Fifty best shoegaze albums

great collection of albums that i am going to explore. i can't say what i disagree with but i like the concept of shoegaze as a tool for meditative reflection, and to make the audience shut up. ulrich schnauss sounds good, the inventor of electrogaze, and i see that he is also a member of tangerine dream

I like tangerine dream but Id never heard of electro gaze. Wonder how it differs from trance music. I like the idea of a lot of the extremes I coming together to make something interesting. I like noise bands like Glenn branca and I like the way shoegaze takes that chaotic noise textures to make something fragile and pretty and wistful at times out of it. ThI also like the way the concept can move into a lot of music. I remember I saw tool play once, not something a lot of people associate with shoe gaze, on there laterlus tour and Maynard sang in a shadow the whole time while the bassist and guitarist stayed unmoving within a circles being projected on the ground looking down, at there shoes, the whole time. Still heavy but super trancy and shoegaze like and without a pop star element to the performance in the way I think a lot of classic shoe gaze bands tended to want to take there identity out of it. Anyway so know the genre is liked here so I just thought I'd post it on a whim

Never really got into this stuff but Boo Radleys and Lush wouldn't be in the shoegaze categorie for me. Loved Pale Saints and Curve.

Never really got into this stuff but Boo Radleys and Lush wouldn't be in the shoegaze categorie for me. Loved Pale Saints and Curve.

Early boo Ridleys I would definitely add. Ichabod and everything's alright forever sound really influenced and a lot like some shoegaze. They were like a band that evolved from shoe gaze into Britton. Don't listen to lush myself

Early boo Ridleys I would definitely add. Ichabod and everything's alright forever sound really influenced and a lot like some shoegaze. They were like a band that evolved from shoe gaze into Britton. Don't listen to lush myself

Sorry that's meant to say Britpop but my auto correct didn't like it and ima lazy with the proof readins

Back
Top Bottom