Fiona Dodwell: "The Mythology Of Morrissey" (November 16, 2021)

1_-bn_g7an3bTH58zeZszaQA.jpeg

The evolution of an artist who became the most misunderstood and misrepresented icon of our time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure what Morrissey is looking to achieve with his approach to his career, maybe he doesn't care. There are bands like New Order who do f*** all to promote themselves, yet can still sell out the O2 and play to 50k people in Manchester, then you have James who do an awful lot of self promotion which leads to success in the charts and sell out arena tours in the UK. We all know Morrissey (or Sam via Morrissey Central) loves to crow about sell out crowds, highest selling merchandise ever , number 1 albums in Poland and Scotland but he actually does nothing to support whatever aspirations he has.
I do wonder if those celebrations of merch sales (sorry Baz) and so on are complete wind-ups for the benefit of Sam—at our expense.

But as you say, there seems to be a conflict: one minute it’s an ‘I don’t give a f***’ attitude; the next it’s immense pride, and boasting, about things that most would consider irrelevant—and perhaps embarrassing.

He’s either playing with us, or deflecting from vulnerabilities through the quick-fix that self-defeating behaviours seem to offer. Probably a bit of both.

Last edited by a moderator:
all those sucy groups like NO, James and the head katastrofa :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:, do promotion by spamming the Moz forum, having no forum or
nothing going on in whatever mediocre FB placing they may have.
they should all say THANK YOU MOZ. camper full of ungrateful cucks.:hammer:

all those sucy groups like NO, James and the head katastrofa :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:, do promotion by spamming the Moz forum, having no forum or
nothing going on in whatever mediocre FB placing they may have.
they should all say THANK YOU MOZ. camper full of ungrateful cucks.:hammer:

Are you still here, babbling like a lunatic. Go and the your meds you embarrassing bell-end.

I do wonder if those celebrations of merch sales (sorry Baz) and so on are complete wind-ups for the benefit of Sam—at our expense.

But as you say, there seems to be a conflict: one minute it’s an ‘I don’t give a f***’ attitude; the next it’s immense pride, and boasting, about things that most would consider irrelevant—and perhaps embarrassing.

He’s either playing with us, or deflecting from vulnerabilities through the quick-fix that self-defeating behaviours seem to offer. Probably a bit of both.
Merch? Did I read "Merch"? Big success anyway, don't mind the general state the artist is in.
As far as I know, Morrissey wants worldwide artistic success and the recognition that must be due to him (because of old great deeds). And what has happened since May, when the title, track list and details of B.O.T. became known? Nothing! No interest, no date, no teaser. Acclaimed, very successful performances in safe places, with enthusiastic, uncritical and submissive American fans. And now?
This torn world is certainly waiting for a Morrissey song recorded in 2020, dealing with the Manchester attack. For sure!

You wanted to know the last time those panties were wet. "All you need is me" and the excitement leading up to the RSD 7" release in 2008. Along with "Paris", by the way, his last two standout singles since 2006. Absolute dry low for me: Bobby.

Merch? Did I read "Merch"? Big success anyway, don't mind the general state the artist is in.
As far as I know, Morrissey wants worldwide artistic success and the recognition that must be due to him (because of old great deeds). And what has happened since May, when the title, track list and details of B.O.T. became known? Nothing! No interest, no date, no teaser. Acclaimed, very successful performances in safe places, with enthusiastic, uncritical and submissive American fans. And now?
This torn world is certainly waiting for a Morrissey song recorded in 2020, dealing with the Manchester attack. For sure!

You wanted to know the last time those panties were wet. "All you need is me" and the excitement leading up to the RSD 7" release in 2008. Along with "Paris", by the way, his last two standout singles since 2006. Absolute dry low for me: Bobby.
What was the RSD release in 2008, Frank ? 🙂

There is a huge over-demand for vinyl pressing at the moment, and a waiting list as various artists are demanding product. Even if Morrissey was signed tomorrow (which would surely get announced somewhere), we'd probably have to wait another 6 months to get LP's pressed. Best case scenario for any release is next summer. That's if it comes out at all.

You’d choose Paris over Bobby?

Baz, fetch the straight-jacket.

:rolleyes:

:crazy:

the torn world :crazy:
is CERTAINLY waiting for a Moz song recorded in 2o2o dealing with the Manchester attack???:crazy:

tore up by soggy gyros?:crazy:

⚒️

There is a huge over-demand for vinyl pressing at the moment, and a waiting list as various artists are demanding product. Even if Morrissey was signed tomorrow (which would surely get announced somewhere), we'd probably have to wait another 6 months to get LP's pressed. Best case scenario for any release is next summer. That's if it comes out at all.

That makes sense. I think it’ll be a summer release as well

You’d choose Paris over Bobby?

Baz, fetch the straight-jacket.
Paris is the classic two-minute song with a very big gesture, which of course he played almost dead live but this declaration of love reaches me. Bobby is campy, musically off-kilter and a pandering to the American market, for which I have no words. Feel free to dance to it, you two glumsy graces! Hope your english blood runs hot. :kissingheart:
What was the RSD release in 2008, Frank ? 🙂
https://www.discogs.com/de/release/1356566-Morrissey-All-You-Need-Is-Me
In my memory, it was the version only available on Record Store Day 2008 and it was hard to get.

Last edited:
Paris is the classic two-minute song with a very big gesture, which of course he played almost dead live but this declaration of love reaches me. Bobby is campy, musically off-kilter and a pandering to the American market, for which I have no words. Feel free to dance to it, you two glumsy graces! Hope your english blood runs hot. :kissingheart:

https://www.discogs.com/de/release/1356566-Morrissey-All-You-Need-Is-Me
In my memory, it was the version only available on Record Store Day 2008 and it was hard to get.
All 3 formats were released in June 2008. 2 x7’ and the cd, but they were not part to any RSD release.
The above one you refer to was #2 of the 7’s. 👍

All 3 formats were released in June 2008. 2 x7’ and the cd, but they were not part to any RSD release.
The above one you refer to was #2 of the 7’s. 👍
There was a time in April 2008 when the version, that I wrote about was announced as an RSD special release, even if it was only for us hunchbacked Germans. But it may have been otherwise.

🤔

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom