favorite morrissey/smiths lyrics?

its like auden only a little better and little bit more self centered.
this is just my feeling.

you guys dont think its a great song??!!

It is a FANTASTIC song!....but my favourite lyric by far is RUBBER RING in its entirety....and I love the line in A Rush And A Push.... "There's too much caffeine in your blood stream and a lack of real spice in your life"....very personal to me during my seven years as a stay at home Mum! *REACHES FOR THE KETTLE*

Last edited:
"For whether you stay or you stay,
An inbuilt guilt catches up with you,"

In otherwords if you "stay" (be faithful to yer missus) you will always wonder would you have been able to find happiness with someone else and might regret never having tried to be with that "other" person you've always really fancied. = GUILT

If you "Stray" (do the dirt on yer missus), you will feel so guilty for having hurt or betrayed her. = GUILT

So true! Strikes a chord with me. I'm still not married by the way......​

oh, there are SOOO many it's very hard, but I agree with Rubber ring lyrics ( genius) and also There is a light and I looooove Jack the Ripper Lyrics too...:o

some others:

"if you think peace is a common goal that goes to show how litlle you know" - Death of a Disco Dancer

"I Used to dream and I used to Vow,I woudn't dream of it now" - Glamorous Glue

"I Could have been Wild and I could have been free but Nature played this trick on me" - Pretty Girls Make Graves

...ohh...there are so many :)

These things take time,
And I know that I'm
The most inept that ever stepped

There's always someone, somewhere
With a big nose who knows
To trip you up and laugh when you fall

There's ice on the sink where we bathe
So how can you call this a home
When you know it's a grave

Off the top of my head - that'll do for starters

Drinking tea with the tast of the Thames
sullenly on a chair on the pavement,
here you`ll find despair and I,
and here is the very last plea from my heart,
where taxi drivers never stop talking
under slate grey Victorian sky
here you`ll find despair and I
and here I am every last inch of me is yours

Beautiful and divine.:D

Don't talk to me about people who are nice/'cause I have spent my whole life in RUINS because of people who were 'nice' -- Just so honest and so true.

Such a little thing/a gentle tone of kindness/or written words on paper - can you write? -- such a little dig, and a perfect foil to the words right before it

There's more to life than books you know, but not much more -- sort of a personal quote!

Haven't had a dream in a long time/See the life I've had could make a good man turn bad -- so heartbreaking and ohhhh, how much I relate to it.

Most of "Driving Your Girlfriend Home", oddly.

All of "Trouble Loves Me" esp. See the fool I'll be, still running round on the flesh rampage at MY age

I'd post more but I'm just waking up. :)

all of King Leer and this lyric from the Queen is dead "I am the 18th pale desendant of some old queen or other"

I think his best lyric is "Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before". In a way it's an odd song to choose, because it has some quirky, throwaway lines and it's not nearly as epic as "The Queen Is Dead" or tracks like that. It's my favorite because when Morrissey is praised for writing about things in pop music that no one else has written about, they mean songs like this one. To capture a love affair at the moment it dies, but before the self-deceiving and disinterested party backs out, is such a fine observation to make in a pop song, yet he does it with such broad humor. Other Morrissey lyrics are about why he can't find love but without "Stop Me" those songs wouldn't have as much meaning. "Stop me" shows that Morrissey knows what relationships are really like, so when he sings of "emotional air raids" and the hopelessness of empty beds it doesn't sound like cheap melodrama.

(The only other point to make about "Stop Me" is that Johnny, Andy and Mike turn a brutal uppercut into a knockout roundhouse. Morrissey's lyrics don't exist in vacuum...)

"dont blame the sweet and tender hooligan, coz he will never never never never never never never etc etc do it again!"

they're is more, i just cant think of any, for they're is too many

I can`t help quoting u cause everything u say rings true /my all time fav morrissey lyric
belligerent ghouls run manchester schools spineless swines cemented minds sir leads the troops jealious of youth same old suit since 1962/such a amazing lyric.

Back
Top Bottom