Esquire UK online article on "Top 5 concert cancellations"

georgejallen

Hi All,

I have a feeling that someone has posted this but perhaps not. I like that there are no clichés in this minuscule write-up, but is rather humorous and probably endearing (probably...). They once featured "You're the one for me, Fatty" as one of the songs not to play when making love, so I think the magazine has a thing for him.

http://www.esquire.co.uk/2010/07/top-five-concert-cancellations/

Just in case you don't want to click the link and read the article, here is the part I'm referring to:

"2. Infamously stubborn – we mean, principled – Morrissey, who once cancelled a gig when he found out the venue was a former abattoir, refused to take his world tour to Canada in 2009 in protest of their annual seal hunting season."

Surely it was much earlier than 09 that he decided not to tour Canada though? Wasn't that during the Ringleaders tour, or possibly earlier?

Ha! My "news" header has been removed; the powers that be have decided against it. I'm afraid I don't know about that, mywar, but you're probably right.

I don't know how this wouldn't be news as much as the Russell Brand "I'm an imbecile that likes The Smiths" thread.

I was just following the fashion! It seems that any mention of Morrissey in the press is "News", so that's how I categorised it. haha :)

And don't bash on Russell Brand! I just noticed what you wrote :)

Tags
cancellations esquire fashion ffs gigs
Back
Top Bottom