Fiona Dodwell: "Exclusive: Interview With Marion Singer, Jaime Harding" - Morrissey mentions (May 15, 2023)

paris-1996-twab-clivelawrence6.jpg

Excerpt:

"He is a raw, honest and innovative artist, yet Harding has experienced significant lows as well as highs throughout his career so far, and much of this was reported in the mainstream press. His encounter with grief after the loss of his manager and close friend, Joe Moss (who had managed legendary Manchester band, the Smiths in the 80’s) and his long-term use of drugs were amongst the biggest struggles of the star. Harding never shied away from these struggles though, and faced them head on, battling against addiction and trauma over recent years."

Regards,
FWD.

View attachment 91093

Excerpt:

"He is a raw, honest and innovative artist, yet Harding has experienced significant lows as well as highs throughout his career so far, and much of this was reported in the mainstream press. His encounter with grief after the loss of his manager and close friend, Joe Moss (who had managed legendary Manchester band, the Smiths in the 80’s) and his long-term use of drugs were amongst the biggest struggles of the star. Harding never shied away from these struggles though, and faced them head on, battling against addiction and trauma over recent years."

Regards,
FWD.

Mattteee, Jamie is ok. He used to live In London, so I met him a few times back in the day, also he always goes to MozArmy events,so I keep up with the gossip then
His GF (Vickie) is a top lady, she has done a good job with him, trying to keep him off the drugs This has to count as a slow day in the office, though mate. Marion had an ok first LP, their second LP was "OK" and that's it, he has done nothing else since then, apart from Hero worship Pete Doughty from The Libertines and post some awful selfies from his old dingy bedsit, asking fans for money and really be quite the low life- him and the guy from Menswear. Vickie then sorted him out a bit, got hum the feck out of London. Things were a bit messy for a while and he did time He has been ok over the last few years. I feel for the guy but makes me laugh hes doing an interview with Fiona, LOL she really has nothing beyond a scraps from M world. Basically when M isn't there, she interviews his fan base, Moz Army fan base.
Jamie is one of the saddest cases of the Brit Pop story, he was very good-looking and quite talented and drugs really messed him up. There were some good tunes on the first LP and the Johnny Marr produced second LP had promise but he messed up, his looks were gone by 30. He made no music. There are some really sad clips of people laughing while he sings pissed up in a pub

that was a good read,guy has been through it and came out the other side,well done fee good interview.

Mattteee, Jamie is ok. He used to live In London, so I met him a few times back in the day, also he always goes to MozArmy events,so I keep up with the gossip then
His GF (Vickie) is a top lady, she has done a good job with him, trying to keep him off the drugs This has to count as a slow day in the office, though mate. Marion had an ok first LP, their second LP was "OK" and that's it, he has done nothing else since then, apart from Hero worship Pete Doughty from The Libertines and post some awful selfies from his old dingy bedsit, asking fans for money and really be quite the low life- him and the guy from Menswear. Vickie then sorted him out a bit, got hum the feck out of London. Things were a bit messy for a while and he did time He has been ok over the last few years. I feel for the guy but makes me laugh hes doing an interview with Fiona, LOL she really has nothing beyond a scraps from M world. Basically when M isn't there, she interviews his fan base, Moz Army fan base.
Jamie is one of the saddest cases of the Brit Pop story, he was very good-looking and quite talented and drugs really messed him up. There were some good tunes on the first LP and the Johnny Marr produced second LP had promise but he messed up, his looks were gone by 30. He made no music. There are some really sad clips of people laughing while he sings pissed up in a pub
A bit harsh there, no? He got two years prison when he lit up two of his girlfriend's dresses and the fire got out of control and he had to phone for the fire brigade. She wasn't in the dresses at the time or even in the apartment. So he gets two years for arson. A bit harsh there, no?

I remember him from the ‘95 tour. He had some swagger and was quite a frontman, with a voice to match. But we were spoilt for guitar rock choice in the mid 90s, and Marion couldn’t really distinguish themselves from the dozens of others in the second tier—despite their fine first producer.

I remember him from the ‘95 tour. He had some swagger and was quite a frontman, with a voice to match. But we were spoilt for guitar rock choice in the mid 90s, and Marion couldn’t really distinguish themselves from the dozens of others in the second tier—despite their fine first producer.
Did GENE ever open for Moz? Now that would have been a great gig. I know Moz's Meltdown Festival featured GENE. Of course these days ole Rossiter is an anti-Mozarchist and not a particularly nice individual from what I hear. A pity as he was a brilliant frontman for a brilliant and vastly under-rated band.

Of all the Moz concerts I've been to I think SACK (from Ireland) were the best support ever, with Anna Calvi, James Maker & New York Dolls close runners up.

Jaime Harding from Marion - seriously? Was Alonza Bevan from Kula Shaker not available?

Did GENE ever open for Moz? Now that would have been a great gig. I know Moz's Meltdown Festival featured GENE. Of course these days ole Rossiter is an anti-Mozarchist and not a particularly nice individual from what I hear. A pity as he was a brilliant frontman for a brilliant and vastly under-rated band.

Of all the Moz concerts I've been to I think SACK (from Ireland) were the best support ever, with Anna Calvi, James Maker & New York Dolls close runners up.
Top band Gene, Be My Light, Be my Guide was a fantastic single, always unfairly accused of being Smiths rip offs.

Gene never opened a Morrissey show. The Killer's opened a Morrissey show. Martin was always very nice and kind to Americans during their heyday. Much like the other Morrissey introduced bands (Echobelly, Elcka, Courteeners). I think they all wanted a piece of the Morrissey pie. I don't mean that in a negative way. They just saw what he had and wanted the same. Since he endorsed them then they thought maybe they could inherit that rabid fan base.

Gene never opened a Morrissey show. The Killer's opened a Morrissey show. Martin was always very nice and kind to Americans during their heyday. Much like the other Morrissey introduced bands (Echobelly, Elcka, Courteeners). I think they all wanted a piece of the Morrissey pie. I don't mean that in a negative way. They just saw what he had and wanted the same. Since he endorsed them then they thought maybe they could inherit that rabid fan base.

I don’t know what those bands ever really wanted or thought they would get by opening for Morrissey. Guess they all had different reasons for doing so, didn’t seem to get most of them very far. But I’d hate to be in a band opening to a theater filled mostly with people that are really there just to see Morrissey. Back in the day I liked seeing new bands in clubs anyway, so I was glad when Morrissey moved to intro videos instead of having opening bands.

A bit harsh there, no? He got two years prison when he lit up two of his girlfriend's dresses and the fire got out of control and he had to phone for the fire brigade. She wasn't in the dresses at the time or even in the apartment. So he gets two years for arson. A bit harsh there, no?
It was probably because of his prior... for stealing a couple swan plant pots.

I don’t know what those bands ever really wanted or thought they would get by opening for Morrissey. Guess they all had different reasons for doing so, didn’t seem to get most of them very far. But I’d hate to be in a band opening to a theater filled mostly with people that are really there just to see Morrissey. Back in the day I liked seeing new bands in clubs anyway, so I was glad when Morrissey moved to intro videos instead of having opening bands.
That was the best move EVER!

I saw the gig, they were not actually granted a show on stage but were instead relegated to playing in the lobby. A waste, I felt, as they would’ve been a great opening act. Clearly, Martin never got over it.

I’d have Gallon Drunk as his best ever openers (I saw them live, but not supporting Morrissey, in ‘94). Probably Franz Ferdinand would be the best openers I’ve seen. I arrived too late to see Beck precede him at Old Trafford Cricket Ground; I regret that.

That was the best move EVER!
It was a poor decision: a good opening act is great for growing the industry that sustains all tours, and it can do so much that’s positive for the gig atmosphere. The best can earn themselves a completely new fanbase.

Conversely, watching Girl in a Coma (2015?) having humourless stand-up arguments with pissed up audience members created nothing more than a massive queue at the bar.

I’d have Gallon Drunk as his best ever openers (I saw them live, but not supporting Morrissey, in ‘94). Probably Franz Ferdinand would be the best openers I’ve seen. I arrived too late to see Beck precede him at Old Trafford Cricket Ground; I regret that.
Gallon Drunk couldn't or wouldn't actually play properly. They were terrible. Great Morrissey tour though, 1992, The Palace of Auburn Hills, Michigan. Huge arena show.

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom