Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Tomorrow

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Glamorous Glue

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Seasick Yet Still Docked

Votes: 10 10.8%

• Total voters
I was about to say 'The Youngest Was The Most Loved' as well. There's a lot of great videos not included on this poll.

With lack of better options, I choose 'Tomorrow'. :cool:

Easy. :horny:

My 2nd & 3rd choices, Tomorrow and Playboys

Last edited by a moderator:
1. My Love Life
2. Jesus
3. Sing Your Life

I had to plump for poor old 'Our Frank'...the lonely runt of the litter forevermore...but a beautiful runt nonetheless. I will never tire of John Maybury's chiaroscuro closeups cut with the skinhead 'family' gamboling through South London. Moz hair, blouse, face = perfect.
'November Spawned A Monster' is probably Morrissey's definitive video work though. In the sense that when I watched it for the first time I didn't think of it as in the least bit strange or unusual, or even queer (all senses included). Diaphanous attired Elvis writhing around alone in Death Valley with a band-aid on his nipple and a shiny apple shoved in his loving mouth? Yeah, so what? It's just Morrissey. He's a mythic archetype - that's what they do. It was only when I watched it with other non-fans I realised....different. But I also knew from that point on I had got 'it', and others didn't. And I'm afraid I've been getting it ever since. ;)

I voted for Glamorous Glue only because Morrissey looked gorgeous in it. But aside from that November Spawned a Monster is my favorite. A bit off putting at first, but the song's brilliant and so is the video.

Glamorous Glue. It looks good, professional and he's in his best era in my opinion. Close seconds would be The More You Ignore Me(...) and Tomorrow

I went with Seasick, Yet Still Docked. I just find it moving in its simplicity and beautiful, with the video footage of the family combined with Morrissey's earnest look while singing and looking into the camera - and it is beaurifully shot in black and white.

I'm surprised that Everyday Is Like Sunday has no votes yet. It's one of the better ones and one of the few that actually has some sort of story in it. Is it because there is barely any Moz in the video?

Last edited:
I've been wondering and maybe Kewpie can answer this - Is there a site that has the video credits - at least who all the directors are? It seems like MTV.com would have some sort of database like that but I can't find anything.

Oh this is a hard poll!!! I voted for Suedehead because without that video, I would never have been introduced to Morrissey, so to speak. Thanks to James Dean...

I love all of these, too:

Seasick, Yet Still Docked (I just love the feel of this video. The old days, when life was easy, yet the feeling of being isolated from that now just really gets me when I watch it.)

Dagenham Dave (I'm always trying to work this one out because I can't tell if Morrissey is supposed to be imaginary (walking through life with the main character as he would do with us on a daily basis), or...what.:squiffy:)

Oujia Board, Oujia Board (It just cracks me up...:D)

Sing Your Life (Again, a feel-good video. It lifts me up! Chrissie Hynde looks great, too!)

Certain People I know :)love:)

Pregnant For the Last Time (Great shots of Morrissey and he looks fabulous!)

The More You Ignore Me The Closer I Get (Billie Rose was sooo cute in this! Again, just a fun video :thumb:)

Tomorrow (I love both versions, and it's one of my favorite songs, too)

The Boy Racer :)lbf:)

Alma Matters (I love it when he throws the cereal in her face...)

The Youngest Was The Most Loved (THE SMIRK!!! :horny: Beautifully made, also.)

All You Need Is Me (He looks so happy and fit in this video. His best to date, in my opinion)

I'm throwing My Arms Around Paris (Puppies!!! ;) I'm not fond of the white makeup, but I think it's a cute video!)

Last edited:
I chose We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful. The video is so funny and cute.

I chose We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful. The video is so funny and cute.

A certain boxer rescuer is not very sure about walking backwards in that video. :p

Tags
disappointed
Back
Top Bottom