Fiona Dodwell interview - Felten Ink (Jan. 30, 2020)

On Mozza: "He is an absolutely outstanding artist, entirely in a league of his own"

I saw interview on Fiona dodwell about her writing and they ended asking some questions about why she likes Mozza and why she would still support him, and I think it hits the nail on the head for a lot of fans who still stand by Morrissey, so thought worth sharing

Link to the full thing is here

FIONA DODWELL: “INEXPLICABLE EVENTS HAVE PROBABLY PLANTED LITTLE SEEDS OF INSPIRATION.” - Felten Ink

I have to ask you about Morrissey, after all, you drew my attention with your interviews and I’ve been following you on social media ever since. What do you think that’s so divisive about him among people?

I think Morrissey is seen by some as a “divisive” figure because there simply is no one else out there like him, being so truthful, so open, so willing to discuss things that others won’t. He doesn’t pander to the press, he doesn’t bind himself to the apparent “boundaries” that other artists apply themselves to (out of fear of being controversial or opinionated). He is a rarity, a non-conformist, and because of that, people are sometimes shocked. Wow – a singer with an opinion? Aren’t they just supposed to stand there and inoffensively nod along? No, Morrissey has never been like that and it’s one of the reasons I admire him. There are few like him out there, we should treasure the braver souls amongst us.

What was the initial attraction for you?

First and foremost it’s about the music. That’s the main thing. He is an absolutely outstanding artist, entirely in a league of his own. I know I have spent many years with his music as the “backdrop” to my daily life and so his lyrics, his albums, are very special to me. Then, as we discussed above, there is his confidence and willingness to be bold and strong in the face of some really bad treatment from the mainstream media. That’s something I admire, more than I can express. I get bored of people who try to blend in, or who baulk at the idea of standing-out. It excites me when I see somebody who is willing to go against the grain, and let’s face it, Morrissey does this often. Alongside all of this, I’ve always admired his stance on animal rights.

Why do you think certain elements of the press now take such an unfavourable stance towards him?

I think it’s a combination of lazy journalism, lazy thinking and the hunger to be seen as “politically correct” in a climate where being offended is the fashion. Rarely does the mainstream press actually stop and examine why Morrissey says what he says, they just seem to take a line or two and then run away with their own story.

I find myself agreeing with him more than anything else, but I’d be appalled to be labelled ‘far right’…

It’s the names and labels that do the most damage. If you call somebody “far right” or “racist” then you have blocked the debate at hand, and stopped people examining the specific issues that are being discussed. Plenty of times, Morrissey has made valid points or issues that are relevant, yet what he says isn’t dissected, it’s people’s opinions about what he says that are instead dissected. Why are the mainstream so afraid of actually discussing what he says with level-headedness? Why does everything have to come down to name-calling, immature headlines and mud-slinging? Nobody needs to agree with what another says to at least respectfully hear them out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm only asked to explain by sea-lioning trolls, who parrot my name & think I have some kind of control over the forum. Which is an excellent result.

Once again you're quite unclear ...

Do you consider people mentioning your name to be some kind of goal?
Do you crave control? This could explain why you think it to be an "excellent result".

Same sex parenting isn't normal.
Diversity shouldn't be taught in schools.
Some gay men are paedophiles
Parents who take their children to LGBT events are f***ing weirdos and are corrupting children

I was in the Admiral Duncan pub 2 weeks before the bombing. I'd wondered in there after the end of my Uni drunk and didn't know it was a gay pub. The attack was vile and awful. So, you can f*** right off.

Oh...........and trannies aren't women. Just for the record.

:angry:

^ This f***ing rube-clown, with the Morrissey’s “the greatest artist of all time” nonsense. ...and completely serious about it. lol!

This f***ing rube-clown provides all you need to know about the Morrissey lot. They’ll slurp shit, half-digest it and then toss back a frightful fecal-odoured spray of nonsense as overcompensation for their failure as bi-pods.

The mouths and finger-tapping are supposed to counter their inability to individually reason.

Morrissey sycophants are already being written into the textbooks at several universities. They’re a swell source of tweaker-thought - and fodder for those who’ve kept sane, in these crazy times.

“Rudy, eat a plum.” “Marjorie, watch your lipids.” “Stewart, get some protein.” “Melvis, don’t kill your cat - it’s not vegan”. “Fruit-cake universe”. “John ate a Bahn”. “3 soups in an outhouse”. “Hovis had a movement”. Gordy made a shart”. “K-hole, please eat something (the drugs are killing you)”. ...and the crowning glory... “I’ll f*** you over for a salad.”

There you go Melvis. You’re all set.
How old are you ....10

The guy is lost. There's absolutely no light at all in his life, only hatred. Attempts at politeness with him are futile. Without his hatred he has nothing so he lurks here, and on other platforms, spewing his bile.

I mean who in their right mind would:

a. search online for photos of men at London Pride
b. post those photos online beside comments that he and his trolls had made suggesting gay men are paedophiles
c. wrongly identify three men in one of the photos as paedophiles
d. spend several pages/days defending his actions despite the many protest comments

Twitter banned him, so he claims. Solo accepts his hatred.
He didn't know it was a gay pub.

One thing all the tantruming pro-gay trolls on this site should understand is that homosexuality was frowned upon from the beginning of time. Everyone in the past was a 'homophobe' from Mohammed to George Orwell. It was the default position. It was only with the rise of the LGBT movement that people have been emotionally blackmailed through the mass media of accepting homosexuality as 'normal' - or else.

The many abusive posts above go to show just how toxic and bullying the gay movement is. Look at how John Waters (Ireland's best thinker) has been treated by this group and he is not even anti-gay, only against gay parenting.

Mention any criticism of gays online and suddenly a deluge of aggressive and intolerant comments and threats will pile your way. If gays want to be accepted by everyone (and not just ostensibly) they need to stop this bullying.

A considerable section have always admired the 'body beautiful of the young boy.' This goes back to the Romans and is openly celebrated in places like Afghanistan and other Middle Eastern countries today. The 'young boy' is known for his beauty and as a sexual object for grown men.

Of course the new colourful and cuddly LGBT movement wants to wipe such historical and widely acknowledged facts from history - but they can't - so it obviously creates a lot of anger and frustration on their part when confronted with such inconvenient but factual realities.

It's time for LGBTs to accept that not everyone is willing to swallow the shiny new family-friendly kiddies-rainbow PR image of homosexuality. It's time for them to realise that for many people anal sex will always be seen as a physically as well as mentally unhealthy practice (just look at the disproportionate depression and suicide rates of gays).

It's time for the LGBT movement to stop acting like a hate group and understand that people have opinions and are entitled to them - whatever they may be. Keep ramming your intolerance down people's throat like a leather fist from a Frankie Goes to Hollywood video and you just might encounter a widespread backlash that will position your movement pre-Stonewall.

Last edited:
One thing all the tantruming pro-gay trolls on this site should understand is that homosexuality was frowned upon from the beginning of time. Everyone in the past was a 'homophobe' from Mohammed to George Orwell. It was the default position. It was only with the rise of the LGBT movement that people have been emotionally blackmailed through the mass media of accepting homosexuality as 'normal' - or else.

The many abusive posts above go to show just how toxic and bullying the gay movement is. Look at how John Waters (Ireland's best thinker) has been treated by this group and he is not even anti-gay, only against gay parenting.

Mention any criticism of gays online and suddenly a deluge of aggressive and intolerant comments and threats will pile your way. If gays want to be accepted by everyone (and not just ostensibly) they need to stop this bullying.

A considerable section have always admired the 'body beautiful of the young boy.' This goes back to the Romans and is openly celebrated in places like Afghanistan and other Middle Eastern countries today. The 'young boy' is known for his beauty and as a sexual object for grown men.

Of course the new colourful and cuddly LGBT movement wants to wipe such historical and widely acknowledged facts from history - but they can't - so it obviously creates a lot of anger and frustration on their part when confronted with such inconvenient but factual realities.

It's time for LGBTs to accept that not everyone is willing to swallow the shiny new family-friendly kiddies-rainbow PR image of homosexuality. It's time for them to realise that for many people anal sex will always be seen as a physically as well as mentally unhealthy practice (just look at the disproportionate depression and suicide rates of gays).

It's time for the LGBT movement to stop acting like a hate group and understand that people have opinions and are entitled to them - whatever they may be. Keep ramming your intolerance down people's throat like a leather fist from a Frankie Goes to Hollywood video and you just might encounter a widespread backlash that will position your movement pre-Stonewall.

What do you imagine is the default position for an ignorant woman like yourself?

Anal sex was the most common form of contraception in Victorian England. Historical fact.
What is weird and 'modern' and very unusual is giving unorthodox sexual predilections a label.
From the dawn of history most cultures have seen sex as a spectrum that takes all sorts. The psyche is a bird - why put it in a cage?
It was only with the phallic-monotheistic storm god of Abraham that the obsession of sin and certain practices being seen as 'dirty' was foisted upon the world. Has any philosophy done more damage or f***ed up more minds?

Anal sex was the most common form of contraception in Victorian England. Historical fact.
What is weird and 'modern' and very unusual is giving unorthodox sexual predilections a label.
From the dawn of history most cultures have seen sex as a spectrum that takes all sorts. The psyche is a bird - why put it in a cage?
It was only with the phallic-monotheistic storm god of Abraham that the obsession of sin and certain practices being seen as 'dirty' was foisted upon the world. Has any philosophy done more damage or f***ed up more minds?
The 'withdrawal method' recommended by the Catholic Church has always been the most common form of contraception.

All opinions counter to your own are 'ignorant', 'racist', 'homophobic', etc etc....

You've just exemplified my points.

Eh, all you've done is exemplify that because of your sexuality you believe yourself to be somehow superior and that any opinions counter to your are are invalid.

Did you intend to slap yourself on the face quite so hard?

IP Hash: 2127ad6a33

I'm ignoring you. :p

Lucky IP Hash: 2127ad6a33. Me next, please!

That's an interesting communication style you have; if challenged you hit ignore. You're just another trolling bully unable to make your points coherently.

He didn't know it was a gay pub.

After 4 hours, 3 pints and a Slow Comfortable Screw Againt the Wall he had no idea.

This unintended visit to a gay bar was part of his back peddling routine. Odd that he later claimed the bombing vile but in the same thread made numerous hateful comments advocating harm to LGBT people. It was in the same thread that he joined in the hilarity about a gay man thrown off a building and then stoned the death.

It's good to have friends, isn't it Nerak.

IP Hash: 2127ad6a33

I'm ignoring you. :p

Another desperate attempt at attention seeking. If you wanted to ignore the person all you had to do was ignore them. Not you! You have to let everyone know that you were ignoring them. Have you any idea how desperate that makes you look?

Your actions also speak to your character. In the few short months that you joined this forum you have paraded yourself like a male peacock. Relentlessly posting comments, aggressively challenging the opinions of others and displaying a considered lack of communication skills. There's a certain air of immaturity masquerading as mature. When you are challenged you become hostile. This seems contrary to your claim of enjoying social discourse; or do you only enjoy social discourse when people agree with you?

I think you're deluded enough to think that posting the users IP was a clever, final act of revenge. There was nothing clever about it. It was merely nasty. IP addresses on this site can be obtained for any user, using any device, in any location but you went out of your way to publicly display this information. Your petty act of revenge has outed you as the aggressive bully that you are.

The 'withdrawal method' recommended by the Catholic Church has always been the most common form of contraception.

Ah, the Catholic Church it knows nothing of paedophilia or the abuse of children.

How about you implement the 'withdrawal method' now and f*** off.

Another desperate attempt at attention seeking. If you wanted to ignore the person all you had to do was ignore them. Not you! You have to let everyone know that you were ignoring them. Have you any idea how desperate that makes you look?

Your actions also speak to your character. In the few short months that you joined this forum you have paraded yourself like a male peacock. Relentlessly posting comments, aggressively challenging the opinions of others and displaying a considered lack of communication skills. There's a certain air of immaturity masquerading as mature. When you are challenged you become hostile. This seems contrary to your claim of enjoying social discourse; or do you only enjoy social discourse when people agree with you?

I think you're deluded enough to think that posting the users IP was a clever, final act of revenge. There was nothing clever about it. It was merely nasty. IP addresses on this site can be obtained for any user, using any device, in any location but you went out of your way to publicly display this information. Your petty act of revenge has outed you as the aggressive bully that you are.

When 'challenged' I reply. When all the poster is doing is attacking me personally then I ignore them or make a joke out of it.

Tags
fiona dodwell
Back
Top Bottom