Favorite song off 'World Peace Is None Of Your Business'?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date

Favorite song off 'World Peace Is None Of Your Business'?

• World Peace Is None Of Your Business

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Neal Cassady Drops Dead

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I'm Not A Man

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Istanbul

Votes: 13 10.0%
  • Earth Is The Loneliest Planet

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Staircase At The University

Votes: 37 28.5%
  • The Bullfighter Dies

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Kiss Me A Lot

Votes: 16 12.3%
  • Smiler With Knife

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Kick The Bride Down The Aisle

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Mountjoy

Votes: 14 10.8%
  • Oboe Concerto

Votes: 6 4.6%

• Total voters
Joe Chiccarelli produced the debut album for Young The Giant - an album for which Morrissey expressed a huge affinity.

Sh*t. Expect more horrendous animal cruelty backdrop videos when/if he performs "I'm Not a Man". I was hoping he would have dropped "Meat is Murder" from the tour setlist for that very reason.

First listen now, the track "I'm Not A Man" is gonna take some beating...great production and songwriting.

I'm not a man, staircase & art hounds are all tracks i will be burning the repeat button on, can't say the same for any others, not yet anyway. (i agree the production is neat, could say a bit over produced in places, that's chiccarelli for ya, over indulging on the scratchy guitars, (i agree with an earlier post about the crunchy guitar, doesnt float my boat either).

#1 for me so far but is the long drawn out intro really necessary? or am i missing something..

Perhaps someone on here can use their skills and edit it down for us. I have the same issue with 'You were good in your time' I always skip it as soon as Moz finishes singing.

Perhaps someone on here can use their skills and edit it down for us. I have the same issue with 'You were good in your time' I always skip it as soon as Moz finishes singing.

An edited version, you say? One moment...

P.

I voted for Smiler with Knife, but there are quite a few:

World Peace
Istanbul
Staircase
Kiss me a lot
Oboe Concerto

(that's after listening to it about five times)

Last edited:
The Good
Art-Hounds
Istanbul
Staircase
Kick the Bride
One of Our Own

The OK
Neal Cassady
World Peace
Earth is the...
Kiss Me A Lot
Mountjoy
Oboe Concerto
Forgive Someone
Scandinavia
Drag The River
Julie in the Weeds

The Bad
I Am Not A Man
Bullfighter
Smiler With Knife

God, the ling seems not valid anymore, at my end ... anyone?

(I am talking about the album, not I'm not a man (thank you for it))

What does everyone think of Scandinavia? My first impression was that it sounds a bit too busy. Maybe it's because I'm used to listening to the more stripped down in studio version.

Four listens since downloading last night. all 18 tracks. I am going to add Art-Hounds to my list. I also agree that the ending of that song just plain rules! "If you cannot stand this fake world, take my hand”.

edit: I know I’ll probably change my mind but for the sake of voting in the poll I choose “Kiss Me A Lot” because it has been stuck in my head ALL. DAMN. DAY.

Four listens since downloading last night. all 18 tracks. I am going to add Art-Hounds to my list. I also agree that the ending of that song just plain rules! "If you cannot stand this fake world, take my hand”.

I love that lyric too. It's interesting how he changed it from "if you cannot stand the real world" which he sang in the live version.

I love that lyric too. It's interesting how he changed it from "if you cannot stand the real world" which he sang in the live version.

How long has he been doing this one live? I’ve never caught a show where he did it, unfortunately. I remember a few years ago when a couple new songs surfaced online: People Are The Same Everywhere, Action Is My Middlename and....I forget the third one.

How long has he been doing this one live? I’ve never caught a show where he did it, unfortunately. I remember a few years ago when a couple new songs surfaced online: People Are The Same Everywhere, Action Is My Middlename and....I forget the third one.

Art-Hounds was played live only once in July 2011 at Brixton Academy in London.

Last edited:

I think he only sang it once. I think it's on YouTube.

Back
Top Bottom