Fiona Dodwell: "10 Underrated Morrissey Tracks You Need To Hear Today" (November 3, 2020)

10 Underrated Morrissey Tracks You Need To Hear Today

"It’s hard to believe that the man who carved out his niche as the patron saint of the outcast in the 80's is now in his fourth decade of music-making. There’s a lot of internet mythology and needless controversy surrounding Morrissey, but despite this, few would dare to contend the fact that the British music icon has penned more than his fair share of classics.

Whether it’s the garage rock grittiness of his 2009 release Years of Refusal, or the sweeping strings and classical sounding sobriety of Ringleaders of the Tormentors, Morrissey has nailed it again and again both as a lyricist and a vocalist."

Update:
November 4, 2020 - now linked to by Central and using another 'shopped image by Victor Esparza.
0_b65xz8.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Forgive Someone is as good as anything Morrissey has ever recorded. A truly gorgeous track. And that’s from someone presently listening to Perry Como’s version of Ave Maria.
i love ave maria,although my version is from the trailer for hitman absolution-attack of the saints,sexiest nuns you will ever see.

Well I've been out in the garden doing some autumn/winter maintenance & felt compelled to listen to WPINOYB (Dlx)...wonderful! ;)
completely agree,dont get where the dislike comes from on here.

i love ave maria,although my version is from the trailer for hitman absolution-attack of the saints,sexiest nuns you will ever see.
I’ve just looked up ‘Hitman Absolution’ as I had no idea what it was. It wouldn’t be something I’d expect to involve Ave Maria.

I’ve just looked up ‘Hitman Absolution’ as I had no idea what it was. It wouldn’t be something I’d expect to involve Ave Maria.
nuns with guns,reminds me of a film thats always on the horror channel,nude nuns with big guns.

Never played symphonies
Changed my plea to guilty
Trouble loves me
Art Hounds
Reader meet author
Nobody loves us
Life is a pigsty
To me you are a work of art
Home is a question mark
You know i couldnt last

Central is so peculiar.

It really is. One of the most hopeless, hapless websites I've ever come across. Such a shame, as Morrissey could have chosen to have a really playful, mysterious online presence but it's just...lumpy and witless.

It really is. One of the most hopeless, hapless websites I've ever come across. Such a shame, as Morrissey could have chosen to have a really playful, mysterious online presence but it's just...lumpy and witless.
It strikes me that it's not a priority for him, it seems to be family run and just a means to get some bits and pieces out there. If you take it back to True To You it was the same, slow updates etc. I totally understand it because Moz doesn't strike me as someone who really cares that much for the internet and isn't prepared to spend much time tinkering with a website.

Jesus H Corbett there is some dross on that list. Dodwell is desperate for Morrissey to bum her.

I'm afraid he might indeed see it as playful and mysterious...

I've been listening to vinyl my whole life, inherited my mother's collection and this has literally never happened to me before. I have no idea how that scratch got on the record.
Place a coin on top of the needle box, this should weight it down and you might have a chance...
It’s in God’s hands now

Imagine, people who rail on about the uselessness of lists devoting so much time to creating lists. Lol!

It strikes me that it's not a priority for him, it seems to be family run and just a means to get some bits and pieces out there. If you take it back to True To You it was the same, slow updates etc. I totally understand it because Moz doesn't strike me as someone who really cares that much for the internet and isn't prepared to spend much time tinkering with a website.
He clearly has given the reigns to his nephew, who in turn has utter lack of vision for the site, ironic considering his alleged artistic background. It really is quite like a teenager's personal blog that has no soul.
It is true about M's internet loathing. It was ironic to see a Mac in his California residence over a decade ago, though.
2bade0673e5a47089bcdfdbd109dc602.jpg

haha what about that mate, the ageing goth type with stringy dyed black hair, of that guy who tried to look like morrissey from the star and garter in the early 2000s, he had a youtube channel selling toys and rating bottled beers (?), I remember him crying at the apollo in manchester cos the bouncers kicked him out haha still comes on here trolling people. what a loser haha

He clearly has given the reigns to his nephew, who in turn has utter lack of vision for the site, ironic considering his alleged artistic background. It really is quite like a teenager's personal blog that has no soul.
It is true about M's internet loathing. It was ironic to see a Mac in his California residence over a decade ago, though.View attachment 65251
Are you Alanis Morissette?

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom