Fifteen minutes with Clive Langer, producer and co-writer with Morrissey - Julie Hamill

Thanks for posting.

What a charming man.
Still love 'Kill Uncle', always have, always will. Can't help it; it's like a first-timer, pallid-little-runt-of-the-litter type thing.

And Johnny liked 'Ouija Board'. Interesting.

Say what you want about the Bona Drag/Kill Uncle period, but that's the Morrissey I still default to in my head. I guess Langer had a pretty heavy hand in that part of his life and career. They probably could have done some pretty interesting stuff together if they'd persisted...not that I bemoan the Ronson/Whyte era.

I think Morrissey's biggest problem back then was a lack of confidence. I wish that the super-cocky Morrissey of 2013 could work with the writers and producers that helped the uber-British, soft-spoken, slightly unsure-footed Morrissey of 1990. That would be cool.

I think Morrissey's biggest problem back then was a lack of confidence. I wish that the super-cocky Morrissey of 2013 could work with the writers and producers that helped the uber-British, soft-spoken, slightly unsure-footed Morrissey of 1990. That would be cool.

Very interesting and insightful thought!

Don't know how she manages to get em, but i'm glad she does.

The weird thing about most of the interviews thus far is that Moz keeps zero contact with these people since he worked with them last (some for more than 20 years), and yet when she asks if they would write another song for him they say yes, they would love to! WTF?

Love all the little details that she brings out. Thanks for posting Uncleskinny.
Skylarker, I think you just hit a homerun with your bash-up idea ! To bad Moz would nix it .

Say what you want about the Bona Drag/Kill Uncle period, but that's the Morrissey I still default to in my head. I guess Langer had a pretty heavy hand in that part of his life and career. They probably could have done some pretty interesting stuff together if they'd persisted...not that I bemoan the Ronson/Whyte era.

Amen!

but for Morrissey who did not known how it would go, with a band, me thinks the succes gave him that special tour.time, it went huge in the USA
they had to stop it, to dangerous [read Morrissey- shot, last pages with some commens]

so with Arsenal tour he got a bit of who can beat me, well the eNeMEy did, and a few more reasons about
3 people dying [Mick Ronson, Nigel Thomas, Tim P. , his clipmaker in solodays, look at Hulmerist]

Last edited:
Many Thanks! Clive's sense of style is brilliant. Viva ''Kill Uncle''!

I'm sorry to disagree but Kill Uncle is Morrissey's worst record by far. The songs are not bad but the production is absolutely dreadful.

Your're quite right Skylarker. From reading these interviews Morrissey had some genuine friends around him during this period. Friends who could sense his talent, yet kept him very protected from the media, crictism and the big bad world of the music industry. Clive, Andrew Parsi, and Spencer haven't really said a bad word against him. They liked Morrissey for who he was and all they wanted to do was write great music with him.

"Sing Your Life" is an gem of a little pop single. Perhaps a little bit rinky-tinky, but the rockabilly elements are there. I love that song from this period. Morrissey would most likely disagree.

Your're quite right Skylarker. From reading these interviews Morrissey had some genuine friends around him during this period. Friends who could sense his talent, yet kept him very protected from the media, crictism and the big bad world of the music industry. Clive, Andrew Parsi, and Spencer haven't really said a bad word against him. They liked Morrissey for who he was and all they wanted to do was write great music with him.

"Sing Your Life" is an gem of a little pop single. Perhaps a little bit rinky-tinky, but the rockabilly elements are there. I love that song from this period. Morrissey would most likely disagree.

Your both spot on to be fair, well done, one apple to each of you !!

Yes Morrissey has SHIT on many many very decent people in his solo career apart from one man !! . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Step forward Mr Boz Boorer the one person
who refuses to throw in the towel !

This man will . . . . . . . . .!

Go veggie
Wear any T-shirt you tell him to
Dump his bandmates
Pose almost naked
Dress as a woman in a dress of his masters choice
Navigate the globe playing the same old songs over and over and over and over and over and over and over 'This story is old but it goes on'
Never say a bad word about his owner
Be happy to go through the motions
Insist on playing these really tough songs with a fractured arm
Churn out and mash up any old tune

Have I missed anything out ?

You have actually!

He plays solo gigs and performs Morrissey songs! Even though Morrissey isn't there.

I think he did "Now My Heart Is Full" when I saw him in Manchester a few years back.

Your both spot on to be fair, well done, one apple to each of you !!

Yes Morrissey has SHIT on many many very decent people in his solo career apart from one man !! . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Step forward Mr Boz Boorer the one person
who refuses to throw in the towel !

This man will . . . . . . . . .!

Go veggie
Wear any T-shirt you tell him to
Dump his bandmates
Pose almost naked
Dress as a woman in a dress of his masters choice
Navigate the globe playing the same old songs over and over and over and over and over and over and over 'This story is old but it goes on'
Never say a bad word about his owner
Be happy to go through the motions
Insist on playing these really tough songs with a fractured arm
Churn out and mash up any old tune

Have I missed anything out ?

Back
Top Bottom