Flint, MI show cancelled; Minneapolis, Chicago postponed (updated)

UPDATE 4:25PM PT:

Link posted by lindsey1151:

Press release - true-to-you.net
24 January 2013

Morrissey's concert tonight, January 24, in Flint, MI has been cancelled and subsequent performances in Minneapolis (1/25) and Chicago (1/26) are currently being postponed due to band illness. Those who have already purchased tickets for tonight's show in Flint will be refunded their full ticket price. Those who have already purchased tickets for performances in Minneapolis and Chicago are highly encouraged to hold on to their tickets and look out for rescheduled dates. The tour will resume Monday, January 28 in Asheville, NC.

Morrissey would like to thank everyone for their understanding and patience and wishes his band a speedy recovery!

Terry sends word from the venue that tonight's show in Flint, MI is cancelled due to Morrissey's illness.

UPDATE 2:15PM PT:

Twitter updated from the venue:

https://twitter.com/TheWhitingFlint/status/294550746832187392

Due to artists' illness, tonight's performance of MORRISSEY has been cancelled. Refunds will be given at point of purchase.

Last edited:
Re: Article: Tonight's Flint, MI show cancelled; Minneapolis, Chicago postponed (upda

Given that Kristeen said she and some band were down with the stomach flu all last weekend (Boz also in facemask) and a good few of the fans who got on stage or were in front row pressing the flesh with Moz were themselves OBVIOUSLY ill yet still making contact with him, this doesn't surprise me. Tis the season for it.

The stomach flu is not the same thing as influenza, which is apparently going around. If Boz had the stomach flu, there isn't really much reason to be wearing the mask. Stomach flu is more related to poor hygiene, perhaps someone on the bus hasn't been washing their hands after using the restroom or something.

Nonetheless, it's rather disappointing to tease with the update of an earlier show and then to cancel abotu 2 1/2 hours before the show. Cancel in the morning and save us that are travelling the trouble.

Why is he cancelling Flint but rescheduling Chicago and Minneapolis? Mind you, at this point I don't really care as my excitement for another rescheduled show is pretty low. People have to plan, take time off, spend lots of money, etc to make the show and I've done this twice now and am through.

I believe that this is my final straw with Morrissey, it's even getting too late for the Smiths to reform and if they reform will it be with Andy, Mike, and even Craig? It should... but it's not likely to happen...

Re: Article: Tonight's Flint, MI show cancelled; Minneapolis, Chicago postponed (upda

If it's good enough for Alain, it's good enough for the rest...

Exactly... or if it was Boz, go without Boz for the night... if it was Jessie, go without Jessie... whatever... play on... the only excusable one would be if Morrissey couldn't sing, I saw The Strokes when the singer was sick and it was the worst show of my life, they ended after 3 or so terrible songs and no refund.

Suede had an issue when playing Coachella where one of their members couldn't get into the US and they played without him, they didn't cancel.

This is the sort of thing that has, over time, eroded by interest in Morrissey...

All the Canadian fans so dedicated to this abusive relationship. How much money did you lose this time on your quest? Morrissey won't tour Canada to make his point, that comes first before you. I bet even a little band dispute could set him off into not caring about consequences or YOU. He does it for the money baby, not for you. You keep buying the songs you already have, you should add up how expensive it is to be a morrissey fan! I remember back years ago..an interview.. He was on the dole bc he also refused to work. Hmm. You must crave the abuse.

pissed eh. yeah me too but lots of assumptions here. you dont know.
nobody does. but little apologies and respect going out to fans in general.. how he refuses encores even..i would have to agree
for the most part and flu or whatever.. one too many times for me.

If it's good enough for Alain, it's good enough for the rest...

What do you mean ? What was Alain's illness though was it short term/long term, there is a difference in recovery times for cold/flu as oppose to say total burn out

ARGH. So disappointed. I understand why it was cancelled and this doesn't affect my dedication to him or resolve to see him live but I am really upset in spite of that. I have loved Morrissey since I was a kid. I was never able to see him because I was too far away to travel but after moving to Ontario, and then having him announce this tour, I thought this was it! This show was supposed to be my chance! After 17 years, I was going to get to experience what so many others here have already done. I am so heartbroken. I found out about the last Flint show the day of (but before I had left) but by the time this cancellation was announced, I was already in Flint in my hotel room. All I want is one show! I don't care about the venue, the set list, the encore, the meat is murder video. I just want to see you live once, Moz.

If one of the guitarists was sick he should have replaced him with Johnny Marr, obviously. While he was at it, he should have replaced the rest of the band with the Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke, assuming none of them are under the weather (kidding. sorry!).

If one of the guitarists was sick he should have replaced him with Johnny Marr, obviously. While he was at it, he should have replaced the rest of the band with the Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke, assuming none of them are under the weather (kidding. sorry!).

I don't think Johnny would be able to play Boz and Jessie's tricky chords/songs he's not that good you know

Just refund Chicago and Minneapolis so those of us dumb enough to put the $ towards other shows can do so. For those of you who have never been canceled on at the last minute and want to know how it feels... watch the part in Vacation when the Griswolds find out that Wally World is closed? Yeah, it's pretty much just like that. If you are considering going to the Dallas show, don't. I used live there and the Palladium is one of the easily the worst venue in the city unless you like meathead security and bad sightlines. The shows were called off because Morrissey didn't feel like traveling from Flint to Minneapolis and then back to Chicago. Can't blame him but why agree to do it in the first place?

Woody Allen: "I was at an Alice Cooper thing where six people were rushed to the hospital with a case of bad vibes." :squiffy:

I don't think Johnny would be able to play Boz and Jessie's tricky chords/songs he's not that good you know

People please, if by know you have not figure out his personallity. You are not a fan, he is an unpredictible BITCH,,,,,,,, Always have and always will, Que te paso ahora MARICON?????

So I'm in bed last night early to be rested for my 6am flight out of Saskatoon to Minneapolis via Toronto. Event cancellation email was sent out at 11:35pm last night which of course I did not receive having already been in bed. I boarded my 6am flight this morning for Toronto, get in ready to clear US customs for Minneapolis and sure enough the email pops up on my phone for no show. I am in Toronto now until tomorrow. And yes I did have flights and hotel booked for the original show in October.

Lost: Aeroplan Miles + taxes and change fees $250 one way for cancel and rebooking
Airmiles: 1500 + (750 x2) + $260
Hotel: $60 (I was able to cancel for the October show in time to get refunded).
Time off work
Ticket: To be refunded this time.

Oh, and Ticketmaster left a message on my phone at 9:30 this morning saying the show was cancelled.

Visting beautiful Toronto until my flight home tomorrow night.

I heard from someone who works at the venue that Morrissey observed someone eating a hotdog and lost it.

hope they're not still ill

Lost: Aeroplan Miles + taxes and change fees $250 one way for cancel and rebooking
Airmiles: 1500 + (750 x2) + $260
Hotel: $60 (I was able to cancel for the October show in time to get refunded).
Time off work
Ticket: To be refunded this time.

This is why flying to see a Moz show, & booking a hotel room is such a HUGE gamble. This is sad, folks. Can anyone name even one other performer with a similar record of concert cancellations/ "postponements"?

People please, if by know you have not figure out his personallity. You are not a fan, he is an unpredictible BITCH,,,,,,,, Always have and always will, Que te paso ahora MARICON?????

You my friend are either on the sauce or non English !

I heard from someone who works at the venue that Morrissey observed someone eating a hotdog and lost it.

Bass players injured arm, missing passports,missing toilets, mad-cow disease, hot-dogs, cat died, got out rong side of bed, gay-dar app went down, the wrong healing bread, it was the wrong day. Blah blah blah can you think of anymore good ones. . . . . . .. . . . . . .

Do you really think his mum was ill ? just a simple YES or NO please no essay's thanks .

The boy that cried wolf

I was at the Columbus show...the band looked tired and with little spirit, though they sounded strong. Morrissey, however, was spry. Boz was favoring his wounded wing and didn't sport so much as a smirk the entire evening. Something was going on..odd vibes from the boys. This all leaves me far from surprised about Flint, Chicago, and Minneapolis.

For what it's worth, Kristeen Young just posted that her mother died last evening. It's not the reason for the recent cancellations, obviously - she said she will be back on the road with Morrissey for Asheville.

For what it's worth, Kristeen Young just posted that her mother died last evening. It's not the reason for the recent cancellations, obviously - she said she will be back on the road with Morrissey for Asheville.

Peace be with you, Kristeen.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom