Extra UK date added - London Palladium 10th March 2018

Via Facebook:
20171106_170931[1].png

This isn't set to share on Facebook - I've repeated the information twice as it is lost in the other thread.

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
This venue is always fun, thanks to the very deep orchestra pit between the stage and the front row, which any would be stage invaders/crowd surfers inevitably fall down. It's always fun to watch them get impaled on music stands.

good venue

I see the poster has been updated to remove Ireland from the UK. Proper!
If he adds a Galway date it would be amazing but I don't think the 3Arena in Dublin has sold out. But... I was talking to a work colleague today and his wife and three friends bought Dublin tickets even though they are casual fans. Makes me think his concerts will sell well if he's attracting non-diehards as well as us psychos.

I think spent has picked up a lot of casual listeners into attending these concerts,the graham Norton show has certainly helped as it was such a good performance.i think this album will sell well.

The 2006 end of UK ROTT tour at this venue is one of my top 10 gigs of all-time. FYI Morrissey at Aston Villa Leisure Centre 1995 and Blackpool Winter Gardens 2004 are the other Morrissey ones that get in that esteemed list

But I don't understand. Brummie and co are saying the tour and the album are a terrible failure - how can they be adding another date? It just doesn't make sense.

But I don't understand. Brummie and co are saying the tour and the album are a terrible failure - how can they be adding another date? It just doesn't make sense.

I can't speak for them, but maybe they'd point out that less than a decade ago he played four dates at the Roundhouse and one at the O2, making an audience of something like 27,000 in London. But now he's doing three dates adding up to an audience of about 9,000.

Not that I care. The O2 is one of the shittest venues I've ever been to anyway.

I can't speak for them, but maybe they'd point out that less than a decade ago he played four dates at the Roundhouse and one at the O2, making an audience of something like 27,000 in London. But now he's doing three dates adding up to an audience of about 9,000.

You forgot about the cancellation of Roundhouse.
Morrissey only managed to play three dates out of five.

Not 27,000 separate people though - loads of folks had tickets to multiple nights ( I had tickets for all 5, but I don't count as 5 separate people)

Please, tell me it is not as good as the RAH or I will have regrets, I have a few.

I'd rank them about the same. Both are very nice, prestige concert halls with interesting interiors. Only real difference is the Palladium is much smaller and more intimate - but that orchestra pit means you are going to struggle to get a handshake, so there's a limit to how close you can get. As long as you don't have a shitty seat miles away at the Royal Albert Hall, it should be good.

Thank you, I'd prefer much smaller and intimate indeed, but I have sold one kidney for the RAH tickets, so I guess it should be fine.

Not quite right there. The Roundhouse and O2 shows were different years. Roundhouse holds 3,300 so four nights is 13,200. The O2 holds 20,000 but didn't sell out by some margin (I bought a ticket from the box office on the night) - probably sold about 17,000.
Ally Pally + Albert Hall = around 15,500. If a the third night sells out that will be 26,000 i.e. unprecedented territory.

Not quite right there. The Roundhouse and O2 shows were different years. Roundhouse holds 3,300 so four nights is 13,200. The O2 holds 20,000 but didn't sell out by some margin (I bought a ticket from the box office on the night) - probably sold about 17,000.
Ally Pally + Albert Hall = around 15,500. If a the third night sells out that will be 26,000 i.e. unprecedented territory.

He played the Roundhouse dates and the O2 in 2008.

In terms of the numbers, we'd be looking at 30,000-33,000 in London that year (depending on whether you are right about the O2 not selling out).

Al Pal is 8,250, Albert Hall 5,200, Palladium 2,250 = 15,700. A bit more than posted above, but only around half the number of tickets sold in 2008.

Last time he played in London, though, it was two dates at the Hammersmith Apollo, which would have added up to about 10,000. So he's not necessarily in terminal decline as a live performer.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom