Exclusive First Listen: The White Stripes Live

T

therightone

Well before Canada-philia ran rampant in conjunction with the 2010 Winter Olympics, The White Stripes made a point of hitting every single Canadian province during a 2007 tour — which meant touring everywhere from arenas to a bowling alley to a boat. The band's escapades on that tour are preserved in Emmett Malloy's new documentary, appropriately titled Under Great White Northern Lights, which captures the interactions between members Jack and Meg White as they make their way across some of the northernmost expanses of North America.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=124356484

dm43gw.jpg

Saw this in the pictures in Glasgow a couple of weeks ago. Can't recommend it enough. It captures perfectly their relationship with each other and their fans. The concert footage is amazing, I just hope we get to see them again. If not then this is a perfect epitaph :guitar:

I ordered the deluxe box set thingie and it hasn't arrived yet so I've been good and haven't listened to the tracks yet.

I have EXTREMELY high hopes for the documentary. Everyone who has seen it *waves to Scottishblood* loves it.

Slightly larger pic
l_e741b355c3d8428aa15f053b5babd1ab.jpg

Back
Top Bottom