Fiona Dodwell: "Eight Tracks That Prove Morrissey Is As Great As He’s Ever Been" (June 23, 2021)

1_WE-wCbkOH4b4KLi1i629yw.jpeg

Regards,
FWD.

I honestly don't care about the quality of her writing Peter.
It's one fan naming some Morrissey songs they like. That's it.
Just ignore her and move on if it upsets you so much.
Yes, but you said hate. I don't see hate, just critique of her writing. Maybe you see hate where others don't. And she doesn't upset me, it's simply despair that this is what it's come to - a 6th-form blogger sent out to defend his honour.

I know what I said and I think it's fair to say a lot of people have hated her latest article.
Anyway Peter I have to go. The real world beckons. Glad you are keeping well.

Dodwell sucking up to Morrissey gets old, but I'm trying to see the funny side.
People on here responding to it and critiquing it the same way (every time) gets old too. If you ignore something it'll go away eventually. But the simpletons on here give her life.

Same people triggered literally every time FD writes something; I've just searched back through some FD-related threads & the usual nut-jobs are on it every time voicing their displeasure. It's really laughable to watch the rage some people whip themselves into over some article.
If you don't like her, don't read her stuff.

To be fair, before seeing his Mastermind clip on YouTube, I assumed Skinny was a thick 15 year old. When I thought he was a stupid kid, I simply dismissed his daily waffle as immaturity, but once I discovered he was actually a middle-aged man, I felt genuine concern for his mental well-being.
The concern should be directed towards his poor wife. Imagine actively seeking out material that'll eventually bring on an aneurysm, instead of spending quality time with a person that's fertilised your seed and tolerates your mental health issues.

I have always heard the word "face" never even thought of it possibly being "waist" - however, on seeing that article I googled the lyrics before posting and it said "face"
When it comes to lyric sites that can be googled, I am often surprised how inaccurate they are, and, even worse, that these sites often copy each other's content unreflectingly. I sometimes hear "faith" instead of "face". Keeping in mind that the song is called "Home is a Questions Mark", and "faith" being somehow the opposite of that, this could probably open up some new perspective on the song as well.

When it comes to lyric sites that can be googled, I am often surprised how inaccurate they are, and, even worse, that these sites often copy each other's content unreflectingly.

That's very true. It does say 'face' in the lyrics printed in the CD booklet though.

Yes, but you said hate. I don't see hate, just critique of her writing. Maybe you see hate where others don't. And she doesn't upset me, it's simply despair that this is what it's come to - a 6th-form blogger sent out to defend his honour.
(n)
FFS everybody knows you hate her, you start conducting
an operetta every time she posts. and all your echoes, surface, radish, BGV, etc
🇭🇷>:hammer:

I usually like Fiona's writings on Morrissey and I see her as a fan and not a music journalist.

I like the tracks she selected and agree with her that Moz is as great as he's ever been, even though there are many great songs that could have been put into perspective in the article.

There is one thing I didn't like in her article this time, which is the uncalled for attack at B. Springsteen. I think Morrissey is great and doesn't need that kind of unelegant comparison being made in his name.

BTW, I'm not a B. Springsteen fan, but I loved the film Blinded by the Light (Music of My Life). :moviecamera:

for when Fiona gets the shove?

No one is gonna give FD ‘the shove’

Who will? The keyboard warriors here on solo?! Don’t make me laugh!

This ‘6th-form blogger’ as Uncleskinny called her, is making her voice heard, action is her middle name, while hate is the middle name of the anti-Moz trolls spouting the same boring bullshit everyday on solo.

:cool:

Excellent song selection. Brilliant songs. And to Skinny and everyone else who keep harping on about how the 'buying public' don't actually buy new Moz albums: I do, my best friend does, and plenty of people I know do. AND they love his last three albums as much as older albums.

NOW it suits you to bleat on about album sales, but back in the day you would have been the first to denigrate anyone who valued an albums worth by sales figures and acceptance by the great unwashed. You've proved that people CAN change, but usually for the worst.

Excellent song selection. Brilliant songs. And to Skinny and everyone else who keep harping on about how the 'buying public' don't actually buy new Moz albums: I do, my best friend does, and plenty of people I know do. AND they love his last three albums as much as older albums.

NOW it suits you to bleat on about album sales, but back in the day you would have been the first to denigrate anyone who valued an albums worth by sales figures and acceptance by the great unwashed. You've proved that people CAN change, but usually for the worst.
Well said, mate. Hear hear! :D

Its amazing how a lady can write about the things she enjoys and people hate it SO MUCH. Like, christ alive, please do some self reflection.

Yeah, well you better tell the charts then, MATE, and the guy you're a fan of, because his sales figures are appalling. But you keep giving him your money, I'm sure he likes that.

The concern should be directed towards his poor wife. Imagine actively seeking out material that'll eventually bring on an aneurysm, instead of spending quality time with a person that's fertilised your seed and tolerates your mental health issues.
And the headline on page 23 of the local rag will be:
🎶Skinny’s brain exploded, I know, I know, it’s serious🎶

Yeah, well you better tell the charts then, MATE, and the guy you're a fan of, because his sales figures are appalling. But you keep giving him your money, I'm sure he likes that.
And he gives me great music. I wouldn't expect it for free. But you hate the music and him. As you remind everyone in every one of your posts. Your viewpoint is as unbalanced as the people who think he is infallible.

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom