Fiona Dodwell: "Morrissey, Astley And The Usual Suspects" via Music-News (September 16, 2021)

Morrissey has made headlines and has been trending across social media sites over the last 24 hours, and as usual, it is not about anything he himself has said or done. Indeed, the drama is yet again the outcome of a bored, frenzied online mob and the indecorous mainstream media who enjoy raking his name over the coals whenever the slightest opportunity presents itself.

Update - September 20, 2021:

Now a post on Central:

Morrissey, Astley and the usual suspects. An opinion piece by Fiona Dodwell.

Regards,
FWD.

At least there's nothing dreadful in it & it's probably a bit too late to again rejoice that Morrissey is upset esp as Marr clearly isn't happy so you'd be rejoicing in hurting the 'only reason you listen to the Smiths'.

But then, is it ever too late for some Moz bashing? 🙄

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to say that RA and B are going to do 2 concerts as a tribute band would, but they are going to charge much more expensive tickets than a band that makes tribute, they are going to charge for a recital of them, that I do not know if it can be done, they should not leave them Moz and Johnny should do something ... On top Johnny was ignored by the group, Johnny is angry because these guys did not tell him what they were going to do, they were with Johnny and did not tell him, they are very expensive

Remember that time when Morrissey signed and sold albums by other artists? Well, RA&B aren't doing that.

Morrissey and Marr should get together and cover Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up and a Blossoms track. Don't know any of their stuff. Would make a cool 7". Proceeds could go to Peta and whatever Marr supports.

At least there's nothing dreadful in it & it's probably a bit too late to again rejoice that Morrissey is upset esp as Marr clearly isn't happy so you'd be rejoicing in hurting the 'only reason you listen to the Smiths'.

What is this witchcraft?

¿Recuerdas aquella vez en que Morrissey firmó y vendió álbumes de otros artistas? Bueno, RA&B no está haciendo eso.

Morrissey y Marr deberían reunirse y hacer un cover de Never Gonna Give You Up y Blossoms de Rick Astley. No conozco nada de sus cosas. Haría un buen 7 ". Las ganancias podrían ir a Peta y lo que sea que Marr apoye.
noooo better not

Now a Central post:

With picture added at the end of the reproduced whole article:

View attachment 76480

Morrissey with Paula. France. Courtesy of SER.

Regards,
FWD.
Mmm that photo is one of the most tender of Morrissey, how beautiful both !! He said something to her and she sat in front of Moz with her ears down, it seems that they had a dialogue, Moz isolated with the dog !!! He is so incredible !!!! I admire him maal!!!!Mozulisss!!! Y Paulita!!!!!

Yet another example of Vegan making a fool of himself, he's clearly just a troll with no knowledge of anything about Morrissey.
Quite, to anyone with a brain, we realize Fiona is a "pawn in the game" we can tell she is a hired hand.
Just like his interviews on the website we can tell, M gives the questions not just the answers - which is what makes his awful answers all the worse

With that a mind, we can NOW expect some badly written up piece that follows a cold email with bullet points, " and don't forget to mention "

Not only has Fiona got no insight into the human condition, she has no real insight into Morrissey and The Smiths (especially the Smiths )..She is the writing version of those fat Latino women that eat burgers while watching meat is murder live
If you are unlucky enough to speak to them it becomes even more clear how little they know - i would actually extend that to MOST of his American fan base- it takes a bit more than knowing the name of a cover star, duckie

I mention this because that is what makes this article so depressing. Deep down Morrissey is actually threatened by Rick. Can you actually f***ing believe that?
In a way he should be, Ricks hair is more like Smiths era Morrissey than Morrisseys these days but so to is his "vibe".
A friend of mine said "Rick keys into that English music hall camp, that was heavy in the Smiths early solo days but has now been killed off, replaced by boring Vegas "cool" "

I agree totally.

There is very little fun in Morrissey these days. His "return" in vegas was solid enough, but it wasn't great. The hardcore I know said (basically) . it was good but nothing special. It was kinda flat
And from what I saw of each night, I agree (though I wish I went, now)

As for this "record-breaking", I would like to see the numbers. I think this is a bit of "billy bullshit"
More than that, who actually gives a f*** about Merch sales apart from the people getting money?
We all know that means, 100 hardcore super fans with little in their lives paid for a load of stuff, they will never really use.
If you have to rely on Merch sales, to seem impressive... You aint got much. What is he Coldplay?

Its worth remembering this also, and i do not mean to piss on anyone's party.
He played, what 4 nights. Most residencies are for a month or 3 weeks.
Lots of artists fill the whole venue for that time. Morrissey didn't there were not only empty seats (in spite of the guest list) but parts were "blacked out" shut off . In fact the venue prob had no more than 3000 people each night.

That is not, in anyway , " record-breaking"

Last edited:
Quite, to anyone with a brain, we realize Fiona is a "pawn in the game" we can tell she is a hired hand.
Just like his interviews on the website we can tell, M gives the questions not just the answers - which is what makes his awful answers all the worse

With that a mind, we can NOW expect some badly written up piece that follows a cold email with bullet points, " and don't forget to mention "

Not only has Fiona got no insight into the human condition, she has no real insight into Morrissey and The Smiths (especially the Smiths )..She is the writing version of those fat Latino women that eat burgers while watching meat is murder live
If you are unlucky enough to speak to them it becomes even more clear how little they know - i would actually extend that to MOST of his American fan base- it takes a bit more than knowing the name of a cover star, duckie

I mention this because that is what makes this article so depressing. Deep down Morrissey is actually threatened by Rick. Can you actually f***ing believe that?
In a way he should be, Ricks hair is more like Smiths era Morrissey than Morrisseys these days but so to is his "vibe".
A friend of mine said "Rick keys into that English music hall camp, that was heavy in the Smiths early solo days but has now been killed off, replaced by boring Vegas "cool" "

I agree totally.

There is very little fun in Morrissey these days. His "return" in vegas was solid enough, but it wasn't great. The hardcore I know said (basically) . it was good but nothing special. It was kinda flat
And from what I saw of each night, I agree (though I wish I went, now)

As for this "record-breaking", I would like to see the numbers. I think this is a bit of "billy bullshit"
More than that, who actually gives a f*** about Merch sales apart from the people getting money?
We all know that means, 100 hardcore super fans with little in their lives paid for a load of stuff, they will never really use.
If you have to rely on Merch sales, to seem impressive... You aint got much. What is he Coldplay?

Its worth remembering this also, and i do not mean to piss on anyone's party.
He played, what 4 nights. Most residencies are for a month or 3 weeks.
Lots of artists fill the whole venue for that time. Morrissey didn't there were not only empty seats (in spite of the guest list) but parts were "blacked out" shut off . In fact the venue prob had no more than 3000 people each night.

That is not, in anyway , " record-breaking"

you want fun go to the :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: no air condition buckethead sucky mini shows.
that'll show you fun:hammer:

Very well Fionna defending Moz,. I can't understand how Rick A and that group can do 2 shows singing only songs from The Smiths, that is, if a group is dedicated to paying tribute to a band, it charges for its shows as a band that does tribute ... if well-known artists like RA and Bloss.do recitals singing only songs from The Smiths they charge as well-known artists that they are and not as bands that do tribute, that is, they earn much more money than a simple band tribute
I think you may misjudge how much money many tribute bands actually earn. It isn’t a trivial income.

I read it carefully and I liked it.

To me, Morrissey is the heart and soul of The Smiths.

I love The Smiths bacause of Morrissey: his lyrics, his voice, his philosophy, his attitude...

Can anyone replace him on an eventual The Smiths (reformed) concert?

Technically, yes.

Would I attend such a concert? No.

Not even it happened in my country.

Why? Because its heart and soul would not be there.
I think the heart and soul left the building a long time ago.
Now there is just me me me and look how they keep attacking me me me

Morrissey has made headlines and has been trending across social media sites over the last 24 hours, and as usual, it is not about anything he himself has said or done. Indeed, the drama is yet again the outcome of a bored, frenzied online mob and the indecorous mainstream media who enjoy raking his name over the coals whenever the slightest opportunity presents itself.

Update - September 20, 2021:

Now a post on Central:

Regards,
FWD.

Fiona who? Another Moz limelight seeker. They have come and gone for decades and they will continue to come and go.

No it’s never too late. He taught us all how to bash with the best(bitchiest) of them.

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom