Filter Magazine Interview

Thanks for posting it! :) I was a bit desperate after the Paris vid that I don't find him attractive anymore but that pic is hawt. :horny: He's such a tease - he won't step down.

Forgive my ignorance but, is Filter an American magazine?

Idiot.

So far FILTER mag is the only english (well...amercian respectively)magazine who has so far scored a interview with morrissey this year?Why?
(Excluded the two german interviews(spiegel, rolling stone) and a danish one
which is surprising..
compare that with the amount of interviews he gave for the last albums..
Has he shunned off for now (mostly) the journalists (stepped back off giving interviews for this one after his bad experiences recently with two Uk mags??(probably..cant be the disinterest of the mags..)
But that none of the established mags like the amercan rolling stone , spin
or the Uk ones . Uncut,Q mag, MOJO or newer ones like clash mag got a interview?(are there others ?..)
or non music publications like guardian/observer etc....
or those other non english publications who always had interviews and are on good terms with him with Morrissey like Les Inrockuptibles...I wonder why they didnt get an interview....:confused:

so please share the interview if you buy it ..thnks:)
american mag
http://www.filter-mag.com/index.php?c=about
FAQ
I don't live in the US. Can I still subscribe?
Unfortunately, subscriptions are for US residents only. We cannot ship to other countries at this point.
Filter is currently available on newsstands in the UK, France, Italy, The Netherlands, Japan, Canada, Mexico, South America, Australia, and New Zealand.

Where can I purchase a single copy of Filter Magazine?
Filter Magazine is currently available for sale at Urban Outfitters, Virgin Megastores, Barnes and Noble, Borders, Bookstar, independent music retailers, and select newsstands nationwide.

Last edited:
will be avaiable at the 13 th of february
so anybodywho got it please share then
the cover is very nice
here is a snippet from their website
Morrissey Exclusive #2: The Memoir

In a recent interview with FILTER, Morrissey talked about his music, his life, the new record (Years of Refusal, February 17), and as you will find below, his much-anticipated memoir. Here’s the nugget:

And what about the memoir you're reportedly writing? How does that figure into life's unwieldiness?

Morrissey: If you're 99-and-a-half years old, you can't be sure of what happens next. Certainly, there just seems to be a natural point when it's time to speak. Here is mine.

For the complete interview and cover article, check out the next issue of FILTER, hitting the stands in February.

http://filter-mag.com/index.php?c=mag
http://www.filter-mag.com/index.php?id=18325&c=1

MorrisseygracesthecoverofFilterMaga.jpg

Attachments

• 150.morrisseycover.jpg
    150.morrisseycover.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
The magazine is out, and it's fantastic!
Some of my fave Moz photos ever. Fantastically handsome b&w shot of him holding Shocking Blue 45 "ink Pot." Two color photos of him at Johnny Ramone's grave (at least one of which I think we've seen before). My fave: color photos of him in a grey t-shirt with a decal of a football player on it posing in the back of a food vendor truck that sells produce and chips. The photos all run full page or bigger.
The writer is pretty pretentious, but luckily much of the story is presented in straight q&a form. My favorite bits were when he talks about Jerry Finn's passing, and an evolving philosophy of life. He says he doesn't live anywhere but spends most of his time back in L.A.
I'm sorry, I don't have a scanner!!!
I got mine in NYC, at Gem Spa on 2nd Ave and St. Marks Place in the East Village. Gem Spa also makes a great egg cream.
Enjoy!!

Uggh, yesterday I went to 2 bookstores to find this and turned up empty handed. When I asked the lady at Borders Books AND MUSIC if they carried it, she said it was probably unpacked in the back room but she never offered to go look and see. She just said - try later today. *thanks* I'll make that 30 minute drive again -- sure :mad:

I'm gonna go out in the snow and try B&N in about an hour. Will scan if no one else does it first.

Thanks for trying Julie. I also did today and also came up empty. I did notice that on the few remaining Holiday issues on the stands it says "display THROUGH February 2009." I hope they don't take that literally and make us wait until the very end of the month.

Same story here.:( Went to two different Barnes & Nobles this week and it's not out yet.

Yes, Gem Spa in NYC usually comes through. I may have to trek into Universal News in NYC, they have everything.

I went into my local Borders today to see if I'd be able to get it here. They did indeed have Filter magazine but it was from... November 2008. :squiffy:

I went into my local Borders today to see if I'd be able to get it here. They did indeed have Filter magazine but it was from... November 2008. :squiffy:

they only issue them a few times a year:
the deadline to receive the Winter Issue is January 14 (Winter Issue out February 16)
The deadline to receive the Spring Issue is March 17 (Spring Issue out April 27)
The deadline to receive the Summer Issue is June 1 (Summer Issue out July 6)
The deadline to receive the Fall Issue is August 1 (Fall Issue out September 7)
The deadline to receive the Holiday Issue is October 15 (Holiday Issue out November 23)

Im sure you can order the mag d from them directly..well(?)
more info

foreign magazines well here... you get them at airports(did drive all the way to the airport for the hot press since they dont have it at the main train station anymore-sold out!)
or train stations...but not the filter mag:tears:

Last edited:
they only issue them a few times a year:

Im sure you can order the mag d from them directly..well(?)
more info

foreign magazines well here... you get them at airports(did drive all the way to the airport for the hot press since they dont have it at the main train station anymore-sold out!)
or train stations...but not the filter mag:tears:
Oh! That's slightly better news then! I'll keep checking to see if they have it! If they do I can buy you one too and send it to you if you want?

I checked the site before, they don't post outside US :(

Been all over town and can't find it. :(
But imports are sometimes delayed, so keep your eyes open. It may turn up yet. :)

Someone found a few copies at the Virgin Megastore in NYC (Union Square) and at Gem Spa in the Village.

Universal News in NYC has the old issue. They are usually one of the first.:(

I believe that it will hit Barnes & Noble, Border's etc. just very delayed.

Keep trying, I'm sure it will show up eventually. I'm still looking myself.

Last edited:
Tags
hull=shithole interview steve's not your pet
Back
Top Bottom