Fiona Dodwell: "10 Underrated Morrissey Tracks You Need To Hear Today" (November 3, 2020)

10 Underrated Morrissey Tracks You Need To Hear Today

"It’s hard to believe that the man who carved out his niche as the patron saint of the outcast in the 80's is now in his fourth decade of music-making. There’s a lot of internet mythology and needless controversy surrounding Morrissey, but despite this, few would dare to contend the fact that the British music icon has penned more than his fair share of classics.

Whether it’s the garage rock grittiness of his 2009 release Years of Refusal, or the sweeping strings and classical sounding sobriety of Ringleaders of the Tormentors, Morrissey has nailed it again and again both as a lyricist and a vocalist."

Update:
November 4, 2020 - now linked to by Central and using another 'shopped image by Victor Esparza.
0_b65xz8.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Forgive Someone is as good as anything Morrissey has ever recorded. A truly gorgeous track. And that’s from someone presently listening to Perry Como’s version of Ave Maria.
Totally agree; it appeared on my list of masterpieces. Wonderful track.

I've even forgiven GAWNL for amending an earlier post of mine... in her favour.

Wide to receive was off his worst selling album of the 90s, and wasn't a single so very few people in the real world will have heard of it.
As opposed to the millions who can rattle off the lyrics to Trouble Loves Me, arguably his greatest ever track?

Last edited by a moderator:
As opposed to the millions who can rattle off the lyrics to Trouble Loves Me, arguably his greatest ever track?
It's when someone says his worst selling album of whenever, I think they only take UK sales into account, remember Moz is a Worldwide artist...UK Is Not The World 😉

I have it on good authority that Fiona is a paid mouthpiece for Moz.

Best friend on the payroll.

I Love Trouble Loves Me.

I Love Maladjusted (the whole album) more than any other Morrissey album. And I love them all.

Whenever I'm feeling lonely, lost, troubled, sad... what else would I listened to?

Well I've been out in the garden doing some autumn/winter maintenance & felt compelled to listen to WPINOYB (Dlx)...wonderful! ;)

Well I've been out in the garden doing some autumn/winter maintenance & felt compelled to listen to WPINOYB (Dlx)...wonderful! ;)
An absolute solid gold 100% classic album as far as I’m concerned. If I recall rightly, even the NME recognised its brilliance.

I Love Trouble Loves Me.

I Love Maladjusted (the whole album) more than any other Morrissey album. And I love them all.

Whenever I'm feeling lonely, lost, troubled, sad... what else would I listened to?
My favourite too!

I was listening to the vinyl yesterday and was shocked to find that there's a scratch on it, causing the needle to jump the end of Neal Cassady Drops Dead . 😰

Might have to look for another copy.

I was listening to the vinyl yesterday and was shocked to find that there's a scratch on it, causing the needle to jump the end of Neal Cassady Drops Dead . 😰

That's always been my issue with vinyl, while they're beautiful items to own, admire, & play, the risk of damage is so high. Sorry about your loss.

An absolute solid gold 100% classic album as far as I’m concerned. If I recall rightly, even the NME recognised its brilliance.
Any b-side of Maladjusted-circa like This Is Not Your Country is miles and miles and miles above any track of WPINOYB.
WPINOYB is pomp rock; the tunes are uninspired, the production and arrangements are bloated to helium, there ain't one second of grace on that record.

That's always been my issue with vinyl, while they're beautiful items to own, admire, & play, the risk of damage is so high. Sorry about your loss.
I've been listening to vinyl my whole life, inherited my mother's collection and this has literally never happened to me before. I have no idea how that scratch got on the record.

I've been listening to vinyl my whole life, inherited my mother's collection and this has literally never happened to me before. I have no idea how that scratch got on the record.
Some ridiculous prices on Amazon (UK), vinyl WP £54.99 - not sure it's the deluxe though.
Swords on Vinyl £74.99
Quarry £249

Back in the day when I had a turntable, I'm sure there was a little trick whereby you would balance a few coins on the head of the arm to give it a bit of added weight, and that would possibly fix things? Worth a try & nothing to lose I guess. Depends on the depth of the scratch though I would have thought.

Some ridiculous prices on Amazon (UK), vinyl WP £54.99 - not sure it's the deluxe though.
Swords on Vinyl £74.99
Quarry £249
There is no deluxe vinyl of World Peace. I have the CD though.

Amazon is the worst place to get out of print vinyl. Ridiculous prices. Discogs is a more reliable source.

Saw a World Peace one go on Ebay for about £15 the other week, I really wish I would have got that one now 😑

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom