Fiona Dodwell: "Why An Unsigned Morrissey Proves A Lack Of True Diversity In Music" (February 5, 2023)

1_Y5Kugkm7G24X9rTx-Sb27A~2.jpg

"An Opinion Piece by Fiona Dodwell"

Excerpt:

"What was to become of the unreleased 14th solo album? Fans desperately wanted the songs then, as they do now. Morrissey evidently remains committed to releasing them. So, why is there still a barrier, even today, preventing the release of this much sought after project? Who or what stands between the fans and the songs? Why has Bonfire Of Teenagers not been signed, sealed and distributed across the world? The answer might be more unsettling than we like to think."

Regards,
FWD.

Pretty sure the reason why Moz don't go independent, is because
of when he had them awful dealin's with that guy Mr. Shankly.
It soured'em on the idea.

That is a lovely picture of our Mozz
By any chance do you know where it was taken?
I’ve a feeling it could have been
Newcastle????

When Morrissey said bad things about diversity she agreed with him. Now she is in favor of it?
What a cun+.

This section slightly baffles me:
In his book, Autobiography, he explored and expressed his hellish years at school at the hands of certain teachers and was comfortable with being honest about how bullying at school affected him. He even went on to pen a song rumoured to be about these experiences: You Have Killed Me.

Eh? Is she getting confused with 'The Headmaster Ritual?' With all it's talk of being 'entered' I presumed 'You Have Killed Me' was a song about gay sex? What the heck has it got to do with being bullied at school? :squiffy:

Code:
If the entertainment world was (as it claims to be) about truth, originality and the value of art, then the album would have been released, reviewed, played, promoted and enjoyed by his audience a long time ago. Instead, this (as yet) unreleased Morrissey album serves as a reminder to his fans that true diversity in the art world is dying, and we are the ones paying the price of its death.

that is so dramatic. i'm sorry but the entertainment world has never been about truth and originality. also, if fiona "the writer" can easily self-publish "articles" then surely morrissey can release BOT w/out the help of a record company. enough of this sob story already and let me help answer this stupid question:

Code:
Who or what stands between the fans and the songs?

answer: morrissey

Morrissey needs to self-release his albums, but he'll never get over his pride and 20th-century perspective on music.

I skimmed through the article (her writing really is painfully bad) and got the impression the deal with Capitol is definitely off, whereas I had been assuming they were working on a Miley-free Veronica prior to releasing the album this year.

This section slightly baffles me:
Eh? Is she getting confused with 'The Headmaster Ritual?' With all it's talk of being 'entered' I presumed 'You Have Killed Me' was a song about gay sex? What the heck has it got to do with being bullied at school? :squiffy:
Yes/No. The song is about humasexual action in Italy after watching old humasexual italian films.

Last edited:
you just have to look at ben affleks face at last nights grammys,ben afflek is a great director and actor but it was as if he walked on to the wrong film set,he looked bored,bored,bored,because he knew he was among artists who are shallower than a childs paddling pool.
well done fee,an industry which is devoid of any morals or scruples,they will only take a chance if theres a wheelbarrow filled with money outside their office revolving door.

That is a lovely picture of our Mozz
By any chance do you know where it was taken?
I’ve a feeling it could have been
Newcastle????
totally agree,they should sell this on mporium,great photo with a nice widescreen look.

If IANADOAC only sold 6,000 copies, as has been stated on here before, then that's probably the reason no company is interested. Labels used to sometimes like having a 'prestige name' artist who didn't sell in numbers but boosted their profile but interestingly no label seems to want M even in that position

I think she may not realise that amplifying the more stupid of the comments that he makes doesn’t help the cause against being unsigned.

We cannot have this conversation yet again. People, do NOT indulge! It’s a dead-end road!

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom