Back from the grave
Cod this one is for you:

The Cure - Disintegration Tour - 1989.09.19 Atlanta, GA
(Coca-Cola lakewood amphitheatre)

Size: 182 MB
Tracks: 25
Quality: B- Audience Recording

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DESDTGDK

Cod, if your looking for more cure boots, hit me up, Ive got about 60 gigs worth that your welcome to.

BR

Thank's a lot, BR! The only boot I have from that year is Dark Night (12/06/89).
Your work is very much appreciated.

Downloading now. :)

should you want more just let me know. I got a ton of cure stuff from the early 80's and even some demo/early, early cure boots that sound like they were taped on a ghetto blaster, but I know your into the 89-ish years so let me know and Ill post up what I have from that time frame if your interested in it.

BR

Hey, BR, these tracks wouldn't be out floating somewhere among your various "connections", would they? ;)
"Wanted to give you some info on the 3 unreleased tracks from the cure's 2004 album. these were not featured on any version of the album or b-side
releases:

A Boy I Never Knew - AMAZING! Possibly the most honest and mature song Robert has ever written. Lonely Piano, Acoustic Guitar, Light Drums and Sparse String Section. Reminds me of a children's lullaby (which makes sense since he supposedly wrote it for the son he never had) Could be compared to "going nowhere" in tone, but the simple, yet catchy tune reminds me of something from Kiss Me. Overall the track could have easily fit on Disintegration.

Strum - Another song that could have lived on Disintegration (as a b-side probably) although sonicly the track has more in common with Wish-era. The lyrics are very clever and literate in a way that Robert hasn't exhibited since The Top.

Please Come Home - Another song that could have easily lived on the second side of Disintegration. The track seems a little unfinished until the
lead-in to the chorus. Then it really takes off. Jason's tribal drumming, mixed with the monolith keyboards competing with Robert's vocals really
brings me back to 1989. Sends chills and makes you realize the slow undistinguished build-up only sells the song more.

And there you go. Why these tracks never made it onto the album, I have no idea. These, plus the songs available on the vinyl release (TGB, Going
Nowhere, This Morning), easily put the 2004 album up there with Disintegration in my opinion. My favorite band of all time has not lost one ounce of talent or focus over the last 15 years- they've just made a few bad choices in terms of song selections for their albums. Maybe they'll follow their hearts on the next one...."
The lyrics are available here (entry: Aug. 10)

Cod,

Im pretty sure I dont have those 3 tracks. However as you put it, I may have some "connections" I can ask around of. Ill see if any of those chaps have them, and take another look in my stash and see what Ive got. Too bad you dont have soulseek. I have all my cure boots up right now, you could just take as you please if you did.

BR

Well come on up to soulseek and Ill give you a peek.

Dude im a freakin poet.......

Whats your user name? ( YOu can PM that to me so its not public if you like)

BR

Back
Top Bottom