Fiona Dodwell: "Five Morrissey Albums That Deserve Reappraisal" (December 3, 2020)

run,run young man through the glen.
glen is such a scottish word,wonder what his thinking was when writing it.
i actually pass through a glen on the way to work and a waterfall,wonder how many people can say they pass a waterfall on their way to work everyday.
it makes me think of sleeping beauty. she told the prince to me her at the "cottage in the glen" that evening, but of course it was not to be.... sleeping beauty is my FAVOURITE disney princess

In order of preference, I think I'd rank the 5 which she mentions like this:
  1. Swords
  2. Maladjusted (both versions)
  3. Arsenal
  4. Dog
  5. World Peace

Louder Than Bombs feels like an album, though.
To me it doesn’t. A collection of studio recordings and sessions from different years that were all produced differently could never feel like a proper album.

(That's not to say that it isn't an incredible record, just like Hatful Of Hollow or Swords...)

Haha. Like the courtesy he afforded Johnny 'Rodent' whom he wished would die in a motorway pile-up (despite claiming to have never read The Severed Alliance) or wishing Mike Joyce "nothing but the worst".
No courtesy should be afforded to Morrissey the proud and very public supporter of a far right party.

i actually pass through a glen on the way to work and a waterfall,wonder how many people can say they pass a waterfall on their way to work everyday.

Someone said he might have been thinking of this:

What a surprise, first comment. You sad prick, just sitting here F5ing all day.
Is 'F5ing' a euphemism? It would explain why Peter is making so many typos...it must be difficult for him to type with his left hand whilst rubbing his little tassel at the same time.

It always stands out to me when Morrissey uses that word/name, because it is my own. Of course, Glen is mentioned in ‘Death At One’s Elbow’...well Glenn, anyway.

Smiler With Knife = 'Sonic Treasure' :ROFLMAO:

If you'd managed to take her seriously up to that point, it was game over from then on.
I rather like 'World Peace', I think there's a decent album in there but to me, 'Smiler' has never been any more than the sort of song that in the old days would have been the third b-side on a 12"/CD single.

She has a very generic and uninspired writing style. I guess that's why she's a freelance blogger.

I rather like 'World Peace', I think there's a decent album in there but to me, 'Smiler' has never been any more than the sort of song that in the old days would have been the third b-side on a 12"/CD single.
Yeah, when the b-sides were better than the a-sides 😉

The last 5 tracks on the dlx version are superb.

The last 5 tracks on the dlx version are superb.
There's a lot of great songs on the regular World Peace, only problem is the pacing. I've tried to improve the tracklist many times by cutting songs and replacing them with songs from the deluxe edition but it's quite difficult to get a decent flow.

There's a lot of great songs on the regular World Peace, only problem is the pacing. I've tried to improve the tracklist many times by cutting songs and replacing them with songs from the deluxe edition but it's quite difficult to get a decent flow.
Oh I love the whole album, don't get me wrong, but those last 5 on the dlx version (only version I own) have always stood out as simply 'wunderbar'.

After it was released, ISTR that someone posted a version on here with all the rambling ambient intro/outro stuff cut out. That would help with pacing.

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom