• Never Again Will I Be A Twin

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • This Song Doesn’t End When It’s Over

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • You’ll Be Gone (live)

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Rose Garden (live)

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way? (live)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Didn’t Know What To Do (live)

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Judy Is A Punk (live)

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters
damn,picked lover which meant I had to leave out rose garden,why cant I have both like M.

I’m shocked LTB has any votes
I liked it upon the first and second listen, but it doesn't really hold up on repeated spins. I guess, if I could, I'd change my vote to "Rose Garden".

I'm surprised that "I Didn’t Know What To Do " got a vote. That, to me, is the most throwaway cover he's ever done.

I'm surprised that "I Didn’t Know What To Do " got a vote. That, to me, is the most throwaway cover he's ever done.
I voted for 'I Didn't Know What to Do' because my mother used to listen to GO'S a lot when I were a lad, and it's no worse than any of the others, which are a fairly lacklustre collection of forgettables.

I liked it upon the first and second listen, but it doesn't really hold up on repeated spins. I guess, if I could, I'd change my vote to "Rose Garden".

Rose Garden is nice - I was actually there at The Ryman when he performed it

I voted for Rose Garden: the only track I really like.

As a long-time Morrissey fan, I must say that I don’t understand why anybody but the most completist obsessive would buy this deluxe edition. The b-sides & leftovers from Low In High School must surely be worse than from any other time in his career? I mean, releasing 5 singles with only live cover versions as b-sides? Most of which are crummy? A clear indication that he has no decent original songs in his back pocket. And if there was any doubt of this, he confirms the fact by releasing these 3 pieces of fluff that he lazily picked from his belly button. Truly awful.

To be fair, though, it should come as no surprise: he could barely scrape together enough decent songs to fill the original album. I find Spent The Day In Bed & Who Will Protect Us....... embarrassingly unlistenable.

I dearly hope California Son is decent, as I’m losing faith in Morrissey’s ability to write his own material.

I voted for Rose Garden: the only track I really like.

As a long-time Morrissey fan, I must say that I don’t understand why anybody but the most completist obsessive would buy this deluxe edition. The b-sides & leftovers from Low In High School must surely be worse than from any other time in his career? I mean, releasing 5 singles with only live cover versions as b-sides? Most of which are crummy? A clear indication that he has no decent original songs in his back pocket. And if there was any doubt of this, he confirms the fact by releasing these 3 pieces of fluff that he lazily picked from his belly button. Truly awful.

To be fair, though, it should come as no surprise: he could barely scrape together enough decent songs to fill the original album. I find Spent The Day In Bed & Who Will Protect Us....... embarrassingly unlistenable.

I dearly hope California Son is decent, as I’m losing faith in Morrissey’s ability to write his own material.

I don’t think he put covers on there because he didn’t have songs, I mean he could have put blue dreamers eyes and to where I’m going on at least one or two instead of just giving them away, and I think the covers album shows he was interested in covers in general. I can’t argue with what you like or don’t like but spent the day in bed was very popular and probably helped the album get attention so I also can’t thinknof that as a mistake. I do enjoy the song as well though I’m not a fan of who will protect us

I don’t think he put covers on there because he didn’t have songs, I mean he could have put blue dreamers eyes and to where I’m going on at least one or two instead of just giving them away, and I think the covers album shows he was interested in covers in general. I can’t argue with what you like or don’t like but spent the day in bed was very popular and probably helped the album get attention so I also can’t thinknof that as a mistake. I do enjoy the song as well though I’m not a fan of who will protect us

I would say he gave those songs away because they just weren’t very good. I mean, he couldn’t even be bothered to finish them properly; those rough guide vocals are embarrassing.

Personally, I’d say the fact that Spent The Day In Bed was successful, is proof that it’s not very good. The keyboard riff is catchy enough, but it’s not much of a song & it features some of Morrissey’s worst lyrics ever.

I would say he gave those songs away because they just weren’t very good. I mean, he couldn’t even be bothered to finish them properly; those rough guide vocals are embarrassing.

Personally, I’d say the fact that Spent The Day In Bed was successful, is proof that it’s not very good. The keyboard riff is catchy enough, but it’s not much of a song & it features some of Morrissey’s worst lyrics ever.

I disagree about the song obviously and you of course can like like what you want but blue dreamers eyes was very popular amongst his fans. The fact that he chose covers over a popular original, a song he probably knew would be popular, I think shows the covers was a diliberate interest and not a matter of having no bsides to put in there place

Back
Top Bottom