Favorite song off 'World Peace Is None Of Your Business'?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date

Favorite song off 'World Peace Is None Of Your Business'?

• World Peace Is None Of Your Business

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Neal Cassady Drops Dead

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I'm Not A Man

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Istanbul

Votes: 13 10.0%
  • Earth Is The Loneliest Planet

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Staircase At The University

Votes: 37 28.5%
  • The Bullfighter Dies

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Kiss Me A Lot

Votes: 16 12.3%
  • Smiler With Knife

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Kick The Bride Down The Aisle

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Mountjoy

Votes: 14 10.8%
  • Oboe Concerto

Votes: 6 4.6%

• Total voters
physicist or actor, both pretenders, which of the two are you.? i personally prefer my cox to be found in deerhunter or atlas sound and no not the movie.

The title song is probably my least favourite lyrically, but vocally it's absolutely wonderful, esp the bit at the end the way he sings 'No more you poor little fool!', it's just so beautiful and even better the way it leads into that beguiling hand clap/Gustavo vocal. It's such a wonderful song, but I just don't care for that particular lyric.
For me, the fact that this is the worst song here (or rather my least favourite) shows just how great an album it is. A real masterpiece.

It's an absolutely bloody splendiferous album, isn't it???
My fave right now is 'Istanbul'.
Such a beautiful, aching, yearning pearl of a song. It's all great, though. Not one single track on the whole album that isn't the bee's lovely knees. Not many Morrissey albums you can say that about, eh? Vauxhall & I is one and, erm.
It's even more incredible when you consider how bad the previous album was and how terrible those few songs previewed a couple of years back.
The King Returns...

It's an absolutely bloody splendiferous album, isn't it???
My fave right now is 'Istanbul'.
Such a beautiful, aching, yearning pearl of a song. It's all great, though. Not one single track on the whole album that isn't the bee's lovely knees. Not many Morrissey albums you can say that about, eh? Vauxhall & I is one and, erm.
It's even more incredible when you consider how bad the previous album was and how terrible those few songs previewed a couple of years back.
The King Returns...

Have a word with yourself, you pilchard.

Have a word with yourself, you pilchard.

That's the way Agharta. Just shit all over someone's enjoyment. It's like the flex of a muscle now isn't it? You probably don't even remember typing this. Now wait around the corner for the next post to pounce on.

I still have to say it's Istanbul. The other songs are great and wonderful and after another few listens maybe I'll change my mind. But the one song I really stopped what I was doing and listened when it came on again was Istanbul.

Yes. Istanbul is by far the best song on this mediocre album.

I take it that many have taken "Favourite" to mean "By far the worst" in that "Neal Cassidy Drops Dead" is leading the poll....

So is 'Kiss Me A Lot' aimed at Major Domo, do you think?
Waft me a lot?
Great song, whatever.

cmon washing machine, get done already so I can how some clothes up b4 heading out!

so it seems that lately I have been listening to a lot of
ScreenShot2014-07-30_zps01437d65.png

Moz :eek: almost to the exclusion of anything else :o
however, it does mean I know which songs I really love off the new album :thumb:
ScreenShot_zps79731cd6.png
so yeah, some separation is staring to occur and while I do have a fondness for "Kiss Me Alot" :blushing:
I think its ridiculously high play count(at least for me) is more a function of my playing it for a few hours straight on the 14th :crazy:
no, I can now say with some confidence that my fave songs are:
Staircase At the University, Art Hounds & Neal Cassady Drops Dead

what about you? have you noticed a change in what tracks you really like since the album came out?
33_zps309c1b2e.gif

*=there are some songs I would give 4 and a half stars, but my version of Itunes does not allow me to do that

Last edited:
Re: cmon washing machine, get done already so I can how some clothes up b4 heading out!

From the 'main' album it is Mountjoy or Istanbul, however it is changing literally every two days which is the sign of a strong album. For the extra tracks it is currently 'Art Hounds' but it could just as easily be any of the others. If this album were a chocolate cake I would be slipping into a diabetic coma due to the massive consumption I've digested in the last fortnight.

Re: cmon washing machine, get done already so I can how some clothes up b4 heading out!

My favourite song on the record keeps changing but I'd say they're all very good songs with "The Bullfighter Dies" and "Earth Is the Loneliest Planet" being a cut below.

I'm kind of undecided on "I'm Not a Man"... I like it but to be honest I ate Beefaroni the other day for the first time or else the first time in years and years and I wouldn't even give that up if it meant I could never hear this song again. I like the Vini Reilly-esque guitar and vocally it's pretty grand and I even kind of like the idea but there's something cosmic that is putting me off the song. It kind of makes me wonder if his mid 90s self was a bit fake in order to impress Jake. Does he now think boxing is barbaric?

I think in our current society it would be more powerful for a non-straight singer like Morrissey to make a song called "I'm Not a Woman" and crush some of the ugly gay stereotypes out there. It's no wonder that people like him have struggled with their sexuality with the way "queers" have been portrayed. Even today watch T.V. and most shows portray the token gay character based on a cliche and a set mould with the same character traits and dumb stereotypes. It's f***ing annoying. I don't think many human beings like to be lumped together just because they have one detail in common. It's absolutely thoughtless and our society has plenty to be ashamed of in this regard. "Oh you're Canadian? You must live in an igloo and drink maple syrup!" Spot on ya f***in' ee-jit...

Anyway enough ranting there bud...

To me the four "sandwich" b-sides are such great songs and it's surprising "Forgive Someone" and "One of Our Own" didn't make the album proper. Those are two of my favourites along with "Julie In the Weeds" and "Drag the River".

If I had to order my top faves:

1. Staircase At the University
2. Istanbul
3. One of Our Own
4. Kiss Me a Lot

But doing this list makes me realize I actually strongly like almost every song which is pretty impressive and speaks to the quality of the record. I feel like I'm leaving songs out of my top four here but in that case I'd have to make a top 16 and what would be the point then really?

Last edited:
he probably does still enjoy boxing but might not think it the measure of man. might also just like boxing as a metaphor as he does seem to like his brutal competition analogies

The more I listen to the b-sides the more I feel that the bread of the said “sandwich” that Derek17 mentions are the strongest tracks (Scandinavia and Art-Hounds). I think those two should’ve found a place on the album. I do not dislike the other 4, but I don’t think they’re better than the tracks that made the LP proper.

The more I listen to the b-sides the more I feel that the bread of the said “sandwich” that Derek17 mentions are the strongest tracks (Scandinavia and Art-Hounds). I think those two should’ve found a place on the album. I do not dislike the other 4, but I don’t think they’re better than the tracks that made the LP proper.

I've been saying this for weeks :), albeit on only three or four threads in three or four posts...but my little 13 track mix to do this, taking out you know what song - it did not work. :ahhh:

Joymount.

It wasn't that, just that, it was my running order. b/t/w/ - finally warmed up to Smiler with Knife.

Back
Top Bottom