Fiona Dodwell IG: "On Morrissey, Bonfire of Teenagers & the gutter press" (November 16, 2022)

Fiona Dodwell, Sam Rayner and Paul J. Watson... What happened to Merck, Linder, Julia and Russell? Make Morrissey Great Again, is all I can say. He cannot do this by himself any longer, he's gonna need someone (better) on his side.

It's very sad when someone as artistically important as Moz struggles/has to fight so hard for a record deal, while talentless twats saturate the streaming sites and recklessly rule the radioactive radio with their rancid repellent rubbish.

It's very sad when someone as artistically important as Moz struggles/has to fight so hard for a record deal, while talentless twats saturate the streaming sites and recklessly rule the radioactive radio with their rancid repellent rubbish.
I kind of agree with what your saying here.
Whilst at the Gym, in shops, bars, or listening to the radio, I just here the blandest of all modern day music.
With no beat, nor rhythm nor lyrical interest what so ever.
Yet this crap is everywhere.
Unfortunately Mozz is still in the dark ages, relaying on record companies , radio ECT and Sam.

The walk off, and the yet again lack of information RE Bonfire is utterly shocking.
It’s just a good job that most fans have been fans for decades as this is nothing new RE lack of first hand information and respect.

Fiona Dodwell, Sam Rayner and Paul J. Watson... What happened to Merck, Linder, Julia and Russell? Make Morrissey Great Again, is all I can say. He cannot do this by himself any longer, he's gonna need someone (better) on his side.

He's great already. Therefore, there's no need to "make" him great "again".

It is disingenuous to suggest that the “mainstream media” have concocted stories out of nothing. Morrissey explicitly expressed support for a far right political party and in very many people’s minds that’s problematic.

Morrissey isn't owed a record contract, just because he is an 'established' artist. Record companies are only interested in one thing - profit. If they think they can make money on whatever licensing deal he's offering for the rights to release 'Bonfire', they'll sign and release it. If not, then it's down to Morrissey holding out for too much money, or not being willing to work with minor labels.

I want to hear 'Bonfire' as much as the next guy, but this entitled sh*t (including the demand for BMG London to sign him becuase it was made Morrissey Day in LA a decade ago) just rubs me up the wrong way.

It is disingenuous to suggest that the “mainstream media” have concocted stories out of nothing. Morrissey explicitly expressed support for a far right political party and in very many people’s minds that’s problematic.

He explicitly said he didn't think it was - & they deliberately didn't report that giving that entire milieu coverage for years - long after he stopped mentioning them.

It's absolutely unethical to do that.

He explicitly said he didn't think it was - & they deliberately didn't report that giving that entire milieu coverage for years - long after he stopped mentioning them.

It's absolutely unethical to do that.
He was mistaken.

In this day and age it's so easy to release as a streaming release only .... It is that easy and simple an option but no not Morrissey ... It's his only way to go but he's basically a dinosaur here and he has options he refuses... Most folks now only want to listen... The "collectable" vinyl cam come later ... What's most important?

good to put a voice to a face,i like her,shes just a fan like the rest of us,or at least most of us.
fee carry on carrying on.

good to put a voice to a face,i like her,shes just a fan like the rest of us,or at least most of us.
fee carry on carrying on.
I was thinking how mediocre some radio DJs are. Even Dave Fanning in Ireland got worse over the years. There is nobody who can even light a candle, never mind hold one to the great John Peel. So imagine the great music we would play if we were radio DJs/presenters. We'd be open minded and fair, and not pandering to the plebeian peanut population. Moz would love us. 'Nobody Loves Us' would be on my fab 50 Christmas countdown.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom