FAO Kewpie

I just have one problem with this...
Everyone's entitled to their opinions, fair dos, but all you're all doing is giving out. Maybe if you ask her questions or PM her with your questions? Or petition or something. I don't have a problem with her really, but if you feel that strongly about it...

By the way, I'm just saying, so don't bother giving out to me!:p I actually wouldn't want her to be fired though!

this thread is uneccessary and unpleasant - and ganging up on one person is pretty low

kewpie doesnt deserve this

what 'powers' does she wield that worry you all so much?

have any of you been banned? No. Davidt runs a very liberal moderating policy on this site - you actually have to try very hard to get banned and only confirmed trolls who return with new user names are likely to get themselves banned. You can say pretty much anything and not get banned and thats fair enough.

what about merging threads - usually thats fair enough - inexperienced users often post new threads that have an equivalent elsewhere and its annoying and untidy and makes the site hard to navigate - merging threads is fine and frankly anyone who gets upset about their thread being merged hasnt enough to do

moving threads - the same applies, if your thread is about the tour but you posted in general discussion it needs to go to tour - simple enough

i have said it before, kewpie spends her own time on here keeping the place tidy and she doesnt get any reward for it - just a lot of slagging off which to her credit she doesnt rise to

i have met kewpie - last week briefly at the carpenters - and she seemed very nice. Quiet and maybe shy but she is nice human being and doesnt deserve this.

i met hugh (M23) the same day and he is also a hugely nice chap who i found very likeable and funny but i think this thread is an error of judgement and he should have pmd kewpie privately to discuss these issues which he genuinely feels wronged by.

I think nugz is possibly right about the language thing - i have noticed this a few times - but most of the time you can see what kewpie was trying to say - surely we can be adult about this? I dont think calling nugz a cow was a great choice but without seeing it in context its difficult to know.

Buzzetta - i remember when she called you a silly sausage and frankly you were an idiot to take umbrage with it - in the UK to be called a silly sausage is almost an affectionate way to be referred to - nobody says "you silly sausage" without a smile on their face. Again perhaps language issues but this time with Americans not getting some English senses and tones. My mum calls me a silly sausage for christ sake!! :D

Everyone - please just chill out. This is the best fan forum on the net, lets keep it that way.

I think nugz is possibly right about the language thing - i have noticed this a few times - but most of the time you can see what kewpie was trying to say - surely we can be adult about this? I dont think calling nugz a cow was a great choice but without seeing it in context its difficult to know.

the only problem i have with this is that she doesnt give the same respect when she gets confused. i forget the exact exchange, but a while back bogdana said something to kewpie, jokingly. kewpie didnt understand the reference at all and FLIPPED OUT on her. after a couple people explained what bogdana meant, she never responded on the thread. never apologized, nothing close to the realm of "gosh darnet, silly ol' me!" nothing. i guess if you havent been talked down to by kewpie herself, you dont notice these things. but i notice these things all the time, and 90% of the time i dont say a thing. her having a slight language barrier does not excuse her from being a poo poo head which frankly, she can be. often.

hugh's original post of course was immature, but i think it really brings up a good point. this is not the first thread solely related to kewpie's unfair behavior. that girl from Chile...i forget her name at the moment, also made a thread about Kewpie before. Kewpie is like the George Bush of solo. she has a 27& approval rating.

as far as the user a few posts back who recommended pming kewpie. nope, not gonna work. i've been around here long enough to know that shes just as rude (if not moreso) in pms to people than she is on the forum.

I don't really understand how anyone can truly hate a faceless unknown person on a forum.

The bad side of me (oh yes I do have one) was secretly hoping for a major kick up on this thread today....oh well.

as far as the user a few posts back who recommended pming kewpie. nope, not gonna work. i've been around here long enough to know that shes just as rude (if not moreso) in pms to people than she is on the forum.

ok if pms arent the answer writing a thread like this certainly isnt

its unpleasant and its bullying and it needs to stop

Re: FAO the thread readers here.

Kewpie is just the patsy, in all of this, ok I know she pisses people off, but how many of us can honestly look in the mirror & say that they haven't?
Imho DavidT is the person who is at fault in all of this, I'm sure that most involved in this have pm'd DavidT to be either ignored or fobbed off, I've even had replies from Kewpie on his behalf.
I've come to the conclusion that DavidT prefers the way his site is running because conflict generates more traffic! So the more complaints he gets about Kewpie the more he will want her onboard.
So the bottom line is, well you make up your own minds.

love

Grim

this thread is uneccessary and unpleasant - and ganging up on one person is pretty low

indeed.

kewpie doesnt deserve this

agreed.

i'm looking forward to an answer to this question that doesn't sound/look entirely pathetic.

frankly anyone who gets upset about their thread being merged hasnt enough to do

succinctly put, sir.

i think this thread is an error of judgement

that's a fairly euphemistic way of putting it.

hugh's original post of course was immature

it was bullying and spineless.

Kewpie is like the George Bush of solo. she has a 27& approval rating.

really? as far as i can see she has a handful of critics among more than 1100 active users of the site. it seems, almost always, to be the same few people trotting out the same turgid "criticisms" over & over & over again ad nauseum.

as far as the user a few posts back who recommended pming kewpie. nope, not gonna work.

and yet, as you said, yourself:

this is not the first thread solely related to kewpie's unfair behavior

...from which we can conclude that making threads such as this one are "not gonna work" either, but then the purpose of this thread isn't actually to have kewpie alter the way she moderates the site.

Last edited:
I would like to offer my opinion of her moderation.

I've not made many posts at all, but several of my threads have been moved, merged or messed with, objectively, and by the standards of any forum, incorrectly.

Then there are reposts (which granted, were previously posted, though often some years previous) where she will post the link to the older thread. The trouble is, no one else posted in the earlier thread because she'd done the same there. This is neither a helpful nor polite way to illustrate that your thread is a repost.

My favourite piece of moderation of hers however, was moving a tour related thread of mine to General. On questioning how it was NOT tour related, she replied telling me how many gigs she's been to. I'm not sure whether this was another example of the language barrier though.

I get the impression she'd merge similarly titled but totally unrelated threads without even reading them. Someone geeky might wish to check this via means of a homonym.

This said, at least this thread is still here.

Last edited:
[
Edinburgh:so gay it's almost English.

Care to explain the meaning of that one? I must be stupider than what I thought

I was goinna ask that too! You're not stupid! I totally didn't get that. Please explain!:p

the only problem i have with this is that she doesnt give the same respect when she gets confused. i forget the exact exchange, but a while back bogdana said something to kewpie, jokingly. kewpie didnt understand the reference at all and FLIPPED OUT on her. after a couple people explained what bogdana meant, she never responded on the thread. never apologized, nothing close to the realm of "gosh darnet, silly ol' me!" nothing. i guess if you havent been talked down to by kewpie herself, you dont notice these things. but i notice these things all the time, and 90% of the time i dont say a thing. her having a slight language barrier does not excuse her from being a poo poo head which frankly, she can be. often.

hugh's original post of course was immature, but i think it really brings up a good point. this is not the first thread solely related to kewpie's unfair behavior. that girl from Chile...i forget her name at the moment, also made a thread about Kewpie before. Kewpie is like the George Bush of solo. she has a 27& approval rating.

SECOND time you've made me laugh. Dammit girl stop it! :D (poo poo head)

The message boards have a poll function, remember? Why not set one up for each moderator every 6 months or something. Should they stay or should they go? David T can look at the results and make the final decision.

That aside, mentioning Kewpie's (or anyone's) looks is out of order. Your post reads like it was written in anger. You should've waited a day -- maybe you would've come up with something a lot more convincing instead of sounding like you have a bad case of male PMS.

i'm looking forward to an answer to this question that doesn't sound/look entirely pathetic.

How about outing non-troll users who have more than one username, even though that's entirely acceptable according to the TOS. If memory serves, she was poking into users' IP addresses to find users who had multiple accounts, even though moderators are instructed to do so only when they suspect a troll. (Was that pathetic, HIM?)

And with that, cue another Dave/NRitH flamewar. :rolleyes:

p.s. nugz, when did Kewpie criticize me the other day? I must have missed it.

The message boards have a poll function, remember? Why not set one up for each moderator every 6 months or something. Should they stay or should they go? David T can look at the results and make the final decision.

Not a bad idea.

That aside, mentioning Kewpie's (or anyone's) looks is out of order. Your post reads like it was written in anger. You should've waited a day -- maybe you would've come up with something a lot more convincing instead of sounding like you have a bad case of male PMS.

Heh. Indeed.

BTW: Although there was nothing improper about it and she has every right to her opinion, I found it classless that Kewpie had to post how much she hates Jerry Finn's production talents in the thread about his severe and current hospitalization.

I read that comment and couldn't believe someone, especially a moderator would take a shot at someone who is lying in a hospital bed possibly at death's door. That was totally disrespectful of her.

How about outing non-troll users who have more than one username, even though that's entirely acceptable according to the TOS. If memory serves, she was poking into users' IP addresses to find users who had multiple accounts, even though moderators are instructed to do so only when they suspect a troll. (Was that pathetic, HIM?)

i hope you've been in touch with interpol.

The line was probably busy with Kewpie reporting someone with 2 accounts.

Back
Top Bottom