Favorite bonus track off "World Peace Is None Of Your Business"?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date

Favorite 'World Peace Is None Of Your Business' bonus track?

• Total voters
Well I've only listened to the bonus disc a couple of times but I have to say these songs for me will be growers, not showers.

I liked Drag The River on first listen though. Scandinavia sounds like it belongs on Ringleader. It's completely out of place, even on the bonus disc, let alone the actual album. I prefer the Studio In Sessions version actually.

I hope I end up liking Art-Hounds more than I do upon first listen. It sounds a bit clumsy to me. The first line is kind of um, a bit atrocious. The backing music sounds like Disintegration era Cure. I thought I was going to get a little break from the world music but no, here come the mariachi festival band.

Forgive Someone is one of the weirdest Morrissey songs I've heard in a while. If that's about Marr I'm a monkey's uncle. People want to hear what they want to hear.

Even with only a few listens I can hear why none of these songs are on the actual album. They would not fit at all and it makes me realise just how good an album the 12 songs are. They all just work perfectly together.

Last edited:
Scandinavia is the best of the extras and better than any of the songs on the album.
Art-hounds has been ruined.

Scandinavia is the best of the extras and better than any of the songs on the album.
Art-hounds has been ruined.

I think the total opposite- Scandinavia sounds too overproduced to me, whilst Art-hounds is a hidden gem and one of the best songs on the album. I also like Drag the River and Forgive Someone.

#1 Drag The River
#2 Forgive Someone
#3 Julie In The Weeds
#4 One Of Our Own
#5 Scandinavia
#6 Art-Hounds

This isn't a criticism but Art-Hounds sounds like it belongs on Years Of Refusal. What year was it written anyway? I love YOR!

Last edited:
This should be a no-contest romp for "Drag The River"- it's miles beyond the other tracks. "Art-hounds" is shite and "One Of Our Own" is just horrible. Somewhere along the way Morrissey's audience has morphed into a group of people with the absolute worst taste (which makes some sense since Morrissey's own out-put has gotten steadily worse).

I usually find myself disagreeing with almost everything you say, but I too struggle to understand why people like 'One of Our Own'. "He took the blast, his very last", "He took the lead aimed for my head", "He took the plug and he hit the rug". Musically quite good, but the lyrics make me wince.

I've just finished my first listen-through of the bonus songs, and I can't believe how good they are. I've loved Scandinavia since I heard the original Studio in Session version, and this album version sounds just as good to me. One of Our Own is so good musically, and the lyrics aren't half bad either. Likewise for Julie in the Weeds. They both sound so refreshing compared to YoR and the last few non-album tracks. As for Art Hounds, I've only ever listened to the live version once, to avoid spoiling it for myself... wow! How this didn't make the cut, I will never know. So much better than Earth is the Loneliest Planet and Smiler with a Knife in my opinion.

It should never have been in doubt, but I have to say I'm pretty astounded at the quality/consistency across these 18 tracks. I thought there would be more than just a few duffers, but I was wrong.

1. Art-Hounds
2. Forgive Someone
3. Julie In The Weeds
4. One Of Our Own
5. Drag The River
6. Scandinavia

I adore them all, but Art Hounds is a immense onslaught of everyone giving it all they have and that sets it apart from the rest for me.

I haven't even listened to them yet. I'm doing this weird thing where I want to learn the original album before the bonus tracks which will change the mood of it. I'm just getting used to the original 12 track mood. I loaded it in the computer today, maybe tonight.

I haven't even listened to them yet. I'm doing this weird thing where I want to learn the original album before the bonus tracks which will change the mood of it. I'm just getting used to the original 12 track mood. I loaded it in the computer today, maybe tonight.

I kind of wish I had done that. I have zero impulse control.

I done a similar thing. Only listened to the main album all week then last night I tried the bonus disc for the first time.
Initial impressions were encouraging - of the four I'd never heard there might well be a couple of beauties...

The other day was the first time I listened to it as just a 12 track. It really works. The bonus tracks are cool and I don't have a problem with them at all (love Art-Hounds for example) but it definitely is meant to be a 12 song LP.

I kind of wish I had done that. I have zero impulse control.

I done a similar thing. Only listened to the main album all week then last night I tried the bonus disc for the first time.
Initial impressions were encouraging - of the four I'd never heard there might well be a couple of beauties...

Itunes will smash them together, I can think of no other way to do it other than to wait.

I've studied the 12 tracks extensively. I needed to extend the curriculum. I didn't listen to the album until it was officially released. I deserve a good grade.

The 12 track album is the album. The bonus disc is a bonus disc with 6 extra tracks that should have emerged 2 by 2 via flip sides. The songs belong exactly where they have been placed track list wise.

Last edited:
1. Art-Hounds
2. One of Our Own
3. Drag the River
4. Forgive Someone
5. Julie in the Weeds
6. Scandinavia

Back
Top Bottom