Flavorwire list the best 10 Smiths songs covered by female artists

Elizabeth rosewater - I Know it's over

Thank me later

How Soon Is Now? by Love Spit Love is a very good cover
Kirsty Maccoll's version of "You Just Haven't Earned It Yet, Baby" from the 'She's Having A Baby' Movie Soundtrack.
Unwoman kicks "I Know It's Over" on the cello!

Last edited:
Sandie Shaw's version of "Jeane". No doubt helped by the fact it features Morrissey and Marr, it betters the original for me.

The person who compiled this list really f***ed up in not including The Dum Dum Girls version of "There is a Light..."

Live:

Studio:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Dum Dum Girls version of "There is a Light..." VERY NICE!!!
thumbup.gif

The person who compiled this list really f***ed up in not including The Dum Dum Girls version of "There is a Light..."

I thought "Where are the Dum Dum Girls?" too! The best one out there! And Morrissey wrote that song for Nancy, right? Not really a cover...

yeah i always thought that double smiths cover album recently 'please please a tribute to the smiths' had some very great female covers, such as kittens 'panic' and sara lov 'well i wonder'

that Dum Dum Girls cover (which ive not ever heard before now) is far better than anything on that list.

Surely, 'Let Me Kiss You' was written for Nancy Sinatra, so it is the case that Morrissey covered a Nancy Sinatra track, not the other way around?

Dave

Surely, 'Let Me Kiss You' was written for Nancy Sinatra, so it is the case that Morrissey covered a Nancy Sinatra track, not the other way around?

Dave

:crazy: me

I'm talking about sixpence none the richer

oh we forgot Kristeen Young and Kirsty and Chrissy

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom