European "festival" tour Summer 2008

Paulc

On holiday by mistake
Well seeing as True-to-you havent been able to post any information and we are getting snippets of rumour and conjecture i thought it might be worth summarising what we know already in one place - feel free to add any more info you might know as well as useful links and travel advice.

June 26th Cork, Marquee, Co Cork, Ireland
June 28th Dublin, Ireland Now confirmed
July 4th Wireless Festival, Hyde Park, London, England
July 18th Benicassim Festival, Valencia, Spain
July 19th Fiber, Madrid, Spain
July 29th Heatwave Festival, Tel Aviv, Israel

I will try to add dates to this post if we hear of anymore.

:guitar:

Last edited:
more dates coming?

anybody? please give some more, it is not good for the globe if a lot of people have to take an airplane so far......
take the map and run to portugal, sziget, neapolis...
sort it out!

patience is a virtue

*sigh*

Morrissey will be 50 next year, he needs to be well-rested for touring.

I expect Years of Refusal tour in 2009.

Re: patience is a virtue

*sigh*

Morrissey will be 50 next year, he needs to be well-rested for touring.

I expect Years of Refusal tour in 2009.

I think that we will see him in concert halls before Christmas? Boz has his new album out in September and will be out and about himself with that for a while. But soon after that I can see the Years of Refusal tour having it's first leg. Question is, where?

Thats my guess?

Re: patience is a virtue

I think that we will see him in concert halls before Christmas? Boz has his new album out in September and will be out and about himself with that for a while. But soon after that I can see the Years of Refusal tour having it's first leg. Question is, where?

Thats my guess?

Yeah that's what i was thinking as well.

unless Moz decides he doesn't want to sell many copies of "Years of Refusal", there will be shows in conjunction with the new album out this autumn.

unless Moz decides he doesn't want to sell many copies of "Years of Refusal", there will be shows in conjunction with the new album out this autumn.

it's a bit of a musical myth, the idea that touring sells albums.
Moz toured ROTT extensively in the UK but, throughout the time, the album disappeared from the chart. huge shows (when a band like U2 play Wembley stadium) make a dent on album sales charts but nothing elese really seems to.

airplay's what sells albums after the initial release buzz. Moz needs brilliant singles with sing-along choruses if he wants the new album to have any commercial longevity.

it's a bit of a musical myth, the idea that touring sells albums.
Moz toured ROTT extensively in the UK but, throughout the time, the album disappeared from the chart. huge shows (when a band like U2 play Wembley stadium) make a dent on album sales charts but nothing elese really seems to.

airplay's what sells albums after the initial release buzz. Moz needs brilliant singles with sing-along choruses if he wants the new album to have any commercial longevity.

It's an odd "tale wagging the dog" scenario these days. Traditionally you toured to flog your album. Because of this, the cost of going to gigs was low (compared to nowadays). The situation now is that the money is made on the tour itself. The album seems to be a bit player in the process? Ticket sales and merchandise is where the money is!

June 26th Cork, Marquee, Co Cork, Ireland
June 28th Luggala, Co. Wicklow, Ireland (This is currently still rumour)
July 4th Wireless Festival, Hyde Park, London, England
July 20th Benicassim Festival, Valencia, Spain!!!!!!!!!!
July 19th Fiber, Madrid, Spain
July 29th Heatwave Festival, Tel Aviv, Israel

I think Morrissey just uses releasing a record as an excuse to do loads of gigs these days.

Here's hoping for another 40 date trawl of the UK like last time.

The summer 2008 tour and setlist; what do you make of it?

Hyde Park was fun and a great choice of songs but ... it all seems a little odd to me (with the new album less than two months away).
  • No news of a big lead-off single.
  • No more new songs revealed live since January despite there being about 10 or so that we haven’t heard.
  • A tiny smattering of summer/festival dates.
Any thoughts/insight?
Let's have a heated debate!

Last edited:
Re: The summer 2008 tour and setlist; what do you make of it?

tis a bit odd - I mentioend the other day that if Years of Refusal is to be released in September, you'd think we'd have a single upcoming in early August.

If you look back to Feb 2006, two months prior to ROTT, we had a full tracklisting and artwork, leaked songs (IWSYIFOP and YHKM,) written descriptions of all the songs from an album preview event for media-types, news on You Have Killed Me's release date, a few US preview dates and a full UK tour announced, and, well, things seemed pretty organized.

This time around, we have nothing of the sort - not even anything on the SG Re-Release, which was mentioned on TTY (an official source last I knew) as dropping on July 7th.

I can only hope Moz's new management company is sorting ALL the above things out and will make some sort of major annoucement in the coming days.

I heard some next bits. I'm not going to lose sleep over him not performing every track from the new album.

What She Said was a superb choice for the encore.

Hyde Park was fun and a great choice of songs but ... it all seems a little odd to me (with the new album less than two months away).
  • No news of a big lead-off single.
  • No more new songs revealed live since January despite there being about 10 or so that we haven’t heard.
  • A tiny smattering of summer/festival dates.
Any thoughts/insight?
Let's have a heated debate!

Hey Mods,
This new thread is mainly about the new album, the lack of news with regard to a new single, the fact that no unknown songs are being played live, there's only two months to go etc.
It should be in the General forum.
Sheesh!

I wish he comes to Argentina again, which means he has to go to Brazil and Chile too so a South American tour again. We have Festivals and concerts by Oct/Nov so who knows, tomorrow on a radio here there is a interview to the guy who contracted him the previous times he was here, so I sent my question, let´s see what he says .

Back
Top Bottom