Festival advice

GirlAfraid23

Going to glastonbury festival at the end of the month and it is my first festival ever...talk about jumping in at the deep end! Does anyone have any advice?

I don't know how much alcohol to bring for example and what kinds of food to bring? Obviously I will buy food there but I don't have endless supplies of money :(

My highlight will be seeing Johnny Marr playing guitar in the flesh...even if it is with the cribs!

Thanks! :)

my suggestion would be to bring the amount of food and alcohol you're likely to want.

as for what kind of food you should bring, i would suggest something you enjoy eating.

my suggestion would be to bring the amount of food and alcohol you're likely to want.

as for what kind of food you should bring, i would suggest something you enjoy eating.

These are wise words! I will take them on board...:p

I just meant in general really, not being dumb or anything :blushing:

Dry shampoo
Wet wipes (come in handy when the toilets really start to stink- you can shove one up your nose when you spend a penny)
Toilet rolls
Disposable cutlery/paper plates
Crisps
Sleeping bag
Tent
Wellies
Vodka (etc)
Torch
Bum bag
Suncream
Clean undies

That's all you'll need really!

This was funny. :D

Bring something to sit your butt on. A little tarp maybe, something waterproof.

Pack a hotel.

My thoughts too!

The lack of nearby 4 Star Hotels, rules out Glastonbury for me ;) That and the fact that it's Ascot for middle class kids :straightface:

drink enough:
in germany ( i dont know how it work in the UK*)
you are not allowed to take bottles either plastic(not sure if water pastic bootles are allowed- i only see people with tetra packs i.e. drink)carton nor glass inside the festival area so instead paying tons of money lots of people take the
1,5 drink carton of juice( and later refill it with water), put weather proof duct tape on it (first pic)
so you dont have to hold it but carry it like a bag
of course you can buy a bag for that like in the 2nd pic but the tape thing works too. and is cheaper
if you stay in the front waiting for hours for a particular band take some dextrose to avoid low blood pressure
sun-gel(preferablw ithout preservative cause they can otften trigger a allergy,
a hat in bright colours (as black as you know heatens up quicker)
i once did get a sunstroke on my festival experience (hurricane-very good festival btw)
rain coat, rubber boots,umbrella(well the latter thing doesnt make you exactly popular for the people behind you haha
it could get muddy .even if the sun is glowing like in the third pic;) :D
some first aid stuff for things like diarrhia ,pain, sth for blisters, for insect bite, after sun lotions products for sunburn etc
http://firstaid.webmd.com/sunburn-treatment
do not use petroleum jelly—or products containing petrolatum—or butter on the sunburn. These can worsen symptoms, and slow or prevent the healing process.

warm sweters for the night
toilet paper,-deodorant-well it will get dirty anyway so a deodorant is enough for a weekend;)

if carton drinks are allowed in the uk like in germany to take in-well i would check the festival site -but lots of people do this-so i think thats okay in the uk too
p.s i checked the festival site and according to them there are standpipes scattered around the festival around where you could refill your carton with (hopefully?)free water.
http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/advice/drink
i think you can take your food in too/bread etc-if a backpag is too unwiedly then a belt pouch but i know -thats not exactly the hippest thing to wear haha:D
attention: cheese slices can shrink at hot weather-

make sure your tent is sprayed with waterproof impragniate spray-and take it with you/bring an extra tarpaulin with you just in case(or cheaper put garbage bags with weatherproof duct tape on it

ear plugs for the night

Last edited:
Pack a hotel.

^^^ couldn't agree more.
Don't drink anything unless it is something to dehydrate you - you'll not want to be using their toilets. In fact, if i were you, i'd burgle my local hospital and take a couple of pairs of disposable nappies for adults - just to avoid having to use their toilets.

Don't go near anyone throwing 'liquids' around (look at the length of the beer queue and the toilet queue - you really don't think folk are throwing beer?).

I couldn't go to one of these again - the filth plus loads of crap bands just to see a few really good bands... doesn't add up for me... but i really hope you enjoy yourself:thumb:

PS: I REALLY do hope you enjoy yourself - just ignore me, i usually hold back the crazy on here... i have issues with unhygienic situations... even sweaty bodies bumping into me at gigs:sick: makes me want to run screaming to the nearest bath to plunge myself into the lovely cleansing water!:eek:

^^^ couldn't agree more.
Don't drink anything unless it is something to dehydrate you - you'll not want to be using their toilets. In fact, if i were you, i'd burgle my local hospital and take a couple of pairs of disposable nappies for adults - just to avoid having to use their toilets.

Don't go near anyone throwing 'liquids' around (look at the length of the beer queue and the toilet queue - you really don't think folk are throwing beer?).

I couldn't go to one of these again - the filth plus loads of crap bands just to see a few really good bands... doesn't add up for me... but i really hope you enjoy yourself:thumb:

PS: I REALLY do hope you enjoy yourself - just ignore me, i usually hold back the crazy on here... i have issues with unhygienic situations... even sweaty bodies bumping into me at gigs:sick: makes me want to run screaming to the nearest bath to plunge myself into the lovely cleansing water!:eek:

:thumb:Crystal Geezer likes this.

I live on alcohol, cereal bars and Pot Noodle at festivals; but all in moderation, because I'm sure that the combination of those in excess would not be pretty. It's whatever you're into, and how much money you have at the end of the day. Warm clothes are a big one and a super-strong tent, and good weather makes all the difference in the world.
I don't know what Glastonbury is like, but most festivals I have been to are full of thieving b******s! Two gentlemen once attempted to steal items from our tent in the middle of the night, while we sat inside with a torch. :squiffy: Just be careful and you should be fine.

I live on alcohol, cereal bars and Pot Noodle at festivals; but all in moderation, because I'm sure that the combination of those in excess would not be pretty. It's whatever you're into, and how much money you have at the end of the day. Warm clothes are a big one and a super-strong tent, and good weather makes all the difference in the world.
I don't know what Glastonbury is like, but most festivals I have been to are full of thieving b******s! Two gentlemen once attempted to steal items from our tent in the middle of the night, while we sat inside with a torch. :squiffy: Just be careful and you should be fine.

Pot noodle - now that's a god idea... any excuse for a bombay bad boy... how do you heat/prepare it though?:confused:

Back
Top Bottom