Film "Shoplifters of the World, Unite" extras needed (Upstate NY mid Nov.)

44592_44591_53E4CE45-3430-403E-AE1A-C115B6252630.jpeg

“Completely approved” interesting comment.....

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have family in upstate New York. Wonder where they’re filming. I’m not an extra kinda girl, though. Perhaps they still need their Linder?

They are filming in Albany, as soon as next week. It looks like the extras will be used for several days' work. Send in your picture, you never know!

PrimaryWave Management is close to Uncle Steve's management company in Moz Angeles. Fek ye I reckon they must be trying to capture the Smiths days when Uncle Steve left his home in the San Fernando Valley to go to Brittin with Chrissie Hynde to chase his punk rock dream. I reckon Steve doesn't give a shit about the Smiths so they can do what they want not like that B film that those Brits did STEVEN. I me reckon "upstate New Yoouraaaawk" must be as disgusting and miserable looking as Brittin mate inn n n nn n n it din't in n n it.

Speaking of licensing Smiths songs, I just saw the below on Twitter. Did Morrissey's people leave off a few zeros? Johnny's management probably thought it was a joke??

Capture.JPG

They are filming in Albany, as soon as next week. It looks like the extras will be used for several days' work. Send in your picture, you never know!
Thanks, but I think I missed my oppprtunity. I spent too long stitching up my meat dress for the audition. Had the hardest time sourcing enough Tofurkey!

Article regarding filming of the OP film with details of locations and film background:

All signs point to Smiths movie: Crew filming in Albany, Troy.

Excerpt:

"Shoplifters of the World" is being directed by Stephen Kijak, whose website lists this description of the film:

"1987. Denver, Co. One crazy night in the life of four friends reeling from the demise of iconic British band The Smiths, while the local airwaves are hijacked by an impassioned Smiths fan with a gun."

Neither the event coordinator nor the on-site coordinator listed on the Albany permit responded to requests for comment.

Hudson Valley Casting sent out a call for extras on Oct. 9. The posting said a "1980s"-themed film would be shooting in the Albany area during October and November, and requested some actors have a "Rockabilly or Smiths" hairstyle.

Another online posting for upstate-area extras asks "Smiths-obsessed" actors to put "SMITHS VIGIL" in the subject line of their email application. It also says the band has "completely approved" the project. Online music magazine Pitchfork reported in 2016 that Morrissey had signed off on the film.

https://www.timesunion.com/news/amp/All-signs-point-to-Smiths-movie-Crew-filming-in-13346409.php

Regards,
FWD.

Tags
shoplifters movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom