Fender Johnny Marr Jaguar Signature Guitar

I don't play guitar and don't understand what most of the description means... but that is achingly beautiful...

johnnymarr_jaguar_hmpg_img.jpgjohnnymarr_jaguar_th_06.jpgjohnnymarr_jaguar_th_09.jpg

Dave

I wish fender would annouce the price although if it anything like my previous experince in getting information on this they won't even know of it's existence.

I spoke to fender uk 6 months ago trying to find information and they denied the guitar was being planned. Good to see that it is here and I'm hoping it isn't too expensive, if it is under a grand then i will have one.

Apologies for answering my own questions but it looks like the price is £1477 and it will be available end of Feb / early March.

Apologies for answering my own questions but it looks like the price is £1477 and it will be available end of Feb / early March.

On the Dolphin Music website it states that it is available for pre-order at £1940...I can't find a price elsewhere, so I'm hoping you're correct. The price you have seems much more in line with other Sig series/Jags I would have thought. I already have a white Fender Jaguar with a scratchplate like Johnny's, but I must confess after watching the video I'm very tempted to save for one!

Gods Nods! Is there a universe in which I am in a position to fork out up 2 grand for an axe?
I guess I'll have to stick to my cheap fender strat copy.

On the Dolphin Music website it states that it is available for pre-order at £1940...I can't find a price elsewhere, so I'm hoping you're correct. The price you have seems much more in line with other Sig series/Jags I would have thought. I already have a white Fender Jaguar with a scratchplate like Johnny's, but I must confess after watching the video I'm very tempted to save for one!

I spoke to someone at www.gak.co.uk, he was pretty sure regarding the price but less so about availability. He also mentioned that they will be limited in numbers so they might not be a bad investment.

By the way, I am guessing by your username that you are local to Castleford - my home town.

I spoke to someone at www.gak.co.uk, he was pretty sure regarding the price but less so about availability. He also mentioned that they will be limited in numbers so they might not be a bad investment.

By the way, I am guessing by your username that you are local to Castleford - my home town.

Interesting...I think I will be trying to get a hold of one then!

I am indeed, for my sins. I did wonder if it would register with anyone outside of the town or the rugby league fraternity. I've moved slightly over to Pontefract, while flitting between there and Manchester for work these days...

I am indeed, for my sins. I did wonder if it would register with anyone outside of the town or the rugby league fraternity. I've moved slightly over to Pontefract, while flitting between there and Manchester for work these days...

Snap! Well, Uni not work, but you get the point :)

So you went all posh and moved to Ponte?

Keep it quiet but me too but I was born and raised in Glasshoughton until I was 25 so I'll always be a Cas lad!

So you went all posh and moved to Ponte?

Keep it quiet but me too but I was born and raised in Glasshoughton until I was 25 so I'll always be a Cas lad!

Ponte is not posh :lbf: I can't wait to leave!

Why is this more than twice the price of a Jaguar classic?

It is compared to castleford.

War torn parts of Lybia are posh compared to Cas! I spent first 15 years of my life in Glasshoughton, the last 6 have been up in Carleton...but Cas isn't all bad to be fair.
Admittedly I'm suprised at the amount of Moz fans on here who are from Castleford/Ponte etc, as walking the streets I tend not to see too many people of the Morrissey/Smiths fan types (not that I expect bequiffed, hearing aid clad people wondering around, but you get my drift!)

Yeah, I'm in the same boat too Amy, but since my workplace has no relocated from Manchester's Oxford Road over to Salford Quays, I'm unsure whether to head for the city or go nearer to the quays, where certain areas make the worst parts of Cas look nice I guess!

I sincerely hope the price is nearer to the 1400 you mention, that seems more in line with Fender's other range...but here is the link to the guitar. I'm struggling to justify it having spent a similar amount on a Rickenbacker 330 and a Fender Jaguar HH in the last few years, although as you say, the fact it will be a relatively short run must make it have some value for the future...

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/produ...ure-jaguar-electric-guitar-olympic-white.html

War torn parts of Lybia are posh compared to Cas! I spent first 15 years of my life in Glasshoughton, the last 6 have been up in Carleton...but Cas isn't all bad to be fair.
Admittedly I'm suprised at the amount of Moz fans on here who are from Castleford/Ponte etc, as walking the streets I tend not to see too many people of the Morrissey/Smiths fan types (not that I expect bequiffed, hearing aid clad people wondering around, but you get my drift!)

Yeah, I'm in the same boat too Amy, but since my workplace has no relocated from Manchester's Oxford Road over to Salford Quays, I'm unsure whether to head for the city or go nearer to the quays, where certain areas make the worst parts of Cas look nice I guess!

I sincerely hope the price is nearer to the 1400 you mention, that seems more in line with Fender's other range...but here is the link to the guitar. I'm struggling to justify it having spent a similar amount on a Rickenbacker 330 and a Fender Jaguar HH in the last few years, although as you say, the fact it will be a relatively short run must make it have some value for the future...

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/produ...ure-jaguar-electric-guitar-olympic-white.html

I'm guessing you work for the BBC? I know a lot of high rise apartments have been built to support MediaCityUK but I don't know if they'll be value for money, I can't imagine many employees will be desperate to up sticks and move. Worsley is a pretty decent part of Salford though, and only 10 minutes drive from the Quays.

I do indeed work there. Yes, I'm having a look around, and I think Worsley seems as a good a place as any. Having said that, if I do go for the guitar, I may end up with a shiny new guitar and no money for a place to go :p

I do indeed work there. Yes, I'm having a look around, and I think Worsley seems as a good a place as any. Having said that, if I do go for the guitar, I may end up with a shiny new guitar and no money for a place to go :p

Lucky you. I'm trying to get work experience there, with no luck! I finish Uni in June so I'll try again then.

And....well...stand busking outside the Night & Day, I'm sure you'll get some pennies. Johnny calls in himself often enough, so... :D

Lucky you. I'm trying to get work experience there, with no luck! I finish Uni in June so I'll try again then.

And....well...stand busking outside the Night & Day, I'm sure you'll get some pennies. Johnny calls in himself often enough, so... :D

Yes, just keep plugging away and eventually you'll get something- that's what I've done, persistance is the key...it's hard to get, but if you get in and make an impression, you'll be okay!

Sounds like a good plan to me, if you see someone loitering with intent and a guitar, you'll know who it is hehe ;)

If I can chip in (and to keep things off topic) and I'm going to sound like an estate agent... Worsley is ok - it has a nice village feel, doesn't feel like the rest of Salford. But it is remote from Manchester, no Tram and I don't think there is a train station either. If I worked at Media City, I'd be looking for somewhere near to a tram station - which admittedly adds a little to the price, but is worth it for the quality of life - I live in Trafford and the place is crawling with new arrivals from the Beeb. The tram network is extending in 2012 so areas which aren't covered now, will be soon - you will find cheap places on the borders with Oldham (Newton Heath?) which have good buses into Manc, will soon have the tram or is easy to cycle into Manc / Salford Media City.

Good luck

Back on topic - that guitar is beautiful - but £2000... maybe not.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom