"Flight of the Conchords" on HBO

Discussion in 'Off-topic archive (read-only)' started by dagenham don, Jul 10, 2007.

1. dagenham don

dagenham don Head in the clouds

Am I the only one that thinks this is an entertaining show?

When I first saw the promos I was afraid that they were just a less raunchy Tenacious D with New Zealand accents, but I was wrong.

2. Worm

Worm Taste the diffidence

I think it's mildly funny. I do hope they keep it on the air for a few dozen episodes at least, to see where it goes. So far the biggest laughs I've had have been over the "Come To New Zealand" posters on the walls of their agent's office, which doesn't speak well for the creative energy on the show. But I like the two guys and while they've an obvious debt to Tenacious D and Mr. Show, they're original enough.

They have a way of lulling you to sleep with their randomness and sweetness, then zapping you with a brilliant aside. Dry, "The Office"-like humor but even slower and more deadpan. It's a weird kind of comic pacing-- is that the Kiwi streak, I wonder?

Anyway, I love that an organic little show like this has come on the air around the same time as the turgid "John From Cincinnati".

3. Stoner Kebab

Stoner Kebab New Member

i like it i think they are nice people.