Even Better New Marr Song...screams Smiths

too cool he should, could get back with Morrissy.all it takes is just one knock.

Morrissey is like John Lennon; high minded lyrics, with good enough music to sell his words, made for the intellect and the heart.

You've obviously not listed to his recent lyrics.
Try these for size.
"Can't get a table for that fat Aunt Mable"
"Tongue against tongue, we've only just begun. Can I interest you in hours of fun?"

Try these for size.
"Tongue against tongue, we've only just begun. Can I interest you in hours of fun?"

Sadly, still more imaginative than half of the new Marr lyrics that have been revealed so far.
Ohhhhh, I feel it. I can see it. I can hear it. Wooooah.

Try these for size.

These lyrics are hilarious! Really awkward and gutteral, you have to take the rough with the smooth with Moz I think it's only like when he said "I have explosive kecks between my legs"

Sadly, still more imaginative than half of the new Marr lyrics that have been revealed so far.
Ohhhhh, I feel it. I can see it. I can hear it. Wooooah.

I do agree but I think you're missing the point, Marr said it was written with a school kid in mind who is just beginning to think about how they can change things. It actually reminds me of another band I love or used to love when they were around 'Ash'. It's just a banging energetic pop song with tame punk undertones. It's not supposed to be deep. I think we are having difficulty here comparing Marr to Morrissey lyrics comparing Marr to Boz, comparing Marr to Tobias. There is no point on all accounts for entirely different reasons. Personally I can't get upstarts out of my head.

Kecks. People outside the UK may not understand, but I do and it's made my day :thumb: We should now get married.

There should be a thread about ambiguous lyrics....

I sometimes get enjoyment when Moz chucks a word away that's a uniquley British or Northern that would make an American brethren have to search on google.

I can't marry you i'm afraid darling, I'm a muslim and I have it arranged in my family to marry my cousin in 8 weeks.

Thanks for the offer though! :thumb:

I sometimes get enjoyment when Moz chucks a word away that's a uniquley British or Northern that would make an American brethren have to search on google.

I can't marry you i'm afraid darling, I'm a muslim and I have it arranged in my family to marry my cousin in 8 weeks.

Thanks for the offer though! :thumb:

Well if it falls through with your cousin, you know where I am.

I'm right here in my kecks

kegs, but I prefer your version by far, definitely

This :lbf: though the image of Morrissey have explosive trousers between his legs is priceless.

I do agree but I think you're missing the point, Marr said it was written with a school kid in mind who is just beginning to think about how they can change things. It actually reminds me of another band I love or used to love when they were around 'Ash'. It's just a banging energetic pop song with tame punk undertones. It's not supposed to be deep. I think we are having difficulty here comparing Marr to Morrissey lyrics comparing Marr to Boz, comparing Marr to Tobias. There is no point on all accounts for entirely different reasons. Personally I can't get upstarts out of my head.

I REALLY think Marr is backtracking with the lyric explanation on that one. He never mentioned that it was written for a school aged child until the latest radio interview. He was saying it was about college demonstrators until now. He changed his explanation because over the course of the past week on his youtube page (which is actually him, not a staff person*), he's been getting a bunch of remarks about how bad and simplistic the lyrics are (and he has since deleted those comments, you can scroll through and see the deleted number yourself when you click on the more comments link).

*On the The Messenger video someone wrote out what they thought were the lyrics, and he wrote back the right ones, and someone posted a video of them playing a cover of the main riff to The Messenger and he responded on their video, saying they got it right.

I REALLY think Marr is backtracking with the lyric explanation on that one. He never mentioned that it was written for a school aged child until the latest radio interview. He was saying it was about college demonstrators until now. He changed his explanation because over the course of the past week on his youtube page (which is actually him, not a staff person*), he's been getting a bunch of remarks about how bad and simplistic the lyrics are (and he has since deleted those comments, you can scroll through and see the deleted number yourself when you click on the more comments link).

*On the The Messenger video someone wrote out what they thought were the lyrics, and he wrote back the right ones, and someone posted a video of them playing a cover of the main riff to The Messenger and he responded on their video, saying they got it right.

He deletes all the critical comments on Facebook too. It's pathetic.

More or less pathetic than whining about it in the press and banning site administrators from concerts?

I don't know if it's pathetic, really; I find it pretty rude of his fans, not him.

The problem with Johnny's fb and youtube, is that the commenters are supposed to be his fanbase. Now, why would you want to say something like that to an idol? It hurts him more than a troll comment, because Johnny knows you are supposed to like his work, it's not like random people are stumbling on his fb and youtube page.

I think the song's not great and I think that much Morrissey's recent output sucks, but I would never say that to their faces, and I definitely never leave a rude comment directly for them. They just wrote a bad song is all, they didn't murder anyone. Let them find out through album sales and critic reviews what the "true" value of what they've done is worth. If you don't wanna suck up, just don't say anything, and downvote them on youtube, and don't go to their shows. They'll either get the message, or like Mozzer, they won't.

I know this is an old (ish) thread but instead of starting my own thought I'd add something to it.

I really think "New Town Velocity" sounds like The Smiths!
It is kind of sad that Morrissey couldn't add vocals to it, Marr's voice isn't great but it isn't terrible either.

Back
Top Bottom