Favorite song off 'World Peace Is None Of Your Business'?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date

Favorite song off 'World Peace Is None Of Your Business'?

• World Peace Is None Of Your Business

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Neal Cassady Drops Dead

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I'm Not A Man

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Istanbul

Votes: 13 10.0%
  • Earth Is The Loneliest Planet

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Staircase At The University

Votes: 37 28.5%
  • The Bullfighter Dies

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Kiss Me A Lot

Votes: 16 12.3%
  • Smiler With Knife

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Kick The Bride Down The Aisle

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Mountjoy

Votes: 14 10.8%
  • Oboe Concerto

Votes: 6 4.6%

• Total voters
Art-Hound was played live only once in July 2009 at Brixton Academy in London.

Thank you! I am going to seek that out.

Kiss Me A Lot sounds like something the professional dancers would rumba dance to on Strictly Come Dancing. I loves it

Oboe concerto is the song that most personally resonates; too much a truism the older you get. And the rhythm of life section.

Out of the others (which I have listened to less) One of Our Own sounds like a Maladjusted era B-side; ie f***ing excellent "a job half done, isn't done."

Kiss Me A Lot sounds like something the professional dancers would rumba dance to on Strictly Come Dancing. I loves it

I think this could be covered by a mainstream act and they'd have a hit with it! It almost shouldn't work, but somehow it does.

I agree with the posts above, well for now until the real loons arrive.... as someone you all know and respect says above.

WPINOYB is stunning.

But thank god that Havest came in, set up a decent studio and recording session and gave
it to anyone but TV. After that outburst, I am just so glad that this album has not been produced
by TV. Can you just imagine the fallout now if he had. Very childish TV. A totally unprofessional
outburst which has made him look stupid. He is not, but it has made him look sad and old and stupid.

So, for me, for a while now, I am still trying to work out who the "rain coated lover's puny brother" is, which has kept
me entertained whilst reading "the book" and waiting for Boz to weave his magic.

Morrissey has topped it off with the most humbling and truthfull recognition of married life this century: KTBDTI. Just wonderful.
And Istanbul - just sounds like you are there, in the medina, or whatever you want to call it. Oh yes.

Back to reality with a bump,

Hazard
England.

Oh you want a REVIEW? Well why don't you just say so.

Quarter finals, if anyone wants to bet.

Spamalot. Can't pronounce that word there properly but then again, neither could Tim Booth. Lepetimor, yeah, right, whatever.
One of our own, is that a piano, Charlie Brown? Superb, Snoopy.
Bonadrag the river, it's weird and about transvestite swimmers . Nice. Oh, is that a meteorite? Probably not.
Forgive someone. (the song about Peter Hogg, aka the black Pete ). Nice breaks or whatevs is called. Daft lyrics but then, it's the World Cup, what can you do. Sports. Male bonding.
Julie. Quite recreational. lovely beat. Makes me wish I had had more than 3 or 4.
Istanbul. A bit out of our league, but pretty intense. One thing you can say about Turkey, is that it's never dull. Well sometimes. Depends on the tourists.
Mountjoy. Oireland. Nice try.
Art-hounds. for the intro. And nice musical bits or whatevs. No need to yell.

Congrats again for kicking the bride out of the competition by using a highly dubious vocalist.
Someone should be shot for the uni song. Failed to elicit the tiniest smile. Allround crap. As is well known.

And sorry Jobriath, you're not bad, not bad at all but football ain't for sissies, my boy.

oh and yes I saw. How clever. Pffrt. I think that'd be a no from Tom there. Although a yes from Cliff. Always a yes from Cliff. -Which rhymes with...-sigh.

NB: It's not just bad; it's so crap, Neil Hannon is revolving non-stop in his grave.

Craziness: not always a good idea, then. And the Spanish guitar at the end? Can we get any more Costa del Sol-classy or should we all go see the Gypsy Kings in an English pub in Marbella?

I find it bizarre that people are saying that "Art Hounds" was "ruined" when the only comparison is a single, fairly crappy live recording from 3 years ago. I think it sounds great.

I find it bizarre that people are saying that "Art Hounds" was "ruined" when the only comparison is a single, fairly crappy live recording from 3 years ago. I think it sounds great.

It's because we've had three years with it that it's taking some time to adjust to the official version. I'm still in the camp that thinks the live version is better.

I thought this as well. But frankly I didn’t know the song existed until the other day. I knew about the three songs from 2011 or so but for some reason Art Hounds slipped through the cracks for me which is a shame cause it’s the best of the ones from that era.

I love how when Morrissey sings "Kiss me a lot, Kiss me a lot" four times in the chorus, the second time, each time, the backup singer sings "Besame mucho, Besame." Ahhh, it's those little details I lurve.

Same here. People need to adjust their ears.

Back
Top Bottom