Fiona Dodwell: "Eight Tracks That Prove Morrissey Is As Great As He’s Ever Been" (June 23, 2021)

1_WE-wCbkOH4b4KLi1i629yw.jpeg

Regards,
FWD.

Really bad selection. :fearscream: 'I Bury the Living' and 'Israel' are good candidates for his worst tracks ever, with some of his stupidest political commentary. 'I'm Not a Man' has a nice tune, ruined - again! - by crass lyrics. 'Once I Saw the River Clean' is one of the better recent tracks, though, and 'Spent the Day in Bed' was a thumping single. Really, though, I think we can all make better selections than this.

She is so desperate for Morrissey to love her. A bit sad really. Would not be surprised for her to be an invention of Morrissey's management.
I don't get paid to like MoZ... iy I love him!! Many of us are admirers of him in exchange for nothing, well somehow he also created us, if Moz were not the one who is there would not exist his fans

When it comes to lyric sites that can be googled, I am often surprised how inaccurate they are, and, even worse, that these sites often copy each other's content unreflectingly. I sometimes hear "faith" instead of "face". Keeping in mind that the song is called "Home is a Questions Mark", and "faith" being somehow the opposite of that, this could probably open up some new perspective on the song as well.
Sometimes people spend a lot of time looking (or in this case hearing) for something that simply isn't there. It is face.

Sometimes people spend a lot of time looking (or in this case hearing) for something that simply isn't there. It is face.
Just take a look at Christopher Columbus, the perfect example, but he was lucky enough to find something never heard of and extraordinarily new (at least from the European perspective) instead.
But do you know what, I listened to the song again, just for pleasure, and I am sure that he sings "faysh", so, "when you wrap your legs around my faysh", twice. A nod to the Arab world ? ;-)

Aww, man, not again. Stop already

Going from strength to strength, eh? Maybe someone should tell the buying public

And the analysis, such as it is, is grade-A turd polishing. Wonder why few people share her, err, view? I mean, they'd be selling like hot-cakes, right?

You do realize that first sentence is precisely what most people think whenever they see your utterances.

Just take a look at Christopher Columbus, the perfect example, but he was lucky enough to find something never heard of and extraordinarily new (at least from the European perspective) instead.
But do you know what, I listened to the song again, just for pleasure, and I am sure that he sings "faysh", so, "when you wrap your legs around my faysh", twice. A nod to the Arab world ? ;-)
You are comparing Christopher Columbus stumbling upon "the new world" with Morrissey lyrics "is it face? Waist? Faysh"
Bravo!

You are comparing Christopher Columbus stumbling upon "the new world" with Morrissey lyrics "is it face? Waist? Faysh"
Bravo!
Not a comparison to the lyrics. I was refering to "Sometimes people spend a lot of time looking for (or in this case hearing) something that simply isn't there." So, I was actually comparing Columbus to some folks listening to lyrics. I think till his death Columbus strongly believed he had landed in India.
Not saying that it is NOT "face" here in the song, but Mozzer kinda mumbles the word into his non-existing beard. It's defo NOT "waist", that's for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this the first Dodwell piece not to make it to Morrissey Central?

This woman in plain and simple is a Morrissey boot licker, all those song are complete trash, the woman must be deaf in some sort of level.

The Lady is a Double D, deaf and dumb all rolled into one. Pay no attention to that hag because she’s just on her rag. She’s in error because nobody cares about Morrissey’s later shit work.

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom