Morrissey Central "Erratum" (March 12, 2023)

The Crystal Palace venue looks like the least likely Moz venue in the land. No atmosphere. No interaction with the throng at the front. Leeds looks okay...but that's an awful lot of tickets to sell. It's sad, but it ain't going to happen. As above, it's not 2004. Just play Doncaster Dome again...that was fecking epic! Also giving a shout out to Nottingham Rock City for purely personal logistical reasons. Huge gigs usually disappoint...as my wife readily confirms, small is best.
In a way I hope he doesn’t play Crystal Palace show. Saw The Cure and James there in 1990, one of the hottest days of the year, took feckin ages to get there, then a long long walk, and then, of all things a bloody great pond in front of the stage.
The only highlights was watching all the goths wither and melt in their huge long black coats in the blistering heat.
Give me Brixton every time.

This only makes this whole charade more and more annoying. Where was the rest of the USA leg? Neither BoT or WMTWD out and it's been a month since the "proposed" release of the first one...

all touring is risky,was just reading lewis capaldi has cancelled his whole european tour because he has bronchitis,bet when the tour was first being arranged lewis probably never even knew he had bronchitis.
Can you imagine the outcry on here if it was wor Moz!

Worst of all, I have always considered him to be quite self-aware, so I am utterly convinced he can see and comprehend what he is actually doing. Maybe he isn't as self-aware as I believed...
I think he's the complete opposite. He's surrounded by a core of hired yes-man and sycophantic lickspittles like Sam and Fiona, and has been in that insulated bubble for decades. 'Everythings going great boss - genius move - best song/ album /tour ever!' It's no wonder he thinks the only thing holding him back is some kind of shadowy conspiracy. Who's going to dare to tell him some hard truths, or tell him to get his act together and start acting like a professional? No one.

Without label support or management we're just going to have to get use to this shambolic operation. To be honest, the most helpful thing Morrissey Central could do is be silent - no more half-baked rumour posts about potential shows being announced in a week's time that never materialize - and only publicise stuff when it's 100% confirmed and they know for sure it's going ahead.

lol

He’s turning into the kier starmer of singers. Just make your mind up Morrissey and make a decision ffs!
Whats happening with the leeds gig???

I think he's the complete opposite. He's surrounded by a core of hired yes-man and sycophantic lickspittles like Sam and Fiona, and has been in that insulated bubble for decades. 'Everythings going great boss - genius move - best song/ album /tour ever!' It's no wonder he thinks the only thing holding him back is some kind of shadowy conspiracy. Who's going to dare to tell him some hard truths, or tell him to get his act together and start acting like a professional? No one.

Without label support or management we're just going to have to get use to this shambolic operation. To be honest, the most helpful thing Morrissey Central could do is be silent - no more half-baked rumour posts about potential shows being announced in a week's time that never materialize - and only publicise stuff when it's 100% confirmed and they know for sure it's going ahead.

You could be right about the self-awareness, but I completely concur about being surrounding by yes men, and that doesn't do anyone any good. I thought he would be the type to hate sycophantic behaviour, but when it's towards himself he seems to enjoy it or at least not rebuke anyone for it. I guess it feeds his narcissistic side.

Yup, I'm afraid that looks like the way it's going to be for the foreseeable future. Most artists wouldn't put out a poster with places and dates on unless they were confirmed because, naturally, fans assume that these are finalised. This is going to erode people's trust in Central, if it hasn't already. Now I feel like I have to read every post, especially regarding gig announcements, with scepticism, and that's not a nice feeling to have. You're right; the best thing they can do is wait until things are set in stone before announcing. It gets people's hopes up, and that's not really very fair at all.

It won't put me off going to see him because at present he's the only person I'm interested in hearing live, but it's certainly tough to be a fan. He doesn't make life easy for himself or us.

He’s turning into the kier starmer of singers. Just make your mind up Morrissey and make a decision ffs!
Whats happening with the leeds gig???

Although not explicitly stated, that post implies that Leeds is confirmed or it would have been mentioned too.

Also, I know someone who works for the council and they have said that they were told to pull Fridays ticket sales at short notice without any explanation but that, to their knowledge, the gig was still going ahead.

Although not explicitly stated, that post implies that Leeds is confirmed or it would have been mentioned too.

Also, I know someone who works for the council and they have said that they were told to pull Fridays ticket sales at short notice without any explanation but that, to their knowledge, the gig was still going ahead.
Castlefield bowel 2.0

Does anyone else think he’s not sure about the Crystal Palace Park because he hasn’t sold out Hammersmith? There are still plenty of tickets left for it and they are expensive.
Those tickets are ridiculously overpriced. I'd love to see him next week but I can't justify those prices, especially because I don't want to go alone and would have to drag my partner along again. Plus the prices of transport and drinks at the show. God forbid I wanted a t-shirt because that would put the night over £300. If the setlist was something special I might go for it, but the setlists have been really meh lately in my opinion. Idk why Morrissey insists on alienating his older fans and out-pricing his potential younger ones.

Those tickets are ridiculously overpriced. I'd love to see him next week but I can't justify those prices, especially because I don't want to go alone and would have to drag my partner along again. Plus the prices of transport and drinks at the show. God forbid I wanted a t-shirt because that would put the night over £300. If the setlist was something special I might go for it, but the setlists have been really meh lately in my opinion. Idk why Morrissey insists on alienating his older fans and out-pricing his potential younger ones.
I’m hoping to be at the gig on Sunday but I’m not excited for it at all, never thought I would say that but like you said the set list so has been meh. Im
sure I will enjoy it when I’m there but hope he adds a surprise track for London.

Problem with the set list on this tour so far it’s pretty much leftovers from the last one and if you went last time you don’t want pay all that money to pretty much see it again.

At least he’s took HSIN out of the set list haha!

Gig is in doubt because they can’t get other bands to join the bill. They don’t want tarred by association.

The "if any", while quite hilarious, is really unprofessional. I wonder who's in charge of doing these posts. And of deciding ticket prices as well, since they seem too expensive.

The 'erratum' should have come before the band shared the posters online.
Clearly it was something meant to happen.
If not then, perhaps when almost every media outlet was sharing the same information en masse.
A week later to then cast doubt is a bit too late perhaps?
FWD.

Maybe we’ve dodged a bullet, if the leeds and crystal palace gigs are cancelled? I mean, he isn’t well known for playing what audiences want, and with 2 unreleased albums worth of music ready to go, as much as I would love to hear his new material on my hifi, its always a bit of an atmosphere destroyer when an artist plays a large percentage of unreleased songs at a gig

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom