Fabio Lavino IG: Ringleaders photo outtake (April 10, 2020)

#ringleaderandtormentors i still remember the first phone call ...do you know PP Pasolini? The films #mammaroma ? #accattone ? I would like to take photos of my new album inspired by the locations of this films, we spent 2 months together making locations and then photos for the cover of the album and 5 singles, this was for me a great gift , a surprise that job often gives u, and #morrissey , Moz, was always special of immense kindness and complicity with all my staff, and work with them for his videos #photography #art #instagood #music #contrastophotographers

full

He's shared previously (see here for more examples).

33621299345_bf8a4dc5a4_b.jpg

Thanks to @joe frady

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really must say, I cannot emphasize this enough, that I really, really love Not A Dog.

An absolute stellar album.

His best solo effort yet.

Move over Vauxhall, there’s a new king in town!

I agree.
This album has grown on me and it's great.
It's a proud and ambitious work of playful art.
He's a very special artist and man.
He's true and I love that.

I really must say, I cannot emphasize this enough, that I really, really love Not A Dog.

An absolute stellar album.

His best solo effort yet.

Move over Vauxhall, there’s a new king in town!

I was hoping, like every new album, that it would crack the top five and it's got there comfortably, truly great record. After a long hard think, taking out the emotion of Moz making this unexpected masterpiece I've got them lined up like this as of today.

1.Vauxhall
2. IANADOAC
3.Viva Hate
4. Quarry
5. Arsenal

1 & 2 May have swapped places by tomorrow.

Before the world gets carried away, it’s definitely not as good as Vauxhall. Has everyone got their beer headphones on?

Great photos, especially the b/w shot - really interesting composition. I much prefer that to the hammy violinist one they ended up with (speaking as a violinist).
Yeah I'm not a fan of the covers with props. All babies, violins and machine guns need not apply. The Ringleader sleeve would've looked a lot better if he was doing the same action without a violin.

Yeah I'm not a fan of the covers with props. All babies, violins and machine guns need not apply. The Ringleader sleeve would've looked a lot better if he was doing the same action without a violin.

Playing an air violin???
Am I the only one who likes the violin sleeve?
I like these Pasolini inspired photos, but they would not look quite well as the main image of an album.

#ringleaderandtormentors i still remember the first phone call ...do you know PP Pasolini? The films #mammaroma ? #accattone ? I would like to take photos of my new album inspired by the locations of this films, we spent 2 months together making locations and then photos for the cover of the album and 5 singles, this was for me a great gift , a surprise that job often gives u, and #morrissey , Moz, was always special of immense kindness and complicity with all my staff, and work with them for his videos #photography #art #instagood #music #contrastophotographers

full

He's shared previously (see here for more examples).

View attachment 55697
Thanks to @joe frady

Regards,
FWD.

Phoney poses amongst washing line.

He looked pretty good at that point in time. Possibly at his most handsome? The slight grey in the sides of his hair looks good on him. Doesn't work for everyone.

Personally I quite liked the machine gun, and I much preferred the baby image to the actual content on that album. Likewise the motorbike/dog on World Peace. Can we count the mic on Your Arsenal?? I also liked those shots Jake took of him with Fanny the cat sitting on his head. So I'm not averse to the props per se, but the violin just seemed a Prop Too Far. Probably because he's holding it wrong, and it looks really shiny and cheap, so the whole thing seemed a bit tacky. Violin snobbery.

Playing an air violin???
Am I the only one who likes the violin sleeve?
I like these Pasolini inspired photos, but they would not look quite well as the main image of an album.
Yes. You’re the only one. Save for one significant other (possibly).

Personally I quite liked the machine gun, and I much preferred the baby image to the actual content on that album. Likewise the motorbike/dog on World Peace. Can we count the mic on Your Arsenal?? I also liked those shots Jake took of him with Fanny the cat sitting on his head. So I'm not averse to the props per se, but the violin just seemed a Prop Too Far. Probably because he's holding it wrong, and it looks really shiny and cheap, so the whole thing seemed a bit tacky. Violin snobbery.

The question around the intention behind featuring the microphone, on the Your Arsenal sleeve, is what makes it great. It’s not only my favourite Morrissey sleeve art, I thinks it’s the best ever artwork in the history of popular music. It’s fantastic.

The question around the intention behind featuring the microphone, on the Your Arsenal sleeve, is what makes it great. It’s not only my favourite Morrissey sleeve art, I thinks it’s the best ever artwork in the history of popular music. It’s fantastic.
That is true. It's incredibly erotic and very cheeky. I should imagine if it were released these days there would be complaints from some quarter or other.

I second this. It's flawless.
The back cover is the perfect companion picture to the front and I will never forgive the person who decided to change the picture on the back in the re-desiged edition. (Yes, I am aware that person was probably Morrissey.)

I second this. It's flawless.
The back cover is the perfect companion picture to the front and I will never forgive the person who decided to change the picture on the back in the re-desiged edition. (Yes, I am aware that person was probably Morrissey.)
And the font! Leave the f***ing font for Christ’s sake!!!

Phoney poses amongst washing line.

True, but it's somehow the photographer's fault.
Morrissey is actually fantastic when it comes to posing for the camera (he's a good model and he knows how to adopt different postures, gestures, etc)...
But if you are not properly guided, then you don't know what to do.

Just like in a film... Lars Von Trier managed to accomplish the impossible: Nicole Kidman acts perfectly well in his Dogville... As if she was an actress!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom