Far Out Magazine: article about Marr & Bragg playing Back To The Old House (Dec 14, 2019)

Marr-Bragg.jpg

Remembering the moment Johnny Marr joined Billy Bragg on stage to play The Smiths’ ‘Back to the Old House’

Excerpt:

"In the wake of a devastating defeat of the left-wing in this week’s general election, it feels appropriate that we go back to another equally dark time when Johnny Marr joined Billy Bragg on stage to perform a cover of The Smiths’ ‘Back To The Old House’.

The event took place at the Manchester Apollo in 1986 and was known as the Red Wedge tour. Fronted by Billy Bragg, whose own 1985 Jobs for Youth tour had been a prototype of sorts for Red Wedge, Paul Weller and The Communards lead singer Jimmy Somerville, got together to put on concert parties and made media appearances all in support of the Labour Party campaign."

The writer needs to check their facts :)
Regards,
FWD.

Chit-chatting with some hack friends about why The Guardian had 2 delusional pro-Corbyn articles even after he'd been wiped out & their understanding is, it's partly youth clicks & contacts, but mostly a 'high-up' being a rabid anti-Brexiteer & anti-Zionist.

The worst Guardian articles about Morrissey start from when they took over, so, I think they really do have it in for him & Anne Marie's just icing. It's Brexit & his supposed Zionism that's damned him.

Winnable back** - but you need to know what you're up against.

**if he can be arsed.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's really easy to denounce capitalism & banking without fixating on one Jewish family or on any Jewish people at all. It's also easy to defend capitalism & banking without accusing anyone of anti-semitism. Corbyn got himself into trouble because he's a crank who believes conspiracy theories.
Who would you like to see as leader of the Labour party now?

Who would you like to see as leader of the Labour party now?

Not sure. I'm sick of them all. Nandy & Stammer are nice, but weak. Burgon would be hilarious. Long-Bailey won't shake off The Cult. Philips & Thornberry can be vile, so they'd be a bigotgate waiting to happen. I'll probably vote for Nandy.

Not sure. I'm sick of them all. Nandy & Stammer are nice, but weak. Burgon would be hilarious. Long-Bailey won't shake off The Cult. Philips & Thornberry can be vile, so they'd be a bigotgate waiting to happen. I'll probably vote for Nandy.
What a bunch of wasters. Not an ounce of charisma or leadership quality between them.

Labour is finished (and kind of deserves to be). Something new is needed.

What a bunch of wasters. Not an ounce of charisma or leadership quality between them.

Labour is finished (and kind of deserves to be). Something new is needed.

Yeah, I agree. Although there's no left-ish mass movement out there (I've not been THAT blind), so Labour's sorry corpse will probably revive when a talented faction gets bored of The Tories & being powerless & takes over. Which is unlikely before 2029 (barring Acts of God**).

**or being sued if the EHRC finds we're institutionally racist. In which case, we might cease to exist.

Last edited by a moderator:
People in glass houses. Bragg made antisemitic statements & was directly promoting Corbyn long after it was obvious that Corbs & his cult had a racism issue.

He's on newsnight, but I can't watch, he has no shame. He should put himself on a sodding t-shirt.

Does yougov pay you extra for having conversations with yourself?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom