Favourite Morrissey song to fall asleep to?

ordinaryboy

am i really so strange?
Listening to my iPod before going to sleep the other night I stumbled across 'I'd Love To', and I just found it so ridiculously beautiful, particularly at such a peaceful time as waiting to go to sleep. So I was just wondering which tune you other Moz-soloites reckon would send you to sleep? 'I'd Love To' is now in my top 5... probably :p

any of the softer songs, really. i know it's over, well i wonder, lost, trouble loves me, life is a pigsty, i know it's gonna happen someday, come back to camden, etc. etc.

Yeah, I often find myself doing that actually... so I have to take my headphones out :p

"Seasick, Yet Still Docked", "Well I Wonder", "I Know Very Well How I Got My Name", "The Hand That Rocks The Cradle" and, of course, "Asleep". :)

'I don't go to sleep to dream'

I listen to moz and the smiths all most evry night before i go to sleep:
Asleep
some girls are bigger than others
there is a light that never goes out
Skin Storm
i'd love to
Stretch out and wait
Well i wonder
Trouble love me

Just to name a few, there are many otheres but i can't think of them right now.

stretch out and wait
well i wonder
late night, maudlin street
i know it's over
i won't share you
this night has opened my eyes
asleep
unloveable
asian rut
harsh truth of the camera eye
there's a place in hell for me and my friends(studio vrsn)
Seasick, Yet Still Docked
Ordinary Boys
Hold onto your friends

probably some more that I can't think of.
Great...now I'll probably go home tonight and make a 'Mozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Mix' CD

Last edited:
stretch out and wait
well i wonder
late night, maudlin street
i know it's over
i won't share you
this night has opened my eyes
asleep
unloveable
asian rut
harsh truth of the camera eye
there's a place in hell for me and my friends(studio vrsn)
Seasick, Yet Still Docked
Ordinary Boys
Hold onto your friends

probably some more that I can't think of.
Great...now I'll probably go home tonight and make a 'Mozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Mix' CD

People, you are all amazing. I can't sleep while listening to Moz.... Okay, except when I'm taking a hopelessly long busride from Strasbourg to Frankfurt.... :rolleyes:

People, you are all amazing. I can't sleep while listening to Moz.... Okay, except when I'm taking a hopelessly long busride from Strasbourg to Frankfurt.... :rolleyes:

Well, I don't normally hit play on some Moz before calling it a night...but some of the songs like the tunes that I listed above are so nice and soothing that I could definitely picture just curling up under my blankets, all nice, warm and cozy, and passing out.
As long as there's not a naked man standing laughing in my dreams that is.:eek: That would really bug me out! lol :p

Me three!

Well, I don't normally hit play on some Moz before calling it a night...but some of the songs like the tunes that I listed above are so nice and soothing that I could definitely picture just curling up under my blankets, all nice, warm and cozy, and passing out.
As long as there's not a naked man standing laughing in my dreams that is.:eek: That would really bug me out! lol :p

You're right, some of the tunes really are soothing. But I remember that once I tried to fall asleep listening to Moz (it was at the beginning of this year, when I was still getting acquainted with his music), it came to Late Night Maudlin Street and it was so gorgeous, that it just wound me up totally and I was more awake than ever! It was already the way the song started with Moz reciting "winter coming, winter push on" that broke my heart.... I was lying in the bed, with my heart wanting to jump out of my chest.... Not much sleep I had that night....

As for "the naked man laughing in my dreams", well, THAT never happens to me... :rolleyes:

Me four! I get waaaaay too hyper...:D :D :D

My biggest mistake is listening to a live show before sleeping, because then it's virtually impossible to sleep for at least another half-hour....typical me!

Back
Top Bottom