Fiona Dodwell IG: "On Morrissey, Bonfire of Teenagers & the gutter press" (November 16, 2022)

It's really inexcusable, I don't know how anyone can defend this or why they would want to*. I also don't know why people are saying it's the fault of the fans for going. Further, I don't know why people are saying if you did not go to this gig you should not complain, do this also mean that if you don't go to a gig and it's a good gig you shouldn't praise it.
People deserve their money back.
* Ketamine will. The Kellyanne Conway/Rudi Giulani to Morrissey's Trump.

Exactly! And that's exactly why he keeps firing managers too. He wants to make no compromises and he wants to be blindly loved, which is unfortunately impossible. But when it doesn't happen, it's always somebody else's fault: the managers', the media's or the record company's.

computer-says-no-funny.gif

Moz twitter bubble says "NO".

"What we cannot speak about we must pass over in silence."
- Wittgenstein

Is this an impossible injunction for most people?

I do admittedly find myself talking through my hat sometimes, but then often when I log on here, I realise what an amateur I am.

It's really inexcusable, I don't know how anyone can defend this or why they would want to. I also don't know why people are saying it's the fault of the fans for going. Further, I don't know why people are saying if you did not go to this gig you should not complain, do this also mean that if you don't go to a gig and it's a good gig you shouldn't praise it.

I think you have a right to complain even if you weren’t at the concert, but do you have to continuously complain in dozens of posts over the course of several days? How big of a deal is this, really? It seems like you just enjoy having an axe to grind.

Look on the bright side: maybe he was going to sing Meat is Murder that night, and his early exit spared the meat-eaters in the audience the inconvenience of being confronted with backdrop footage of the cruelty they abide. You’re the one who ditched Morrissey tickets to avoid that particular irritation.

I don’t doubt it. My oldest (17) loves Paul McCartney. Can’t think why.
Never been a fan. Funnily enough though, I did go to see Paul McCartney at the Fonte Nova in Salvador, Brazil, in 2017 as I was there on holiday. Despite my indifference to the guy, it was good fun. Brazilians love The Beatles - so hearing several thousand Brazilians in a football stadium sing along to 'Hey Jude' (in broken English) was quite an experience. I would love to go to a Moz show in Latin America. I'm sure the atmosphere would be amazing.

I’m sure it would be amazing! but you know, he might walk off or cancel the show, so you’re taking a big risk going all the way there, so what are you gonna do?
You seem more irked than the people asking for a refund!
I would be truly disappointed...just like those people in Los Angeles on Saturday night. I do think being in Los Angeles for the weekend probably would have helped my disappointment though - despite the cold.
I'm a forgiving soul. I'm sure I could pick up the pieces and get on with my life. My love for Morrissey would win the day.

You seem more irked than the people asking for a refund!
I would be truly disappointed...just like those people in Los Angeles on Saturday night. I do think being in Los Angeles for the weekend probably would have helped my disappointment though - despite the cold.
I'm a forgiving soul. I'm sure I could pick up the pieces and get on with my life. My love for Morrissey would win the day.

Everyone knows it sucks, obvs. But where’s the intelligence? what benefit is complaining about it on solo? And don’t be fooled, these people complaining are probably already lining up for the next tour anyway, Lol.

Lol ….. 👇

Last edited:
So, Bonfire. Morrissey has played more than half the record live now... Does anyone know how many songs he sang live from YATQ before a deal was secured?

At the Albert Hall gigs in 2001 he did First Of The Gang To Die, I Like You, The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores, Mexico and (I think) Irish Blood English Heart.

A decent collection to go to (bidding) war with.

Everyone knows it sucks, obvs. But where’s the intelligence? what benefit is complaining about it on solo? And don’t be fooled, these people complaining are probably already lining up for the next tour anyway, Lol.
Yes, but it's also human to have a bit of a moan and a grumble, Ket. This happens in any relationship - and make no mistake, everyone on here does have a relationship with Moz, whether as artist and audience, or artist and fan, or (in Skinny's case) artist and crazed fan (you can tell he loves him really). And Moz does have a habit of fostering a relationship with his audience that is deeper than most. Let's face it - there are some artists out there who, if they walked off after a few songs, that would be a relief for the audience, not a cause for disappointment and recrimination.

Yes, but it's also human to have a bit of a moan and a grumble, Ket. This happens in any relationship - and make no mistake, everyone on here does have a relationship with Moz, whether as artist and audience, or artist and fan, or (in Skinny's case) artist and crazed fan (you can tell he loves him really). And Moz does have a habit of fostering a relationship with his audience that is deeper than most. Let's face it - there are some artists out there who, if they walked off after a few songs, that would be a relief for the audience, not a cause for disappointment and recrimination.

then, as I’ve said earlier, some people like to stay in abusive relationships then.

……….👇 Lol

Last edited:
I think you have a right to complain even if you weren’t at the concert, but do you have to continuously complain in dozens of posts over the course of several days? How big of a deal is this, really? It seems like you just enjoy having an axe to grind.

Look on the bright side: maybe he was going to sing Meat is Murder that night, and his early exit spared the meat-eaters in the audience the inconvenience of being confronted with backdrop footage of the cruelty they abide. You’re the one who ditched Morrissey tickets to avoid that particular irritation.
You caught me, my real problem is that he is a vegan and therefore obnoxious, not that he cancels hundreds of concerts, I just use that as a cover. I feel strangely free now, thank you Aubrey for releasing me from these shackles.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom