First Morrissey gig

dublin! i cant remember when, 2015 is my guess. i thought he was dying of cancer and i was determined to see him in concert before he did.

dublin! i cant remember when, 2015 is my guess. i thought he was dying of cancer and i was determined to see him in concert before he did.
December 2014?
Wet. Cold. Wet. But he did Mountjoy, so all is well.

1991. Somewhere in England.

December 2014?
Wet. Cold. Wet. But he did Mountjoy, so all is well.

1991. Somewhere in England.
were you there? i was staying at this "schoolhouse hotel" (which was lovely! ) and it was about a 2 hour walk to the arena, and i had awful sciatica (the only time in my life i've had it!!), but i didnt know how to get there on the bus so i walked--hobbled--there and back. i didnt mind, i was exhilirated to have seen morrissey!! i cried when he performed 'asleep' at the end, because i really believed he was dying.

were you there? i was staying at this "schoolhouse hotel" (which was lovely! ) and it was about a 2 hour walk to the arena, and i had awful sciatica (the only time in my life i've had it!!), but i didnt know how to get there on the bus so i walked--hobbled--there and back. i didnt mind, i was exhilirated to have seen morrissey!! i cried when he performed 'asleep' at the end, because i really believed he was dying.
Yes. It was more cold than usual that night.

Gothenburg 2006. I had been a fan for three years, maybe four. I was 20 going on 21. I had just about shaken most of my crippling introversion and started going to gigs. Seeing Morrissey, who was a god to me, was cathartic. The fact that I got to wave at him when he arrived at the arena ahead of the gig and then was able to run up to his car when it stopped at a red light going back to the hotel, and do some more waving, and then getting a massive handshake and a piece of his shirt at the gig, made 20-year-old me feel like everything in life was possible. As it turned out, it wasn't. But 1 April 2006 is still one of the best days of my life.

Gothenburg 2006. I had been a fan for three years, maybe four. I was 20 going on 21. I had just about shaken most of my crippling introversion and started going to gigs. Seeing Morrissey, who was a god to me, was cathartic. The fact that I got to wave at him when he arrived at the arena ahead of the gig and then was able to run up to his car when it stopped at a red light going back to the hotel, and do some more waving, and then getting a massive handshake and a piece of his shirt at the gig, made 20-year-old me feel like everything in life was possible. As it turned out, it wasn't. But 1 April 2006 is still one of the best days of my life.
you always have some cheese to add to everything

you always have some cheese to add to everything
Had this been said by someone in possession of a shred of humanity, heart or even a balanced psyche, it might have stung. But since it’s you, I merely shrug. Cheese to you is normal human happiness and emotion to everyone else.

Had this been said by someone in possession of a shred of humanity, heart or even a balanced psyche, it might have stung. But since it’s you, I merely shrug. Cheese to you is normal human happiness and emotion to everyone else.
case in point :lbf:

ah but yer alright, kid. no offence.

12th June 2009

Back
Top Bottom