Favourite Smiths Song Being Done On The The Current Tour?

Favourite Smiths Song Being Done On The The Current Tour?

• Total voters
I know It's Over (I Want the One I Can't Have and Meat Is Murder second and third). I've never thouht he'd perform again and I was close to tears.

On the other hand I'm a bit disappointed with the current version of There Is A Light. Much less exciting than previous versions of it.

Glad to see some new polls again, thank you. A close one for me, I know its over was beautiful (and easily the best smiths song, period). But I want the one i cant have...such a good, good song and performed perfectly on this tour.

On the other hand I'm a bit disappointed with the current version of There Is A Light. Much less exciting than previous versions of it.

Yeah, it sounds like shit. Seriously. He's found a way to kill every last nerve of his best song.

From what I've seen of the live performances, Moz still has it. I think "I Want the one I Can't Have" is being performed spectacularly, as is "I Know It's Over" and "Meat is Murder".
I'm not digging "This Charming Man", as it loses its brilliance without Johnny Marr.
Oh, "There is a Light that Never Goes Out" sounds okay, too. Not great, but okay. Boring.

Answer: "I want the One I can't have"

Hmmm. You can read the poll 2 ways
1) which of those songs being performed on the current tour is your favourite
for me This Charming Man (as played by the Smiths)
2) which of those songs was best played on the current tour
for me in descending order of goodness
I Want the One I Can't Have
There is a Light ... / I Know It's Over - joint second place
Meat is Murder

He did not play This Charming Man, Panic or Shoplifters in Dublin

"I Want The One I Can't Have"...

I don't even know why he bothers with "I Know It's Over" if he's going to remove lyrics and not even attempt the outro vocals properly. Also, "Meat Is Murder" suffers from those awful lyric changes and the lack of the piano (even though he has a competent keyboardist)...which was the best part of the studio version.

I hadn't noticed that. Which lyrics aren't being sung?

The "Oh, mother" at the beginning, and the "if you're so very entertaining, then why are you on your own tonight?, and "if you're so very good-looking then why do you sleep alone tonight?" lyrics during the middle.

I don't even know why he bothers with "I Know It's Over" if he's going to remove lyrics and not even attempt the outro vocals properly.

I agree, but he's always chopped it up live, even back in '86. Same with The Queen Is Dead. Lots missing from that one, too.

Back
Top Bottom