exclamation mark sticker?

despondency

I presume this thread has been posted before but oh well...

Anyway. I Recently bought a CD copy of The Smiths' debut album. The first thing that came to my attention was a round yellow exclamation sticker on the front. Why is it there? What does it mean? Is it some sort of rarity?

As quoted in the 'Collectors Appendix' of Stephane's monumental Passions Just Like Mine website:

"After purchasing the rights to the Smiths catalogue, Warner released two best ofs then in 1993 proceeded with the reissue of all the albums over the territories they controlled. Their 'international' edition was "made by WEA in Germany manufacturing Europe" as the credits state and was sold mostly in Europe, and in some Latin American countries. The design of the various formats was based partly on the original British and American designs. The WEA cds and cassettes were reissued again in 1995 when the "Singles" compilation came out, but these repressings are identical to the 1993 editions, except for a yellow exclamation mark sticker on the front of the case marking them as half-price reissues."

http://passionsjustlikemine.com/

Back
Top Bottom