Exclusive Morrissey interview - Fiona Dodwell via Music-News.com (27 May, 2019)

Last edited by a moderator:
:sleeping:

"the ONLY thing I haven't been blamed for is the Normandy Invasion of 1944. Give them time, I suppose."

I don't think anyone would "blame" him for the liberation of Europe from Nazism.

"the ONLY thing I haven't been blamed for is the Normandy Invasion of 1944. Give them time, I suppose."

I don't think anyone would "blame" him for the liberation of Europe from Nazism.

Give them time. :thumb:

This probably sums up Morrissey's grasp of history. I think he just had the phrase 'Normandy beach landings' ringing around his head, knew it was something or other to do with WWII, conflates it with Nazi invasion of France, and comes up with 'Normandy invasion'. Or something. God knows.

This probably sums up Morrissey's grasp of history. I think he just had the phrase 'Normandy beach landings' ringing around his head, knew it was something or other to do with WWII, conflates it with Nazi invasion of France, and comes up with 'Normandy invasion'. Or something. God knows.

Pretty sure he was saying that he hasn't yet been blamed for all the allied deaths during the Normandy Invasion. Yet!

Great news about the album. A lot of people are going to be very annoyed there's nothing for them to get outraged about. That said, they'll probably find something...

Only the fact he doesnt even know what the Normandy invasion was and he now can only be interviewed by no marks who give him soft questions and blow smoke up his ass. To me this is his lowest point. The fact he now is so witless and maybe senile he gets history wrong and can't be trusted with anything other than a hand picked interviewer. It's shameful. The guy who once could out wit the best of them is now only able up speak to this women. Who just churns out cliche and is clueless
These are trunpian times for Moz for sure

Only the fact he doesnt even know what the Normandy invasion was and he now can only be interviewed by no marks who give him soft questions and blow smoke up his ass. To me this is his lowest point. The fact he now is so witless and maybe senile he gets history wrong and can't be trusted with anything other than a hand picked interviewer. It's shameful. The guy who once could out wit the best of them is now only able up speak to this women. Who just churns out cliche and is clueless

who/what is "trunpian"?
by the way, great interview (and album) by Moz!

Er, the Normandy landings were in 1944.

I wonder if the recent b-sides (Lover-To-Be, Never Again Will I Be A Twin, This Song Doesn't End When It's Over, I Thought You Were Dead) were all taken from the 2017 Low in High-School sessions or from the sessions spawning the unreleased new studio album.

Once again, I called it...

But that isn't what is in the interview,is it?

I predict you will be a twat this time next week.
ooh,wonder if i will be able to quote myself?
But, of course,I won't cause only TWATS do that.

In light of the accusations that are being thrown at him, the ridiculous move to blame him for the Normandy invasion, from his perspective wouldn’t be that surprising.

After. In January, 2019, according to social media clues. CS was recorded in Sept/Oct of 2018.

:thumb:

I guess they struck while the iron was still hot. Hope they drew inspiration from doing those songs on California Sun, and of course went beyond it. Well, one can hope.

Though, January is too far away!

In light of the accusations that are being thrown at him, the ridiculous move to blame him for the Normandy invasion, from his perspective wouldn’t be that surprising.

I honestly don't want to make a big deal if it, but I think he mistakenly referenced the Normandy landings. I think he used it in reference to the claims he has sympathies for the far right.

Maybe he should have said that the only think he hasn't yet been blamed for was the invasion of Poland!.

I honestly don't want to make a big deal if it, but I think he mistakenly referenced the Normandy landings. I think he used it in reference to the claims he has sympathies for the far right.

Maybe he should have said that the only think he hasn't yet been blamed for was the invasion of Poland!.

Or to blame anyone for something that is to most seen as a good thing (the Normandy invasion) is a nonsensical and ridiculous move, just as nonsensical and ridiculous a move to
blame him for things he feels he’s been wrongfully accused of.

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom