Escondido, CA - Center for the Arts (Nov. 22, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Alma Matters / Maladjusted / Black Cloud / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Action Is My Middle Name / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Meat Is Murder / Satellite Of Love / Scandinavia / I Know It's Over / All The Lazy Dykes / Speedway // Still Ill

set list provided by Delaney

Last edited:
Yes. Alma Matters is back. Setlist had some minor shuffles. Shelagh Delany backdrop

Solid show, Moz seemed into it.

Setlist the same as other shows so far, no FOTGD, Alma Matters back.

Couple stage invasion attempts at the end, big gulf between the stage and pit area if you want to call it that.

Church bells for intro, pretty short.

Sparkle v-neck for most of show, black button down for Encore.

Having not seen Moz since Vegas of 2009, he seems totally on his game.

Excited for The Shrine~

Thank you for the review. I appreciate it. I Love Morrissey.

Lots of dialogue between songs....at least 60%+ of them.

Seen Moz a few times and finally get to hear "Fatty, Ouija Board, Meat is Murder, I know it's over and Still ILL." Moz seemed to be in a good mood even said "gracias" a few times after songs. DE NADA! LOL. Set list seemed to be the same. Venue was a first for me. I thought I was going to be way in the back, but turned out to be a very intimate seating arrangement. Meat kinda put everyone in a weird mood with the red lights and PETA video especially with Thanksgiving around the corner. Oh well...enough said....

Fantastic concert. Morrissey was upbeat and engaged with the audience for some moments. Enjoyed my first Morrissey concert, thanks to my husband. Does anyone know how he broke his right index finger?

...Red lights, PETA, Thankskilling err Thanksgiving & MIM put everyone in a weird mood... that was the point.

And yes the bandage on M's finger was from dog bite in Europe earlier this year.

Viva Moz

Seen Moz a few times and finally get to hear "Fatty, Ouija Board, Meat is Murder, I know it's over and Still ILL." Moz seemed to be in a good mood even said "gracias" a few times after songs. DE NADA! LOL. Set list seemed to be the same. Venue was a first for me. I thought I was going to be way in the back, but turned out to be a very intimate seating arrangement. Meat kinda put everyone in a weird mood with the red lights and PETA video especially with Thanksgiving around the corner. Oh well...enough said....

after meat is murder he said the name of that song was "Kentucky Fried Shit"

It was really nice to here Alma Matters for the first time, Malajusted came right after.

Fantastic show. Gotta go to sleep more later. Okay ninight.

The seating was very nice and intimate, even if you were way at the top, in the last row (which I was), you could still see him and enjoy the show without squinting. Morrissey was perfect voice/appearance/presence-wise; I'd say better than the last time I saw him in 2007. "I Know It's Over" was beautiful. I kind of wish he would have talked more just because I enjoy when he talks to the audience, but all in all amazing show. Kristeen Young was also great.

Upon arriving home after enjoying, once again, a wonderful show from Morrissey I began to let the afterglow sink in. The concert didn't disappoint, in fact it was visually and musically brilliant. But I noticed something that I hadn't in previous Moz concerts, and I wonder if others picked up on my observation. Several times during the concert, Moz crossed himself (OK, seen that before), made a reference to the passing of Ms. Delaney (looking upward as to heaven) and prior to the encore suggested "having god with you as there is no one else' (not exact words, but close). In the new song "Scandinavia", Moz writes/sings "...the god that created you...". To what extent is Moz religious, and will these very public displays of Christianity continue to be reflected in his writing? I'm not talking about the references to Jesus and Satan that were used in a satirical way in his older Smiths/Solo catalog of songs, but how his newer repertoire (and behavior) is being displayed now. I'm a huge fan, and have much respect for his talent, political views and vegetarianism. (I share the latter two with him). But as an Atheist, I have to say I've been put off by all the religious inferences. I don't know if he's had a recent "conversion" or has he always been consistent in regard to matters of his faith? If someone has any insight to this issue, I (and perhaps the legion of Moz followers) would love to hear it.

Our 1st show....missed the 1st 2 songs due to ticket fraud- Coast to Coast tickets & Capo Tickets...are FRAUDS !!:mad:.....but, we ended up in the pit :D

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom