Fiona Dodwell IG: "On Morrissey, Bonfire of Teenagers & the gutter press" (November 16, 2022)

So rude. Myself, born 1959 (like someone we know?) Sullivan born 1957 (yes! I'm a toy-boy!). Sullivan's father born 1926. The math is relatively simple. Do keep up.
then why do you act like your from the early 1900s.you keep up.

Yes, but let’s not let facts (like his above answer) get in the way of perpetuating the idea that Morrissey doesn’t regret or feel pained by his own actions. It’s better to believe that he is a bad person, that way, folks can feel justified in continuing to criticize him.
yer right ket these days bad equals good,they talk shit about him as he will never reply which will put a smile on their face.

All this to do with the concert where he only sang half the setlist is just spoiled Americans who loves to create drama, I think. No one made a fuss like this after the Warsaw incident in 2014 (where he walked off after 6 songs) or even after Liverpool in 2009 where he abandoned the stage in the middle of the second song after somebody hit him with a plastic bottle or something. So this is just the typical Americans who think they are the centre of the world with their 'forever teenager' mindset. Europe is more mature, I think. Grow up, fat and egocentric Americans! Your time is up, it's China's century now (which is also your fault after sending Nixon to China in 1971).

Yeah, probably has zero to do with the fact that this is an American site with lots of Americans posting, or the fact that they may be posting even more right now because we’re in the middle of an American tour.

Probably also exactly zero to do with the fact that this site does not have and never had a large Poland-based contingent :rolleyes:

Posting anonymous though you can take this as gospel (yes the culture of the internet will immediately say I have no basis)

He has been signed to Capitol in America...
Just as well you withheld a name to sign off on this ledger of accusations thrown in so insistently, oh so brave anonymouse.

Last edited:
Small point to interject from consistently observing socials across all platforms:
One observation made over & over is the visible amount of "young" and "new" fans at recent gigs (and a trend I observed myself heavily during WPINOYB onwards).
Regards,
FWD.
Not so small a point really, and worth saying, seeing as there are plenty around of the kind who trips you up and laughs when you fall 🧒

Small point to interject from consistently observing socials across all platforms:
One observation made over & over is the visible amount of "young" and "new" fans at recent gigs (and a trend I observed myself heavily during WPINOYB onwards).
Regards,
FWD.
I’ve heard it’s to do with pushy dads.

My neighbour and I (we had 9 offspring between us) at the bar in Stockton did notice the number of kids nudged to the front. Because we’d done it.

Apparently, the nippers actually all preferred The Smiths. One dad had massive embarrassing argument about this with his own children—apparently the parental plonker’s fave remains Vauxhall. This guy argumentative parent (Les) is still trying to repair the damage: they look at me, and they say I’m mental.

Regards,
FWD.
I think a lot are from seeing him at Cruel World

All this to do with the concert where he only sang half the setlist is just spoiled Americans who loves to create drama, I think. No one made a fuss like this after the Warsaw incident in 2014 (where he walked off after 6 songs) or even after Liverpool in 2009 where he abandoned the stage in the middle of the second song after somebody hit him with a plastic bottle or something. So this is just the typical Americans who think they are the centre of the world with their 'forever teenager' mindset. Europe is more mature, I think. Grow up, fat and egocentric Americans! Your time is up, it's China's century now (which is also your fault after sending Nixon to China in 1971).
Hate to disappoint you but there were people there from other countries and they were complaining too

I think a lot are from seeing him at Cruel World
My son recently said, “Viva Hate” is my favourite non-smiths album. He was at the front, at Stockton, and thrilled by How Soon is Now.

I could be nurturing unusual children, but I’m not convinced my experience wasnt entirely odd. They love The Smiths. They feel that band remains incredibly important. They like Morrissey because of The Smiths. That’s it.

My son recently said, “Viva Hate” is my favourite non-smiths album. He was at the front, at Stockton, and thrilled by How Soon is Now.

I could be nurturing unusual children, but I’m not convinced my experience wasnt entirely odd. They love The Smiths. They feel that band remains incredibly important. They like Morrissey because of The Smiths. That’s it.
I am just going by what I read on social media, a lot of younger people at Cruel World are now Morrissey fans

It's true - The Smiths are up there as one of 'the' bands that are a right of passage for any teenager. And 'Viva Hate' will always be the album that sounds most like The Smiths, and so will always be Moz's most accessible album for anyone who experiments with post-Smiths Moz.

By definition, a sycophant can't be expected to be objective.

Similarly, Morrissey can't expect to conduct himself the way he does and expect to be given what he wants by for profit companies.

He could put the album out today or any day for the last 365 days had he REALLY wanted the album released.

I wonder if Fiona factors those factors into her propaganda factory?

By definition, a sycophant can't be expected to be objective.

Similarly, Morrissey can't expect to conduct himself the way he does and expect to be given what he wants by for profit companies.

He could put the album out today or any day for the last 365 days had he REALLY wanted the album released.

I wonder if Fiona factors those factors into her propaganda factory?
Indeed. I think he wants a major label to release it so they can do all the "heavy lifting": billboards ,TV ads etc. As someone who has always complained about lack of promotion, if he self released it, he would have to engage with the so called mainstream media, who I imagine would not put up with him wanting to be interviewed in vetted online Q & A's. Plus if it doesn't sell in the same type of numbers as say Quarry, who does he blame?.

I do hope that it is released, as from what I heard, the songs sound a lot better than most of the tracks on World Peace.. or Low in..

Indeed. I think he wants a major label to release it so they can do all the "heavy lifting": billboards ,TV ads etc. As someone who has always complained about lack of promotion, if he self released it, he would have to engage with the so called mainstream media, who I imagine would not put up with him wanting to be interviewed in vetted online Q & A's. Plus if it doesn't sell in the same type of numbers as say Quarry, who does he blame?.

I do hope that it is released, as from what I heard, the songs sound a lot better than most of the tracks on World Peace.. or Low in..
Exactly. He seems he wants the kind of backing given to those who sell a lot of records, despite not selling a lot of records.

That's what I was questioning from her insta video. No, I can't imagine his frustration because if he wants the record released, he could release it.

If he wants the record released in a certain way then play the game and jump through the hoops required to get that.

If he doesn't want to play the game, he doesn't get what he wants. It's not THAT difficult to comprehend is it?

Exactly. He seems he wants the kind of backing given to those who sell a lot of records, despite not selling a lot of records.

That's what I was questioning from her insta video. No, I can't imagine his frustration because if he wants the record released, he could release it.

If he wants the record released in a certain way then play the game and jump through the hoops required to get that.

If he doesn't want to play the game, he doesn't get what he wants. It's not THAT difficult to comprehend is it?

Agree, as I said in an earlier post, James just seem to get on with it, their last 4 albums have been on 4 different labels, they then use their social platforms to get the messages out and end up with great chart placings and sell out tours.

Last edited:
I saw an email posted, tickets will be honored, no refunds and no new date yet. I can't confirm it's true so I did not copy it and bring it over, so don't take this as some official word.

I saw an email posted, tickets will be honored, no refunds and no new date yet. I can't confirm it's true so I did not copy it and bring it over, so don't take this as some official word.

Few People on here are pretty pissed at the lack of info.

Few People on here are pretty pissed at the lack of info.

It's really inexcusable, I don't know how anyone can defend this or why they would want to. I also don't know why people are saying it's the fault of the fans for going. Further, I don't know why people are saying if you did not go to this gig you should not complain, do this also mean that if you don't go to a gig and it's a good gig you shouldn't praise it.
People deserve their money back.

Exactly! And that's exactly why he keeps firing managers too. He wants to make no compromises and he wants to be blindly loved, which is unfortunately impossible. But when it doesn't happen, it's always somebody else's fault: the managers', the media's or the record company's.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom