Fiona Dodwell: "How Morrissey outran The Smiths (and why his critics will never admit it)" (February 18, 2021)

1_rVMgi2j7_fn70rcypLXkLg.jpeg

How Morrissey outran The Smiths (and why his critics will never admit it)

Excerpt:

"There’s an emergence of voices rising from the rotting grave of political correctness lately, in a feeble attempt to somehow make Morrissey’s art into nothing more than a shadow of The Smiths. In reality though, to many, he was the beating heart of the much-loved 80s quartet and unlike his bandmates, he became so much more.
There are many voices online using the tired old trope, “I won’t listen to Morrissey because I don’t agree with his views, but I’ll always have The Smiths.” If this sentiment were limited only to the dull echo chambers of anonymous social media users, it might not be so bad. Yet it does not stop there."

Regards,
FWD.

Now linked to by Central:

Tim Burgess called Morrissey a "gammon" on Twitter back in 2018.

The Tweet is still there if you want to look it up Tim Burgess said "The irony of Morrissey being a gammon."

Maybe he was confusing him with
Craig Gannon ? Or he thought that they were related?

Tim Burgess called Morrissey a "gammon" on Twitter back in 2018.

The Tweet is still there if you want to look it up Tim Burgess said "The irony of Morrissey being a gammon."

Tim Burgess doesn't like Morrissey and he doesn't want to be associated with his politics. They are polar opposites politically. You are mistaken if you think Tim Burgess is friends with Morrissey. I'm not claiming to be an expert on politics. I was just trying to point out that Tim Burgess doesn't like Morrissey. For what it is worth I like Morrissey and it was wrong of Tim Burgess to say what he said.

Twitter virtue signals are Twitter virtue signals.

I shouldn't be so narky though

Last edited by a moderator:
Yawn. A predictably defensive load of bullshit. Sorry babe, but your contributions typically have about as much as depth as Vegan Cro’s. Gushing fanaticism and relentless negativity are two ends of the exact same spectrum, one isn’t any more valuable than the other.

I like Ketamines contribunion in the main but I find it very odd that when challenged, Vegan leaps in with one of his simpleton posts and Ketamine likes his post, it’s feels she uses the site clown as a support crutch, which is odd behaviour for someone who comes across as pretty intelligent?

Last edited:
Twitter virtue signals are Twitter virtue signals.

I shouldn't be so narky though

Not about Tim Burgess you shouldn't. He is a real positive force during this pandemic, bringing people from all over the world together with his Twitter Listening Parties, all through music.

I like Ketamines contribunion in the main but I find it very odd that when challenged, Vegan leaps in with one of his simpleton posts and Ketamine likes his post, it’s feels she uses the site clown as a support crutch, which is odd behaviour for someone who comes across a pretty intelligen?
There are a few people that like that clown's posts when he seems to be supporting them. It does seem desperate. lol

Not about Tim Burgess you shouldn't. He is a real positive force during this pandemic, bringing people from all over the world together with his Twitter Listening Parties, all through music.

Narky with you!

People tweet things that play well with their tribe in the moment, doesn't always tell you that much about what they really think or what the target of the tweet is really like.

He is called a hypocrite because he is. He condones violence on those that are violent to animals (you stated this) - yet for decades he wore leather shoes, for example. Leather of animal beings who were cruelly murdered then he put their skins on his feet.

I can't wait you or Nerak jump to "explain" it isn't what it seems, in fact, Morrissey helped the animal cause by wearing leather :).

Oh, for crying out loud - animal rights started off with vegetarianism & anti-vivisectionism & has been developing ever since as more information & alternatives became available.

The people motivated enough to moan about him on a website - & not motivated enough to look up the history of the thing they're moaning at him about. :rolleyes:

Agree, he's done over 500 listening parties now and they've been great.

American journalists are clyping on each other on substack & clubhouse.

It's more pointed than the UK stuff.

20210223_124243.jpg

20210223_124228.jpg

😐

this twat should look in the mirror before calling someone names FFS

:handpointdown:

images

How sick and tired I am of this woman. She more than anyone is pushing the narrative that Moz is politically incorrect and subversive. She thinks she’s doing him a favor, but she’s just reminding the haters why they hate him. If anyone is reading her stuff, that is. He hasn’t said anything in a good while, nor has the media. But she’s has a new article out every week, all saying the same thing.

And by the way, as much as I adore Moz (and I do), Johnny was just as important for the Smiths music as Moz was. Only the most deluded Moz fans (those that feel that they’re more loyal to Moz if they hate Johnny) will claim otherwise.

Salmon what are you talking about? 🧐
:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: was a hinderance to Moz FFS
even his buddy Hooky has to acknowledge that
Le :frogface: had but one sucky:guitar:

RCM: You think he’s better than Johnny Marr?

PH: He is because he writes more memorable guitar lines. If you listen to Joy Division, and you listen to New Dawn Fades, Shadowplay – you hear fantastic, monumental guitar. Name me a great riff of Johnny Marr’s apart from How Soon Is Now? New Dawn Fades, Insight, Twenty Four Hours – now that’s f***ing great guitar work.

thats why Bernard quit that group. Le :frogface:
was very poor playing the dumb :guitar:

I like Ketamines contribunion in the main but I find it very odd that when challenged, Vegan leaps in with one of his simpleton posts and Ketamine likes his post, it’s feels she uses the site clown as a support crutch, which is odd behaviour for someone who comes across as pretty intelligent?

Lol. I always thought that most of Vegans posts are hilarious bordering on the surreal, great stuff, though, I don’t really follow the exchanges he has with you and others, nor do I totally understand all his posts, but that’s fine, because most people here don’t seem to understand mine or they make up their own ‘logical’ understanding of them, but missing the point.
Ah but yes, I’m also quite aware that by liking his posts it would trigger you, I don’t understand why he bothers you so much. In a way, solo asked for Vegan and solo got Vegan and Vegan is here to stay.

Though, pot kettle, you’ve been liking others that post objections to my posts, you’re using them as an support crutch I guess. Maybe solo is your support crutch, and that’s fine too.

Oh, btw, I liked your post, it must mean that I’m using it as a ‘support crutch’ :rolleyes:
There are a few people that like that clown's posts when he seems to be supporting them. It does seem desperate. lol

Our reasons may be different, but we all come here out of desperation. But most wouldn’t want to or could admit to that fact. ‘Lol’.

:cool:

Oh, for crying out loud - animal rights started off with vegetarianism & anti-vivisectionism & has been developing ever since as more information & alternatives became available.

Musician totally misunderstood my post. It was basically me saying that it seems pretty obvious (at least to me) that Morrissey doesn’t give a shit (thank god) about his public image or his fans approval when it comes to championing issues and causes that are important to him.

Musician totally misunderstood my post. It was basically me saying that it seems pretty obvious (at least to me) that Morrissey doesn’t give a shit (thank god) about his public image or his fans approval when it comes to championing issues and causes that are important to him.

Yeah, he does throw himself into the deep end.

People tweet things that play well with their tribe in the moment, doesn't always tell you that much about what they really think or what the target of the tweet is really like.

Rubbish, thats simply the thinking-formula youre stuck with about everything, starting with Moz

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom