Flight of the Conchords?

Veers dangerously close to being too hipster-cute for its own good but I like it. The truly laugh-out-loud jokes are few and far between but when they do come they're wonderfully unique. Murray and Mel, their manager and their fan, respectively, are two of the best supporting characters in any comedy currently on TV.

I do agree that there are hipster undertones. Perhaps I am distracted by the silliness of it all.

But for me, it's all about Murry Hewit (Rhys Darby). He makes the show for me and I really appriciate that.

But for me, it's all about Murry Hewit (Rhys Darby). He makes the show for me and I really appriciate that.

Agreed. I wish everyone on the show long careers in showbiz but I've a feeling only Murray (and Mel) are destined for bigger things. Darby is really wonderful. I still crack up thinking about the episode in which he buys them stars. They may be too alike for this to work, but I'd like to see him team up with Ricky Gervais.

I think you have a good point there. The 2 of them are surely talented enough to get a million laughs. I do think they Mel is wonderful as well. But there is someone hillarious about Murray that can't be touched. I just love those people who make you laugh instantly and brighten your day :D

i really enjoy this show! the quirky humour makes it great and mel is easily my favourite character on the show. her facial expressions and genuine creepyness are fantastic. i feel at times though that the story lines are a bit week but i suppose the monotonous everyday happenings are what makes it appealing and funny to some. they've done most of the songs on the show during stand-up performances and i really like them better that way. allows them to be a bit longer, injected with more funnyness. you can see most of them on youtube!

i love it. its adorable.
although californication is my new fav. show this season by far. oh mulder.

Back
Top Bottom