Fiona Dodwell: "Morrissey reflects on 'the horror of 2020' after departure from BMG" (November 17, 2020)

Morrissey reflects on 'the horror of 2020' after departure from BMG.

BMG should surely be begging for Morrissey's hand for every future release he will produce.
For there lies true diversity: committing, with loyalty, to an individual who thrives as completely himself in a sea of conformity.

Regards,
FWD.

Update:
November 18, 2020.
Now the topic of a Central post:
Update:
November 28, 2020.
Now a YouTube video:

with anything thats old these days there ends up so many myths that you dont know what to believe,my info comes from being james bond who is one of many bond youtubers so im assuming he has got his info from reliable sources.
I’m assuming 4K is another step up, from blu-Ray? Does it basically allow you to have a bigger screen? I’m still on DVDs.

I’m assuming 4K is another step up, from blu-Ray? Does it basically allow you to have a bigger screen? I’m still on DVDs.
yes 4 times sharper than blu ray,picture is stunning and the tvs are becoming incredibly cheap.

rogers best,watched it a few weeks ago,in my opinion of course.
Yep it’s great. Though I think if you take away the lacklustre opening, and the thatcher ‘cameo’, and the poor song, For Your Eyes Only is the nearest Roger gets to a 60s style Bond: it’s brilliant. My favourite Bond girl too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep it’s great. Though I think if you take away the lacklustre opening, and the thatcher ‘cameo’, and the poor song, For Your Eyes Only is the nearest Roger gets to a 60s style Bond: it’s brilliant. My favourite Bond girl too.
hovis next time you watch live and let die when solitaire is dealing out her tarot cards on the back of the cards is the numbers 007,nice touch.

hovis next time you watch live and let die when solitaire is dealing out her tarot cards on the back of the cards is the numbers 007,nice touch.
Ha, yes: you can buy replicas of that deck.

I guess your up to speed, but the last I read in the entertainment news was that Apple was interested in buying MGM. That’s significant because they want to relaunch Apple TV now (suggesting they wouldn’t want to give the new one a cinema release).

I guess your up to speed, but the last I read in the entertainment news was that Apple was interested in buying MGM. That’s significant because they want to relaunch Apple TV now (suggesting they wouldn’t want to give the new one a cinema release).
On a slight aside, it's rumoured that Apple are buying out Sonos.

The thing is, I feel Morrissey doesn’t understand why the labels don’t try to sell him as he is, he being the ultimate alternative to what is in the charts. Token weirdo, madman, voice of reason.. but of course not, for a label to package that that would actually take some brains, work and dare I say ? .... money from their own pockets. Not in these times.

It was never perfect for artists and their relationships with labels, but there seemed to be a time when big labels were creative and didn’t mind taking the risk as long as they made some money back and they seemed proud to have such difficult artists on their label.
Any label that are logical would not try to package at all.

The man sells himself. Get the word out. See what appearances he wants to do. Interviews, TV spots. Get his art for singles and albums out there.

Get the music out there. Get some creative ideas.

But no, if you package an individual, you stop the reasons you wanted to package them in the first place

Why record labels think they have a say over the art is beyond this particular Tick Tock.

The sentiments of her article are now the subject of a self-made YouTube video:

FWD.

There's a dead horse somewhere sick of being flogged by her
Careful, you know what happened last time you used that idiom 😂
Not sure the article needed to get a video version really.
Running for the hills...
FWD.

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom