Filter Magazine Interview

I bought it yesterday and just sat down to scan it.
I then realized my scanner does not work with Windows Vista for some reason. :crazy:

Well, my intentions were good.

I bought my copy at Borders, they didn't have them out when I went earlier this week, but yesterday they had about five copies sitting on the rack.
:guitar:

"The Quest for Filter Magazine and a Scanner":

you've seen "Excalibur"? Well, it's nothing like that.

:straightface: :)popcorn:) ( -Oh hi Perceval. Nah don't have a scanner, nah.) :)popcorn: )

From the Frink:

3296531704_d877efc081_b.jpg

3296531882_28d42b96bc_b.jpg

3295706525_0b14b64b4b.jpg

I. Love. These. :D :sweet: :love:

I have the crappiest scanner in the world and literally cannot make it scan the article in a legible way, but the pictures aren't too bad. Hopefully someone else with a better scanner can do the text and higher quality scans of the pics.

Also, for anybody who knows nothing about college football (like me), according to my NCAA expert husband: the guy on his shirt is Archie Griffin from Ohio State (I will give myself credit for recognizing the team uniform). He is a player from the '70s, who is the only player ever to have won 2 Heisman trophies. :D

Last edited:
Nice! Thanks for the scans Claudia!
So maybe tomorrow is my lucky day and I'll find a copy of The Filter, too? I've been asking for it for days in Eason and the salesboy knows me already. "No, it's not here yet" he's patiently informed me everytime he sees me :D fingers crossed...

Last edited:
Thank you very much Claudia. Please show us your text-scans,
because often they aren´t as bad as the scans seems to be...
- Joe

Thank you Claudia!!! :0)

I will save you the trouble and take over now.

Here is the text.

Filter1-1.jpg

Filter2-2.jpg

Filter3-1.jpg

Filter5-1.jpg

Filter10-1.jpg

LeftA-1.jpg

Filter8-1.jpg

Last edited:
Sweetness, can you post the name of the photographer please?

Thanks, Sweetness, too!

The ending confused me. Are you not allowed to take pictures at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery? Is that why the rent a cops reared their ugly heads?

Things to ponder:
Is life completely meaningless? Does nothing matter in the end?
On my darkest days it feels this way, but then I think there has to be more, or else why do we yearn for anything more than our lot in life?

Is it best to die by your own hand?
That's such a reoccurring theme w/ him. Hmmmm. I understand the desire to take ultimate control of one's life. To not want to end up trapped in a physically immobile body, or to escape intense mental anguish. But the devastation to those left behind.... The finality, the lack of hope. I dunno.

On that cheery note, I'm off to celebrate my dad's 60th birthday! :o

Thanks, Sweetness, too!

The ending confused me. Are you not allowed to take pictures at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery? Is that why the rent a cops reared their ugly heads?

Most parks and semi-public spaces require photographers to have a paid permit. I think it's to prevent them being overrun with bridezillas.

Happy birthday to Je Suis Daddy!

3296531704_d877efc081_b.jpg

omg Thanks for the scans Claudia, these are GORGEOUS and I love this one!!!! :love::love:
Running out to look for a copy (again :rolleyes:) today!!!

Thank you sweetness and Claudia for the scans.

With these interviews I sometimes wonder if he's saying how he really feels, or just telling the interviewer what he wants to hear. I thought the article was smart and made insightful observations, but Morrissey's answer that "nothing matters" baffles me. Did he just see the Big Lebowski or something? Is drinking in the sun a bad idea for his brain? I'm so confused.

I mean maybe he's thinking along the lines of "there's no reason to get worked up about stuff in the news," but to say that NOTHING matters is to say that he doesn't matter, and he does. Coupled with the Annne Sexton dignified death thing? Shivers.

I'd like to apologize for this comment and the one above. My mom said I was bitchy and my sister told me to be nice about unrelated-but-related things which is an indication that I was basically a bitch. I am sorry. But really, you shouldn't drink a lot of beer in the sun. Still, I'm very sorry. Hopefully these sincere apologies do bring you closer to your love. :o

Last edited:
thnks very very much sweetness and claudia:thumb:

here is another one from the mag
missing here in this thread
..posted in the frink already today(or yesterday
Here's another. Now why would they stick his face so close to the binding? tsk tsk
filter2.jpg
and this one a few days ago..also from the filter mag right?

Last edited:
if anybody have a spare or see it in a store please contact me..thnks

i emailed the guy from filter mag a while ago and he said
It was out most highly demanded issue and we did not expect to
run out of copies so quickly.
:cool:

Last edited:
Tags
hull=shithole interview steve's not your pet
Back
Top Bottom