Favorite song off 'World Peace Is None Of Your Business'?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date

Favorite song off 'World Peace Is None Of Your Business'?

• World Peace Is None Of Your Business

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Neal Cassady Drops Dead

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I'm Not A Man

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Istanbul

Votes: 13 10.0%
  • Earth Is The Loneliest Planet

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Staircase At The University

Votes: 37 28.5%
  • The Bullfighter Dies

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Kiss Me A Lot

Votes: 16 12.3%
  • Smiler With Knife

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Kick The Bride Down The Aisle

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Mountjoy

Votes: 14 10.8%
  • Oboe Concerto

Votes: 6 4.6%

• Total voters
Julie in the Weeds
Art Hounds
Forgive Someone
One of Our Own.

At various stages I have loved Istanbul, Neil Cassidy Drops Dead, Staircase, Kick The Bride, and Oboe Concerto.

Then I adored Mountjoy. But current and longest lasting favourite is Forgive Someone. The "I would slit my own throat first of all..." is so good. And the final part about the bleachers. Loving it.

At various stages I have loved Istanbul, Neil Cassidy Drops Dead, Staircase, Kick The Bride, and Oboe Concerto.

Then I adored Mountjoy. But current and longest lasting favourite is Forgive Someone. The "I would slit my own throat first of all..." is so good. And the final part about the bleachers. Loving it.

Replace 'Mountjoy' with 'Smiler with Knife' and you'll have saved me from making the same post. :p

Why do people slag off Earth is the Loneliest Planet on here???
It's glorious. Maybe not so much with the lyrics, but musically it's incredible: that break half-way through is just one of the best stretches of music on a Morrissey song: it starts with that beautiful accordion, goes into the Spanish guitar and then those shimmering strings and electric guitars. Those lost sounding female background vocals remind me of something from a Dario Argento soundtrack. It's an astonishing piece!

Why do people slag off Earth is the Loneliest Planet on here???
It's glorious. Maybe not so much with the lyrics, but musically it's incredible: that break half-way through is just one of the best stretches of music on a Morrissey song: it starts with that beautiful accordion, goes into the Spanish guitar and then those shimmering strings and electric guitars. Those lost sounding female background vocals remind me of something from a Dario Argento soundtrack. It's an astonishing piece!

Thank you, I'm also a fan of Earth Is The Loneliest Planet.

agreed and i like the opposites of the lyrics. humane being a term for being kind and exercising your humanity but humans are the only creatures truly capable of evil as i know it. earth is the only inhabited planet i know and because of this its the only one that can truly feel lonely and know it. musics great but i suppose there are those who dont like the "world music" or morrissey doing anything but acoustic jangle with strings dressed in a pin stripe suit. thats my thought

agreed and i like the opposites . humane being a term for being kind and exercising your humanity but humans are the only creatures truly capable of evil as i know it. earth is the only inhabited planet i know and because of this its the only one that can truly feel lonely and know it. musics great but i suppose there are those who dont like the "world music" or morrissey doing anything but acoustic jangle with strings dressed in a pin stripe suit. thats my thought

I asked Professor Brian Cox whether Earth really is the loneliest planet of all and after staring at the sky for a while, he replied "I used to be in D:Ream, you know..."

I absolutely love Forgive Someone!

Agreed and agreed.

Police will stun you with their f***ing stun guns, and yes I've seen it done over trivial matters. They've stun-gunned my brother for crossing over railroad tracks because they are not allowed to be walked on, I guess.

It is a very Morrissey thing to phrase and I delight in hearing it. The talk of laziness in writing, as if every whit need be exercised, is what I find most tiring.

I've never used This before but I am going to use it now. Have I used it correctly?

Okay, Mountjoy is literally making me cry now. The only 00s Morrissey songs that could affect me as much were Come Back To Camden, Dear God Please Help Me and Life is a Pigsty.
The voice. That voice.
In fact, all of Morrissey's vocals on this album are just so affecting and also impressive in their variation and expressiveness, expansiveness, joyous abandon. And the music, the instrumentation, the production: all of it meets - and is driven by - Morrissey's certain lead.

Over the last 10 years I've been gradually becoming less and less of a Morrissey fan as everything he brought out seemed to move or affect me less and less.
This album 'speaks' to me in the same way that The Smiths and early Moz albums did. And yet it stands alone: if this was Morrissey's first album I'd be grabbed by it exactly as I was all those years ago.
Beautiful.

Thank you, Moz. x

You can't write such a heartfelt appraisal and be anonymous. It's just not right :)

Been a while since I've posted (as I finally reset my password) however loving the new album!
After a period of some odd re-releases / compilations etc, this is brilliant!! .. "Staircase at the University" and "Neal Cassady" being my standouts so far...

Splendid

I asked Professor Brian Cox whether Earth really is the loneliest planet of all and after staring at the sky for a while, he replied "I used to be in D:Ream, you know..."

With a bit of work that could turn into a really very slightly amusing anecdotal almost-joke.
Keep trying!

Back
Top Bottom